shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m 24 and I like YG?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
IMO diamonds can never be too much :razz:

I like that combo :D tres sparkly :D:D:D:D

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
My rings are yellow gold. I prefer YG and always have. All my opal jewelry is YG. I do wear silver on my right hand though (most given as gifts).

I say wear your YG proudly since it works with your skin tone. So what with other''s opinion.

If I worried about what people would say about whatever I wore, I''d never leave the house!

I''d love to be 24 again...

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2007 7:45:39 AM
Author: ang3199

While we are on the topic of YG, what do you all think of this look for my wedding bands. We haven''t purchased them yet b.c we were not sure if they were ''too much'' or I should go with something plainer. Comments (good and bad) will be appreciated
28.gif
I think it looks great! Not too much IMO... just sparkles like mad
30.gif

Also, just as a side note, I am your age and I don''t see YG as passe or "out of style", it is just associated with the bad designs of the 70s and 80s (as someone else mentioned). The main reason why I do not wear much YG and did not get a YG ering is because it looks terrible on my skin tone... and WG looks great.

As long as you like it wouldn''t worry about it. And I say go for those wbands in the pic... yum
18.gif

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Poshpepper: Thanks for you comment. I really like the combo too, so I think that''s what we will go with.

My FI had suggested getting my diamond reset in WG because I told him I was toying with the idea. But, I went to the mall (oh dear!) and tried on a WG in my carat weight and I wasn''t super in-love with it. To me, that was the deal maker....my YG is here to stay!

The sales lady even had the audacity to tell me that my diamond would sparkle more in WG (I think she wanted to make the sale). I was kind of offended, considering my diamond is an F, VVS2. Silly saleslady....hahah.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I remember when no one wanted to wear white metals because it was like silver. I think there is a richness and warmth to yellow gold that no other metal has.

Your set is beautiful, and honestly I would not change a thing.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Tacky? No, yellow gold is certainly in fashion, & I think always has been. Perhaps the affordability of Platinum has allowed consumers to buy it for their own preferences, I see no way that yellow gold is out or ever has been out. Enjoy your ring, its beautiful.
9.gif

Judy
:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results