• Stay home

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's nearly certain these two will be the candidates, but both are strongly disliked.

What will you do on election day?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Other. I'm voting for Hillary Rodham Clinton. I wanted to vote for her in 2008 but she didn't get the nom. I have always liked and respected her and if that throws me into the pariah category here on PS, so be it.

I'm not Goldilocks. No perfect candidate is going to come down from the sky and perfectly align with my thoughts on all the issues like some savior from above. There is no "just right" candidate for everyone, or probably for anyone. And this "trust" stuff? Who actually trusts politicians? Did we not all learn this valuable lesson in grade school when our elected class officers did not actually follow through with getting us all our own personal vending machine filled with our favorite sodas and candies? I mean, damn, people. Trust?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1456948445|3998619 said:
Other. I'm voting for Hillary Rodham Clinton. I wanted to vote for her in 2008 but she didn't get the nom. I have always liked and respected her and if that throws me into the pariah category here on PS, so be it.

I'm not Goldilocks. No perfect candidate is going to come down from the sky and perfectly align with my thoughts on all the issues like some savior from above. There is no "just right" candidate for everyone, or probably for anyone. And this "trust" stuff? Who actually trusts politicians? Did we not all learn this valuable lesson in grade school when our elected class officers did not actually follow through with getting us all our own personal vending machine filled with our favorite sodas and candies? I mean, damn, people. Trust?

Voting for one of those two without holding your nose.

That option had not occured to me ... but hey ... people vary. :lol:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And this "trust" stuff? Who actually trusts politicians? Did we not all learn this valuable lesson in grade school when our elected class officers did not actually follow through with getting us all our own personal vending machine filled with our favorite sodas and candies? I mean, damn, people. Trust?

If you don't have trust in any politician, then why bother voting for Hilary? Who's to say she's not blowing smoke on the issues you do think she closely aligns with you on? Or is she your 'lesser of two evils'?

If it's the latter, I'd say that's how we all would approach politicians and who we vote for, to some degree. Just like you won't find one that aligns 100% with your beliefs, you probably won't find one you explicitly trust 100%. That's why I look at their record compared to their talking points ... that usually tells me what I need to know.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I'll vote for Trump. He aligns more closely with me than Clinton (or any other dem) does.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Clinton is my lesser of 2 evils. I am hoping we are wrong about her.

But with Trump, I do not think so. IMO he will ruin this country. He is so arrogant now trying to get people to vote for him. Cannot even imagine how he will be if he wins.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd actually vote for Clinton.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Clinton. A thousand times over.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1456950227|3998643 said:
And this "trust" stuff? Who actually trusts politicians? Did we not all learn this valuable lesson in grade school when our elected class officers did not actually follow through with getting us all our own personal vending machine filled with our favorite sodas and candies? I mean, damn, people. Trust?

If you don't have trust in any politician, then why bother voting for Hilary? Who's to say she's not blowing smoke on the issues you do think she closely aligns with you on? Or is she your 'lesser of two evils'?

If it's the latter, I'd say that's how we all would approach politicians and who we vote for, to some degree. Just like you won't find one that aligns 100% with your beliefs, you probably won't find one you explicitly trust 100%. That's why I look at their record compared to their talking points ... that usually tells me what I need to know.

JoCo, I like you and respect your opinions, but can you PLEASE spell Hillary's first name correctly? Please. You are killing me. :lol:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1456951523|3998670 said:
JoCo, I like you and respect your opinions, but can you PLEASE spell Hillary's first name correctly? Please. You are killing me. :lol:

:lol: I'm sorry; that's not intentional (though ... :think: )

I have a friend with same name, and I always forget who has one "L" vs. two.

Be thankful, I was going to type "Hellary". :lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm voting for Clinton.

I loved your post Monnie :wavey:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1456951873|3998678 said:

Hellary...I like it. She'll get my vote even though I don't like her. If I were a believer, I'd be convinced Trump is the Antichrist.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1456950227|3998643 said:

No, she's kiling you. ;-)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1456949968|3998639 said:
Voting for one of those two without holding your nose.

That option had not occured to me

Well, broaden your mind. Like Monnie, I will vote for Hillary Clinton without great unhappiness. She isn't my first choice, but, Obama wasn't my first choice, either. Neither is liberal enough for me. At least Obama was black and Clinton is a woman.

Hillary Clinton has a huge amount of experience in government; is very smart; is well educated; is not sexist or racist; and is stable. We have rarely had a candidate as well rounded as she is. Her policies are not exactly to me taste, but at least she will not try to turn back the clock on Roe v. Wade or set up a registry of Muslims. What else can you ask for nowadays?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neither one has the character and integrity to be President, in my opinion, and I have no plans to vote for either. I have voted for someone I wasn't crazy about before, but I can't stand either one of them. What a sad day for this country if that's the best we can offer.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1456955271|3998708 said:
No, she's kiling you. ;-)

I wouldn't do that to her Kenny. :hand:

That would just result in dems using her vote for "Hells" multiple times from the grave. :errrr:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

ditto, almost.

The only place I differ is that I wanted to vote for (and did vote for) Obama in 2008, but I would have happily voted for Clinton had she been the nominee. What a great year. I was happy with both Dems in the primaries and felt pretty certain that either one was a strong enough candidate to win.

This year I will happily vote for Clinton if she's it and feel that she could win. I don't count Sanders out yet though. He's still got a ton of money and there are still many primaries to go. I would certainly vote for Sanders over Trump, Cruz or Rubio but I'm not as confident that he'd win.

So yeah, I'll vote for Clinton while breathing through both nostrils!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
In terms of the "trust" issue that's been discussed, I agree that many of us don't trust politicians. Having said that, I think some of us would at least hope for a certain level of honesty and integrity in a presidential candidate.
Hillary Clinton has lied, and lied some more, and lied again.... And for me, it's not just about the lying, it's about how she deals with the lying (when she gets caught). For example, when she traveled to Bosnia, she claimed in a speech that she landed under sniper fire and had to run with her head down in an effort to get safely to her vehicle. There is photographic evidence of the actual landing, where Hillary was welcomed with a "greeting ceremony" that lacked any sort of sniper fire. When confronted about the lie, Hillary casually brushed it off saying that she misspoke or that her memory must have failed her. I'd be willing to bet that anyone who has actually been in battle, knows that there is nothing casual about sniper fire... So while I might not trust any politician, Hillary lacks the integrity, morality, honor, and decency to get my vote. Trump won't get my vote either, so I guess I'm left with staying home :((

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I chose other. I will vote for Hillary for many reasons.

Honestly, I don't trust Bernie. I think he is writing checks with his mouth that his butt can't cash. Purple unicorns for everyone!!! I don't buy it. He "outlines" how he will do what he claims, but Congress isn't about to piss off the lobbyists that "feed" them. He will be a totally impotent president. No, not doing it.

Hillary will attempt to get quite a few things done and get SOME things done. I'm ok with that. Do I trust her 100%? No. I trust her more than Trump, Cruz, and Rubio. Oh goodness, Cruz's own mother called him a sociopath. Rubio is like a little bumbling college boy. Trump is the biggest nightmare of a candidate that this country has faced in a long time.

Trump will do us great harm.

I will vote for Hillary without a moment's hesitation. I will hope that all of her years in office will mean something when she begins to pull favors in Congress. I will hope that husband of hers still has power somewhere because it sure seems so. He is still accomplishing a lot in this world. I will hope that my vote keeps Trump out of office.

Actually, I live in California, sooo, my vote will be for Hillary whether I like it or not. :rolleyes:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1456954602|3998697 said:
I'm voting for Clinton.

I loved your post Monnie :wavey:

:wavey: Hi Callie, thanks!

I have to say, I appreciate everyone's posts on these threads lately. It's an important discussion and a great way to get a glimpse into what others are thinking whether or not I agree. As usual, I find myself learning so much from PS members. I often find myself nodding in agreement with posters simply because they offer their own experiences and backgrounds in reference to why they vote (or don't) and why they want to vote for their preferred candidate. It has been great to have political discussion allowed back to PS.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1456951873|3998678 said:

:lol: I'm sorry; that's not intentional (though ... :think: )

I have a friend with same name, and I always forget who has one "L" vs. two.

Gotcha. Very funny! :bigsmile:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will write someone else in. I don't care that Hillary is a woman. Trump I fully believe is going to get us into WWIII. JD is way more conservative than I, and even he won't vote for Trump. I'd vote John Taffer/Mike Rowe. Hell, I'd vote for my cat before I'd vote for either Hillary or Trump.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^What's your cat's name - I'll vote for your cat too :lol: ;-)

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1456964030|3998796 said:
Hell, I'd vote for my cat before I'd vote for either Hillary or Trump.

Oh good idea! Cats know they are royalty ... more reasons to buy some gems. :appl:

I am baffled anyone buys Chump's claims of being conservative ... especially with that hair! :nono:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Britta Rose. ;-)

JD said he's writing in himself. Maybe I'd do that instead. We need some tattooed take no shit kinda people in the White House, and I can balance his conservativeness out w/my more middle-ness. Everyday People. Britta can be the First Cat. Hmmm...I'd be awesome for animals and education!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1456950248|3998645 said:
I'll vote for Trump. He aligns more closely with me than Clinton (or any other dem) does.
:shhh: ..Don't say that on a liberal forum... :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1456950410|3998647 said:
Clinton is my lesser of 2 evils. I am hoping we are wrong about her.

But with Trump, I do not think so. IMO he will ruin this country. He is so arrogant now trying to get people to vote for him. Cannot even imagine how he will be if he wins.
IMO, Once he secure the GOP nomination he'll calm down.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="Maria D|

This year I will happily vote for Clinton if she's it and feel that she could win. I don't count Sanders out yet though. He's still got a ton of money and there are still many primaries to go. I would certainly vote for Sanders over Trump, Cruz or Rubio but I'm not as confident that he'd win.

So yeah, I'll vote for Clinton while breathing through both nostrils![/quote]

I have a better chance of becoming Prez. than Sanders... :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results