Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="House Cat|

I said on another thread, please, if you can't pick a candidate for any other reason, please pick the candidate that is most qualified to be president.[/quote]

JoCo and Holly S :!: ... :appl:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I figured out who I'm voting for ;-)

12809631_10153893542123605_2556337559601763024_n.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1456969544|3998853 said:
ruby59|1456950410|3998647 said:
Clinton is my lesser of 2 evils. I am hoping we are wrong about her.

But with Trump, I do not think so. IMO he will ruin this country. He is so arrogant now trying to get people to vote for him. Cannot even imagine how he will be if he wins.
IMO, Once he secure the GOP nomination he'll calm down.

Agree with ruby here. Except that I also think not only is he arrogant but Trump is dangerous. I shudder to think what will happen to this country should he become President.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1456951873|3998678 said:
monarch64|1456951523|3998670 said:
JoCo, I like you and respect your opinions, but can you PLEASE spell Hillary's first name correctly? Please. You are killing me. :lol:

:lol: I'm sorry; that's not intentional (though ... :think: )

I have a friend with same name, and I always forget who has one "L" vs. two.

Be thankful, I was going to type "Hellary". :lol:

Hope you don't mind but I am borrowing this JoCoJenn. :lol:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1456957302|3998735 said:
Well, broaden your mind. Like Monnie, I will vote for Hillary Clinton without great unhappiness. She isn't my first choice, but, Obama wasn't my first choice, either. Neither is liberal enough for me. At least Obama was black and Clinton is a woman.

REALLY??!! If this read "at least... white and a man," everyone would be pitching a fit. That comment is racist and sexist, just not in the way most will acknowledge. Shouldn't we see past color and sex? Isn't that what everyone gets into such a tizzy about?? SHEESH...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1457117876|3999838 said:
Well, broaden your mind. Like Monnie, I will vote for Hillary Clinton without great unhappiness. She isn't my first choice, but, Obama wasn't my first choice, either. Neither is liberal enough for me. At least Obama was black and Clinton is a woman.

REALLY??!! If this read "at least... white and a man," everyone would be pitching a fit. That comment is racist and sexist, just not in the way most will acknowledge. Shouldn't we see past color and sex? Isn't that what everyone gets into such a tizzy about?? SHEESH...

Yeah, you can spin it that way if you want, Msop. Fact remains that every POTUS for the past couple hundred years has been a white male. So in the interest of pointing out "gee, at least we are getting more diverse in our choices" I don't have a problem with Deb's statement. But if you want to sit here and call out omgREVERSERACISM and SEXISM because the poor white men are all sitting around being discriminated against, have at it.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1457118214|3999841 said:

Yeah, you can spin it that way if you want, Msop. Fact remains that every POTUS for the past couple hundred years has been a white male. So in the interest of pointing out "gee, at least we are getting more diverse in our choices" I don't have a problem with Deb's statement. But if you want to sit here and call out omgREVERSERACISM and SEXISM because the poor white men are all sitting around being discriminated against, have at it.

I'm not spinning anything... I'm simply pointing out that if it were stated the other way around, everyone would be losing their minds. That's all. :think:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

To acknowledge race and sex isn't the same as discrimination against it. And it's not discrimination when the party involved is the one in power.

Minorities and women are underrepresented in the presidency and to want to see that changed is not discriminatory.

And to vote for trump just becuase hes on the GOP ticket is the same as voting for a women JUST BECAUSE she is one. Plus, I doubt that's what anyone is doing. It is nice to see, but not the only reason I will vote for her.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1457118629|3999843 said:

To acknowledge race and sex isn't the same as discrimination against it. And it's not discrimination when the party involved is the one in power.

Minorities and women are underrepresented in the presidency and to want to see that changed is not discriminatory.

And to vote for trump just becuase hes on the GOP ticket is the same as voting for a women JUST BECAUSE she is one. Plus, I doubt that's what anyone is doing. It is nice to see, but not the only reason I will vote for her.

I think discrimination is discrimination, regardless of who is in power.

To acknowledge is one thing, but to say at least he's black and she's a woman can be taken different ways. I took it to mean that made them "better candidates" because of his color and her sex. And honestly, in this day and age, being a white male is a bit scary as well. I would say they are discriminated against -- for purposes of "political correctness".

I agree that the best candidate should "get the job", regardless of what color/sex/faith/flavor ice cream they prefer/etc... -- be it a college applicant, an employee trying to get a promotion, or the POTUS. It seems we're so busy trying to meet quotas for sex and race in everything, that actual qualifications are often left out of the equation. And that is sad. It's also discriminatory... just not as we are used to seeing it. Just MHO...

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1457119338|3999857 said:
Niel|1457118629|3999843 said:

To acknowledge is one thing, but to say at least he's black and she's a woman can be taken different ways. I took it to mean that made them "better candidates" because of his color and her sex. And honestly, in this day and age, being a white male is a bit scary as well. I would say they are discriminated against -- for purposes of "political correctness".

I agree that the best candidate should "get the job", regardless of what color/sex/faith/flavor ice cream they prefer/etc... -- be it a college applicant, an employee trying to get a promotion, or the POTUS. It seems we're so busy trying to meet quotas for sex and race in everything, that actual qualifications are often left out of the equation. And that is sad. It's also discriminatory... just not as we are used to seeing it. Just MHO...

Ha-ha. I'm not so sure about that. But if it is, about time.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I don't think that voting for Trump because he is on the Republican ticket is the same as voting for Clinton because she's a woman. Voting for someone simply because you both have a vagina is not the same as voting for someone who shares many of your political views/beliefs. I do not agree with voting for someone just because they are black/female - that goes well beyond "acknowledging" their race/sex and just because almost all of the presidents have been white/male, doesn't make it right. Discrimination is not just about who's in power.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And honestly, in this day and age, being a white male is a bit scary as well. I would say they are discriminated against -- for purposes of "political correctness".

No. Just no. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1457119642|3999860 said:

Ha-ha. I'm not so sure about that. But if it is, about time.[/quote]

Bring on another group to discriminate against! We need moooorrrreeee!!! That's how we'll all get along! :bigsmile: :halo: :D

I think I'll post a pic of my kitty... because he's cute. 8)
punkin.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not voting for your cat. You can't make me. Just because I have a pussy...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going against the status quo is now considered reverse discrimination? :confused:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
liaerfbv|1457119953|3999862 said:
And honestly, in this day and age, being a white male is a bit scary as well. I would say they are discriminated against -- for purposes of "political correctness".

It happens all the time, especially in government jobs. I know first hand.

My husband (when applying for a "city landscape supervisor" type of job) was told by the HR person (with whom he graduated from college) that if he were black/Hispanic or female that they could give him the job because he was certainly the most qualified applicant and had the most experience... but since the city had to meet their "quota" for minorities, he wouldn't get it. According to him, this type of thing "happens all the time" and he ends up hiring someone who is not qualified because of their race and/or sex.

That is discrimination as well...

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Msop, here's an article about privilege. This is not specific to race or gender, but it's a very good explanation of how to reflect upon privilege and what it means when someone says to "check your privilege."

http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/07/what-checking-privilege-means/

ETA: I was trying to be nice, but upon reflection - let me be clear. If you are a white person living in the US, you have so much privilege it is incomparable to minorities, and to claim otherwise is ignorant.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1457120532|3999869 said:

My husband (when applying for a "city landscape supervisor" type of job) was told by the HR person (with whom he graduated from college) that if he were black/Hispanic or female that they could give him the job because he was certainly the most qualified applicant and had the most experience... but since the city had to meet their "quota" for minorities, he wouldn't get it. According to him, this type of thing "happens all the time" and he ends up hiring someone who is not qualified because of their race and/or sex.

So the HR person was your husband's friend? And in a professional capacity the friend shared with your husband that the reason he was not hired was because of his gender and race? And at that point your husband did not go to his friend's supervisor and also retain an attorney for a discrimination lawsuit?

Or was this actually some random conversation that took place after your husband wasn't hired, as in, well sorry dude, it's just we have to hire all these minorities and women. But you were totally qualified!

I mean, come on.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1457119986|3999863 said:

Bring on another group to discriminate against! We need moooorrrreeee!!! That's how we'll all get along! :bigsmile: :halo: :D

punkin.jpg [/quote]

You get that's not what I was saying, I know you're jsut trying to be snarky.

I'm sorry your husband told you he didn't get a job because he isn't a Mexican female.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1457120066|3999865 said:
I'm not voting for your cat. You can't make me. Just because I have a pussy...

Now THAT'S hilarious!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1457118214|3999841 said:

Well put, Monie.

White males have screwed up this country enough!
Time for other groups to do the same. ;-)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1457120842|3999872 said:

So the HR person was your husband's friend? And in a professional capacity the friend shared with your husband that the reason he was not hired was because of his gender and race? And at that point your husband did not go to his friend's supervisor and also retain an attorney for a discrimination lawsuit?

Or was this actually some random conversation that took place after your husband wasn't hired, as in, well sorry dude, it's just we have to hire all these minorities and women. But you were totally qualified!

I mean, come on.

Yes. He is his friend. And no, my husband would never do that bc he is a professional with a successful business and doesn't feel the need to jump on the "discrimination bandwagon". He knows that is just the way things go (as did his friend, which is why he felt comfortable being straight with him about the job). We both knew it was a long shot, but, hey... ya never know... Even if he was the type to file a discrimination lawsuit, he'd never win because he is in fact white and a male, a combination that can never be discriminated against in our society's eyes.

And, no, my husband had submitted his application when his friend intercepted it and called him... FWIW, the guy who was hired (at the time my DH put in his resume) was terminated not long after because he "lacks sufficient skills to perform"... That was the official write up (x3 due to process). The city is now on hire #3. It has been almost 5 months since my DH applied. He is more than qualified, believe me... We just thought it would be nice for our family to have good 'ole government insurance and paid time off.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1457121366|3999876 said:
msop04|1457119986|3999863 said:

punkin.jpg

You get that's not what I was saying, I know you're jsut trying to be snarky.

I'm sorry your husband told you he didn't get a job because he isn't a Mexican female.[/quote]

I know, girl! I was just being silly! I'm sorry he didn't get it because of that too! LOL ;))

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1457122758|3999887 said:

I mean, come on.

Yes. He is his friend. And no, my husband would never do that bc he is a professional with a successful business and doesn't feel the need to jump on the "discrimination bandwagon". He knows that is just the way things go (as did his friend, which is why he felt comfortable being straight with him about the job). We both knew it was a long shot, but, hey... ya never know... Even if he was the type to file a discrimination lawsuit, he'd never win because he is in fact white and a male, a combination that can never be discriminated against in our society's eyes.

And, no, my husband had submitted his application when his friend intercepted it and called him... FWIW, the guy who was hired (at the time my DH put in his resume) was terminated not long after because he "lacks sufficient skills to perform"... That was the official write up (x3 due to process). The city is now on hire #3. It has been almost 5 months since my DH applied. He is more than qualified, believe me... We just thought it would be nice for our family to have good 'ole government insurance and paid time off.

Gotcha. Thanks for elaborating. I probably came across as trying to push your buttons, sorry about that. Sometimes I get a little too candid here.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's a reason there are no longer any black people in these threads. The few we ever had for more than 5 minutes before they ran for the hills, had their heads explode.

I miss Moonwater....

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1457123046|3999890 said:
msop04|1457122758|3999887 said:

I mean, come on.

Gotcha. Thanks for elaborating. I probably came across as trying to push your buttons, sorry about that. Sometimes I get a little too candid here.

No! It's fine! :))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="kenny|

Time for other groups to do the same. ;-)[/quote]

That's why we need a Chinese male in office!... :praise:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1457119745|3999861 said:
I don't think that voting for Trump because he is on the Republican ticket is the same as voting for Clinton because she's a woman. Voting for someone simply because you both have a vagina is not the same as voting for someone who shares many of your political views/beliefs. I do not agree with voting for someone just because they are black/female - that goes well beyond "acknowledging" their race/sex and just because almost all of the presidents have been white/male, doesn't make it right. Discrimination is not just about who's in power.

Agree with this 100%. And I don't discuss politics so I will not be divulging who my vote will go to.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1457135568|3999986 said:
[quote="kenny|

Time for other groups to do the same. ;-)

That's why we need a Chinese male in office!... :praise:[/quote]

... as long as he's a big husky bass player from Australia and he's gay. :lol:

Oh, and hopefully a Chinese man who doesn't screw up quotes. :mrgreen:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...a little comic relief. [emoji56][emoji23][emoji23]

imageuploadedbytapatalk1457141832.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results