shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm taking the GIA Graduate Diamonds Exam tomorrow! Wish me luck!

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
  • Your final exam will be administered in an online environment. You must have access to a computer and Internet connectivity during your exam.
  • Your final exam must be taken under the supervision of a proctor. You may schedule your exam at any GIA campus, or you may take the exam in a location convenient to you. You must make these arrangements, and your proposed proctor must be submitted to GIA for approval, prior to taking the exam.
  • A maximum of three examination attempts will be permitted.
  • The final consists of 100 questions or incomplete statements, each followed by four possible answers.
  • Your final exam must be completed within the two hour time limit or it will be rendered null and void. The timer starts once you begin taking the final.
  • Exams in progress may be declared null and void if a testing session has to be interrupted for any reason such as a fire, earthquake, technical difficulties, or loss of Internet connectivity.
  • Copying, scanning, photographing of exam questions and material by any electronic, digital, or physical means, at any time, is prohibited.
  • You must score a minimum of 75 percent on your final exam to successfully complete this course.
  • If your score is 75 percent or above, you will be congratulated on your success. If not, you will be permitted two additional attempts to achieve a passing grade after you submit the proper Proctor Request for each subsequent attempt. To submit a proctor request, you may scan and email the ‘Final Exam Request’ form located in the ‘Arranging to take the final exam’ PDF to: [redacted]. After a third unsuccessful attempt, please contact your instructor for further guidance.
  • Certificates and diplomas are not awarded until all financial obligations are met. All tuition accounts and miscellaneous student fees must be paid in full and any borrowed equipment and library books and materials must be returned in good condition before your certificate will be ordered.
  • You must successfully complete your final exam on or prior to your course end date.
  • Your online course will no longer be accessible after the end date; we suggest you print any course materials you’d like to keep prior to that date. These materials are for your future reference only and cannot be used during the exam.
  • During the final exam, you will need to refer to the D&DG Weight Estimation Formulas and Charts document below. It can remain open on screen while you are taking the exam, or you may print the eight-page document in advance and have it on hand during the two hour time f

--- btw, find me on louptroop (Ringmaven) if you'd like me to mail you my study cue cards :D
    When do you hope to take your exam?
It won’t let me search usernames. Can you post a link to one of your listings please?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck!!
Thank you!!!
Good luck!
Oh thank you!!
Best of luck to you!
I need it! Haha thanks!
Good luck! :appl:
Oh thanks!!!
Thank you! Btw I love your ring... can I wear it for good luck? Haha just kidding! It would be far too distracting ;-)
Thank you!!!

I just assumed it was like the first course so I’m very thankful to know this ahead of time. I am hoping to take it by the end of the month. I’ll find you over on LT for sure!

Best of luck and go kick some GIA test booty!!!

It came as a shock to me, as well, lol!

Good luck @pearaffair! Go rock that exam (pun fully intended! :lol:)

Haha!!! I’m hoping to shine! Lol

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha
I used to totally have a good luck ring in school!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well my dear sweet baby is helping me get some early morning studying in... yay 5am wake up! Early bird catches the worm! Lol

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!! Way to go!:dance:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The crowd here is going wild over your touch-down, CONGRATULATIONS!
Wisc cheerleaders.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:Woo hoo. Congratulations

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats pearaffair!!! You did it!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Excellent. Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone!!!

Ok tips:

- know how to calculate stone angles/weights/sizes etc.
- there were not as many questions about inclusions as I would've thought.
- as you may have guessed, the questions at the end of each chapter totally relate to the questions on the final exam.
- knowing the terminology will be huge.
- super tiny and specific details were not as important as I might've thought.

So go in there expecting the exam to have questions from the end of each chapter, and questions that are practical. I felt like it was a fair exam. I think it would be easy to fail if you didn't read the chapters or study at all, and easy to pass if you read the chapters and study a little. Or cram a LOT, as I did ;-)

Thanks again for all the support! <3 It really helped. I used to be so good at school but I feel so brainless and sleepy and forgetful in my new mom life. :boohoo: Haha things are good though. :dance: Yay I passed!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Way to go!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @pearaffair

On to Colored Stones, Gem ID and Colored Stone Grading?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:clap::dance::clap:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great job!! Keep it up!

meowmeme

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!!!

Ok tips:

- know how to calculate stone angles/weights/sizes etc.
- there were not as many questions about inclusions as I would've thought.
- as you may have guessed, the questions at the end of each chapter totally relate to the questions on the final exam.
- knowing the terminology will be huge.
- super tiny and specific details were not as important as I might've thought.

So go in there expecting the exam to have questions from the end of each chapter, and questions that are practical. I felt like it was a fair exam. I think it would be easy to fail if you didn't read the chapters or study at all, and easy to pass if you read the chapters and study a little. Or cram a LOT, as I did ;-)

Thanks again for all the support! <3 It really helped. I used to be so good at school but I feel so brainless and sleepy and forgetful in my new mom life. :boohoo: Haha things are good though. :dance: Yay I passed!

Hi! Can you give me tips for the final LAB exam?

gemgal808

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I am super excited after having passed my Diamonds Essentials course and now moving on to Diamonds and Diamonds Grading for my final exam. I have just received the information on how to set-up the proctored exam and I am wondering, do they send you stones or microscope to examine stones for the final exam or is it completely an online test?

megnmri

Rough_Rock
So @pearaffair my class needs to be finished by November 30th. I'm also cramming and a little nervous! Are the questions on the exam the same questions found in the Questionnaires of each chapter? I'm not sure if I'll have time to do the extra attempts if I fail so I wanna make sure I do it right.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results