shape
carat
color
clarity

In the spirit of the recent blog post: what is your dream engagement watch?

I saw the recent blog post on the PS blog about engagement watches - see here - and it got me thinking: if for some reason you couldn’t have an engagement ring (or if you would receive both an engagement ring AND an engagement watch) - what watch would you like?

Pick a watch that would be realistic for your lifestyle and the amount you’d realistically be okay to spend. If you’re someone who really hates watches, substitute with a different engagement article (that isn’t a ring); or let us know what you’d buy for your partner instead (if they have zero preference). Also would be interesting to see what is your reasoning for picking the watch you do!

To get us started -

If I was getting only an engagement watch and no engagement ring, I’d be a bit more comfortable spending on the watch - I might not get as close to what we’d be willing to budget for the ring, but perhaps in the general ballpark. I oscillate between wanting a Rolex and not; especially because I only like Rolexes with diamonds in them; but I would love the lady datejust, with a two tone bracelet and diamonds in the bezel as well as the numbers, with the silver dial. I posted a pic here for reference:

C26F3AD3-3DF3-42F4-9357-C8BC7EFB516D.jpeg

If I did both an engagement ring and an engagement watch; I would forego the diamonds entirely. I would still like a two toned watch as that would go with everything, but I’d be willing to settle for steel if it exceeds the budget. My dream watch then would be the Cartier panthere two-tone, in the small size, but I’d be happy with the steel ballon bleu no diamonds as well!

78E407DD-8AC5-469B-8D88-FB5B84E59659.jpeg

23CC0510-3EB3-4203-A050-E308857B336D.jpeg

So let’s hear yours!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I haven't worn a watch in years, since I can tell the time on my iphone.

If I had to pick something besides a wedding set, I would want matching wedding band tattoos. It seems very convenient and kind of fun too.

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not a huge watch person but I wouldn’t turn down either of these, vintage or antique platinum and diamonds. The curves on the first one just scream sexy and I love the deco feel of the second.

Fun thread!
BF84DC86-812B-4F23-9430-BE99824EB8EF.jpeg

F2F9DB18-AA9A-4477-ABB4-F547ECA53C5B.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw the recent blog post on the PS blog about engagement watches - see here - and it got me thinking: if for some reason you couldn’t have an engagement ring (or if you would receive both an engagement ring AND an engagement watch) - what watch would you like?

Pick a watch that would be realistic for your lifestyle and the amount you’d realistically be okay to spend. If you’re someone who really hates watches, substitute with a different engagement article (that isn’t a ring); or let us know what you’d buy for your partner instead (if they have zero preference). Also would be interesting to see what is your reasoning for picking the watch you do!

To get us started -

If I was getting only an engagement watch and no engagement ring, I’d be a bit more comfortable spending on the watch - I might not get as close to what we’d be willing to budget for the ring, but perhaps in the general ballpark. I oscillate between wanting a Rolex and not; especially because I only like Rolexes with diamonds in them; but I would love the lady datejust, with a two tone bracelet and diamonds in the bezel as well as the numbers, with the silver dial. I posted a pic here for reference:

C26F3AD3-3DF3-42F4-9357-C8BC7EFB516D.jpeg

If I did both an engagement ring and an engagement watch; I would forego the diamonds entirely. I would still like a two toned watch as that would go with everything, but I’d be willing to settle for steel if it exceeds the budget. My dream watch then would be the Cartier panthere two-tone, in the small size, but I’d be happy with the steel ballon bleu no diamonds as well!

78E407DD-8AC5-469B-8D88-FB5B84E59659.jpeg

23CC0510-3EB3-4203-A050-E308857B336D.jpeg

So let’s hear yours!

I have the Rolex date just with diamond markers and silver face - just not the diamond bezel. I wear it everyday and love it! Would not have been in the cards when I was engaged but I am happy to have been able to have it later on. It would definitely have been my pick though!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A nice idea but wouldn't work for me
i got a good watch for my 21st many years ago now and it sat in a drawer for good and never got worn and the battry leaked and cost $300 to fix it for it to just go back in the drawer (i fear the same thing may have happened again)

now a nice bangle i would not say no to

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A nice idea but wouldn't work for me
i got a good watch for my 21st many years ago now and it sat in a drawer for good and never got worn and the battry leaked and cost $300 to fix it for it to just go back in the drawer (i fear the same thing may have happened again)

now a nice bangle i would not say no to
You need to buy a mechanical watch. ;))

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I'm just not a watch person at all. I tried to be, because I thought it made me look tidy and professional though!

So, I would pass entirely on a watch, for any occasion.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, I'm kicking myself for not having thought of an engagement watch in lieu of an e-ring. Much as I adored my Victorian-era e-ring, I would have joyfully accepted this instead: a 1928 Lady and the Tiger enameled watch by Elgin.
1928 Elgin Lady & the Tiger watch.jpg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were getting an engagement watch rather than a ring, I’d love an original Junghans Max Bill (or this one with red accents).

15207890-klk57tixlhkoucq57pdqg0kx-ExtraLarge.jpg Or a super plain vintage Rolex

affordable-vintage-rolex-precision-1606852643.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You need to buy a mechanical watch. ;))

Need a fairy Godmother to turn the other half into a fiancé first
Sigh
maybe an engagement watch would be nice

maybe im surposed to buy it for him
he has one that winds itself through the day while its being worn

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a watch person but after some thought one of these would do. :bigsmile:

1. The Graff Hallucination Watch.
"At the time (2014) it was the most expensive timepiece ever made at a price tag of $55 million, and it remains so today. The timepiece is set with over 110 carats of rare colored diamonds. The timepiece was based on a concept developed by Laurence Graff and took thousands of hours of work to set. The stones are outstandingly cut with exceptionally vivid colors."

GW5122-Hallucination_front-closed_XHighRes_6324-1-copy-800x800.jpg

This would go with anything I wore. Maybe a bit busy but I could adjust. :)

2. Patek Phillipe Vintage. I adore all things vintage and this is lovely.

vintage_patek_philippe_ladies_cocktail_diamonds_gubelin-1000x1000-500x500.jpg

3. Cartier Phoenix Watch...a work of art.
"This one of a kind piece is the most expensive Cartier watch money can buy. The timepiece is made out of 18-karat white gold and is shaped in the form of a phoenix spreading its wings. It is set with over 3,010 diamonds, totaling 80.13 carats and includes emeralds for eyes and one pear-shaped portrait cut diamond weighing 3.53 carats. The “secret” in the name of the timepiece refers to the fact that the watch is hidden in the phoenix."

cartierphoenixwatch.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t give up my watch so solid gold I watch with diamond accents

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
If I were getting an engagement watch rather than a ring, I’d love an original Junghans Max Bill (or this one with red accents).

15207890-klk57tixlhkoucq57pdqg0kx-ExtraLarge.jpg Or a super plain vintage Rolex

affordable-vintage-rolex-precision-1606852643.jpg

i love these. I would have selected a Cellini but I was trying to be realistic about my budget (boooo hisss)

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I would have picked a Cartier Tank Francaise for an engagement watch. A great classic for daily wearing. I did get one for our eleventh anniversary (traditional gift: steel) and it's my favourite thing to put on every day.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something I can sell to buy a Garmin and diamond stud earrings.

But that might be cheating? The Forerunner is £150 - 500 so it seems more like a birthday gift than a replacement for an engagement ring. This is top end one, maybe too heavy for regular non-running wear, but it has all the functions :kiss2:

1629811000541.png

Fun question!

If I were only to get an engagement watch and no ring, I’d pick a mid century 18k gold Bulgari Tubogas with Vacheron Constantin or Jaeger-Le Coultre movement. Something like this:
DA788EFF-E7B1-4634-9651-9AD266257A52.jpeg
F18301D0-EDEA-413B-B143-D571FAB5F2A2.jpeg

If I was just getting the watch, and also wasn’t buying a wedding, honeymoon, condo, etc., within 6-12 months, I’d go full Vulgari with a Serpenti Secret watch. Circa 1960s with JLC movement for Liz Taylor appeal. Ideally one of the enamel styles — feels more “everyday” than the diamond and gemstone encrusted versions :lol:

593D9B3B-6EAD-419F-BE26-31C74E230B91.jpeg

058F8ECA-4DB0-4216-A603-6E34E4F042CC.jpeg

If I were to get both an e-ring and an e-watch — you guessed it! — I’d still choose a Bulgari Serpenti. Apologies to @Dancing Fire and all other watch aficionados, as in this hypothetical, I’m going with quartz! Probably a modern stainless steel — no diamonds — to keep the ring budget nice and healthy.

7A0846C3-4743-4B77-AC1F-3D454D2F634F.png

Attachments

• 94EAD3FB-63CD-4582-9FF2-1BC46D214B73.jpeg
    94EAD3FB-63CD-4582-9FF2-1BC46D214B73.jpeg
    40.4 KB · Views: 14
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results