shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m feenin for something GREEN!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I the only one that craves a particular color gemstone without thought to what that stone may be?

This is worse than a hotflash.
39.gif

I just bought something green. Apparently it wasn''t enough.

So anyways, I was over at swalagemtraders just kinda you know, checking out their website a lil. I''m supposed to be looking at the purple stones but noooooo here I am sneaking peeks at the green ones. I have to admit that their tsavorites make me salivate.

Its sad, here I am I''m supposed to be looking for purple stones right now according to my stones list, but can''t because I''ve got green on the brain.
20.gif
And that just sucks because good greens are darn expensive!

At any rate, that may be my next purchase. I don''t know which one yet but the green feen ain''t letting go!

-A

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have like 100 paridots (yes, I went through a paridot faze), ill send ya one cheap to help LOL.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
don''t you hate having champagne tastes on a beer budget?! Did anything in particular catch your eye?

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm, you already have nice peridots & sphene... How ''bout this natural green Aussie sapphire? It''s only 0.95ct, 6mm though...
5.gif

AUS_Green_Saph.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks guys.

Tropic gal, I''ve got a TON of peridot! All you''re gonna do is add to the collection lol.

Sarabear, yeah it sucks like eggs...lol I''ve got my eye on a tsavorite. I won''t be eating peanut butter if I get it, but I won''t be buying anymore stones for while either. The thought of that has me doing some serious thinking because that means I won''t be able to scratch any itch I have for a while if I do this.

blithesome, I love all my greenies because to me they''re really gorgeous... I''m having a few set as we speak
27.gif
. I even have a chrome tourmaline (lovely but too dark to set). I think that my green phase somehow kicked into high gear and getting that 6ct peridot didn''t help much lol.

-A

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I think you''re destined to switch to color changers - that change from...anything...to green
9.gif

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 3:59:42 AM
Author: ma re
I think you''re destined to switch to color changers - that change from...anything...to green
9.gif
Hehehe nice one ma re.
9.gif

Arcadian, I wouldn''t be surprised if you got a new thread of a Gigantic Green Gem (a Tsav most probably). But anyhow, I''m excited to see what''s gonna be your next purchase & some of those you''ve set. ''coz that only means our eyes are gonna feast again with tons of lovely photos
2.gif

BTW, you said you''re supposed to be looking for a purple stone. Have you seen AmGuy''s JXR Amethyst listed on ebay? If not yet, well you gotta check it out. For me, it''s probably one of most gorgeous faceted Amethyst I''ve seen online... Not sure though if it''s beautiful enough to sway your ''addiction'' to greenies hehe

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I''m the same Arcadian, I get a need for a color, and there we go again!

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
I love green too with a touch of blue.
That sapphire would suit me fine.
I don''t like anything bigger than about 7mm.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I heard one of Swala’s tsavorites chanting your name.
11.gif
Seriously, if you feel the green itch that badly, it’ll be worth it in the long run. You may have to refrain from buying gems for a few weeks/months but you’ll be too happy with your new green to care (much).
9.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I love greens! Are you looking for a deeper green or a lighter one? I know you love bright colors! I think a tsav or an emerald would be lovely.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
blithesome, I knew Amguy was on ebay but I never can pull up his store. (maybe I''m searching wrong) you have a linkypoo? I''ve still got some gems that I haven''t exactly taken pictures of
emembarrassed.gif
I''m waiting for some decently sunny days that don''t involve a lot of shoveling.

MariedTiger, we need to form a club. I''m starting the year off right by totally trashing my gem list...lol

MissMina, I was the same way too... But trust me, at some point you may not even realize it, but you''re going to go bigger if you hang out here long enough
11.gif

Chrono, I''ve got quite a few saved on my favorites list. And I figured with Swala I can''t go wrong with getting my color fix. But it sure does play hell on the wallet! BTW, Eric just got back with me on something I was looking at
38.gif
Yes I''m going to pull the trigger (I should be ashamed!!)

IndyLady, my problem is that I like nearly ALL GREENS. I''ve got yellowish greens , bluish greens, and olive greens. If they say I love you, I say I love you back! LOL I''m forgiving of the color as the forces always seem to be a bit aganst it, plus green makes me feel giddy (could be why I love money so much
9.gif
). I am also going through the "colors that really pop" phase of my collecting. Thats all Chrono''s fault
25.gif

Amazingly enough, I am not after a cuprian in my collection. I like them on other people, but of the ones I''ve seen in person, I don''t like them on myself. I think I need to see the ones that have lots of zeros in the price tag, or pay lovingdiamonds a visit to play in her jewelery box.
9.gif

-A

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've just bought a cushion cut from Swala (today in fact) after sending Eric an email just before Christmas. I was asking him about 2 very similar and today he said that somebody else had asked about the exact same 2 a few days later - was that you by any chance??? I bet it was! We have similar taste in green gems I think!
9.gif

And you're welcome to come and play in my jewellery box any time!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD, I don''t doubt that it was! I have asked Eric to reserve one for me. Its the size I can reasonably get right now and get a setting for. I did eye a 2ct stone because lets face it, they''re LUSCIOUS
18.gif
However, the price would kill off my gem budget for the next 6 months.

I swear I need to find a sugar daddy!!
39.gif

-A

icekid

Ideal_Rock
You are not alone... I love me some GREEN too! I''m saving up for a super fab tsavorite myself. Get to it
9.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2010 10:26:55 PM
Author: blithesome71
Arcadian, here''s the link to Amguy''s purple beauty: JXR Amethyst

Here''s another one (Emerald cut, JXR Amethyst): JXR Amethyst (EC)

1.gif
Thats some grape jelly right thur!!
18.gif

Thank you for this. didn''t alleviate the need for green but Im loving these colors.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A-
Here''s something green for you!!! Does that make you want to buy something purple now???

1oscar-the-grouch.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tsavorites are quite lovely and green. I can''t wait to see what you get.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I already have an Oscar the Grouch dolly with garbage can (don''t judge me
emembarrassed.gif
)

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
I’m totally jealous now that Arcadian has been invited to play in your box and I’m not.
38.gif
9.gif
So...where are pictures of this new tsav?

Arcadian,
I’m so excited (yeah, there goes my duty as a Disabler
25.gif
). Have you bought it yet? Which one is it?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny, Arcadian, I used exactly the same term in conjunction with alexandrites one topic before. I think all of us are developing a serious problem if a mere thought of a stone evokes such a strong physiologic reflex (LOL).

I totally understand the "green" addiction. Don''t we say, "I am waiting for a green light", or "just wait for green"? Green is a "go forward" sign, so my advice is to go ahead and buy the tsavorite! I would have done it myself, but there are two wonderful stones looking at me each time I open my safe, waiting to be set.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2010 9:10:43 AM
Author: Chrono

LD,
I’m totally jealous now that Arcadian has been invited to play in your box and I’m not.
38.gif
9.gif
So...where are pictures of this new tsav?

Arcadian,
I’m so excited (yeah, there goes my duty as a Disabler
25.gif
). Have you bought it yet? Which one is it?
I''m waiting for a reply from Eric.
36.gif

-A

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
The Swala tsavs are super gorgeous and totally worth it. (enable enable)

Seriously though: super gorgeous and totally worth it like woah.
2.gif

(And yeah, I hear you on the greens. Tsavorites and emeralds are my addiction of the moment. I was supposed to be saving up for something else, but ahee that ain''t happening.)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this whole forum has been on a tsavorite addiction kick for a while now - LOL!

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
I have a loose emerald, a loose tsavorite, and a tsavorite in a pendant. I think my next foray into green will be a chrome tourmaline.

Right now, however, my craving is red and violet... I could have a craving for blue, but my budget doesn't really allow it right now.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2010 2:39:45 PM
Author: Kim Bruun
I have a loose emerald, a loose tsavorite, and a tsavorite in a pendant. I think my next foray into green will be a chrome tourmaline.

Right now, however, my craving is red and violet... I could have a craving for blue, but my budget doesn''t really allow it right now.
The blue craving can be REALLY expensive
3.gif
I''m lucky I don''t have that one too often.

I have some Sally Hansen nail polish called deep purple (amazing stuff!) I saw the JXR ammy and it looks to be the same color
36.gif
. oh yeah thats the next purchase (soon as I stop spending money on more green stuff
20.gif
)

I should be ashamed that I''m buying stones to match up with my nail polish
2.gif
....NAH! lol

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its been reserved!!!
36.gif

Specs? here they are:

Variety: Tsavorite
Quantity: Single stone
Cut / Shape: Cushion
Cut quality: Excellent
Clarity: Lightly included
Treatment: None
Color: Green
Origin: Tanzania
Weight: 1.31 ct
Dimension: 6.4 x 6.1 x 4 mm

Plus that COLOR
30.gif

The inclusion that you''re seeing in the picture was something I had to ask about. Eric said that its not a major big deal, that its not as visable IRL. Thats cool, because it gets me a bit more size and keeps the gem affordable.

Now how to set it.
22.gif

-A

arctsavwhoo.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice!! Just please don't wear green nailpolish with it!!
40.gif

PS: Love your new avatar!!
30.gif

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 7:26:35 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Very nice!! Just please don't wear green nailpolish with it!!
40.gif
Seconded - match your ensemble and makeup to that, and the result will be a rather venomous look. Gorgeous stone, though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results