shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm really losing it- Lost Items

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Oh thank you all. No one else has access to the house and my husband (or I ) are home working most days. We literally never go anywhere except the store. I go to the office once a week hence my assumption I left the wrap at the office (I didn’t :()

I just had a physical and we changed up my thyroid meds but that was a good things. I’ll double check with my GP. B12 is curious hasn’t considered that. I am a crap sleeper but literally have had insomnia since I was a baby. It is well documented so while still a huge PiTA it hasn’t changed from say six months ago.

I keep thinking this is peri menopause but I actually have no idea if it is one of the symptoms or not.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't really vent elsewhere but I am seriously starting to think I have some mental block. I keep losing things. And not small things (well some). The worst part is I am sure I know where they are, I can remember putting them there and yet when I look nothing.

In the past 2 months I have lost a ring-noticed I wasn't wearing it and figured it was in the car as I took it off to grab something between the seats but when I went down the next morning nothing. Ripped the car apart and no ring.

I lost a ring box, a nice one but still, I can see in my mind's eye where I put it but it is no where to be found.

And I have lost my favorite wrap, I took a pin off of it and that is sitting right here but cannot begin to think where the wrap went to. It isn't at home, in the car, or at work and I don't go anywhere else.

I am beginning to feel like there are either thieving gnomes living here or I have some sort of mental block that I can't actually recall where I saw things last. Am I nuts?

ive come back to be more serouse
it could just be stress
life is very stressful right now

if you think you have been more stressed than usual (because hello you live on planet earth durring a pandemic) maybe put some time into some destressing and hopefuly that might help

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chronic poor sleep can cause short-term memory loss issues, which is also a possible side-effect of Ambien and other insomnia medications.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the last couple of years I have lost a very expensive watch, my car keys and a credit card. All are somewhere in the house; I know that for sure! But where? Gremlins me thinks!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the last couple of years I have lost a very expensive watch, my car keys and a credit card. All are somewhere in the house; I know that for sure! But where? Gremlins me thinks!

a watch is kinda big compaired to say a ring
it will turn up when you least expect it and you can celebrate and give the rest of us hope by dedicating a thread to this watch

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not a one.

Im very sad to hear that

I found mum's earings two weeks after i wanted to wear them behind a pile of hankies in my handy drawer
I knew they wern't really lost but it was getting on my nerves all the same

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I would suggest putting a bit of milk out for the fae, but that creeps me out. :lol:

Chalk it up to stress, because admitting anything else just causes more stress. and know you aren’t alone.

Wait - that sounds even more creepy…….

This is off topic but one time as a teen my father chopped down the beautiful weeping willow we had in the backyard. It was a tree that my mother & I admired to no end & my father isn't accustomed to pruning & just went all gung-ho on it & soon as we saw it, all of the branches & leaves were gone right down to the stump! Oh how we were so mad!

Anyways me being my weird little self I went outside and was just instinctively doing strange things as a form of therapeutic play (yes I still did so alone as a teen and still do!) ...I had gotten a large abalone shell and crushed it and then placed pieces of the shell in a pretty pattern around the stump and prayed to it that the fairies would hear my apologies for my father's wrongdoing haha

It was the middle of winter and all of our grass was dead by the way, like crispy brown dead. Only a few days later I come outside and I kid you not there's a ring around the tree, not right by the shells I had placed but far away from it untouched by the shells; was a ring of bright green perfect grass that had grown. Immediately I got the weirdest feeling & assumed it was my vertigo. Only later did I find out about fairy rings & each time I remember I get the chills!!

Odd coincidence or nature spirit's? I'll never know!

f3ggg (1).jpg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Your post made me think of a poem...one that always stuck with me. I guess it is the one thing I haven't lost over the years!

One Art​

The art of losing isn’t hard to master;
so many things seem filled with the intent
to be lost that their loss is no disaster.

Lose something every day. Accept the fluster
of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.
The art of losing isn’t hard to master.

Then practice losing farther, losing faster:
places, and names, and where it was you meant
to travel. None of these will bring disaster.

I lost my mother’s watch. And look! my last, or
next-to-last, of three loved houses went.
The art of losing isn’t hard to master.

I lost two cities, lovely ones. And, vaster,
some realms I owned, two rivers, a continent.
I miss them, but it wasn’t a disaster.

—Even losing you (the joking voice, a gesture
I love) I shan’t have lied. It’s evident
the art of losing’s not too hard to master
though it may look like (Write it!) like disaster.

~ Elizabeth Bishop

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results