shape
carat
color
clarity

i want to know

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

devil6910

Rough_Rock
hi i wanted to know what is the name of the glue to make the phone out of diamond causei have the diamond and all but not the glue so can you help me out with that please ,thank you alot

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Huh? Im not sure I know what you are trying to ask...

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you mean you are going to stick diamonds to your phone and you don''t know which glue to buy?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2007 3:34:50 PM
Author: Maisie
Do you mean you are going to stick diamonds to your phone and you don''t know which glue to buy?
That''s the way I intepreted the post too which doesn''t make any sense.
33.gif
I hope devil will return to clarify what he/she is trying to do and needs.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phew! At least you know what she/he''s talking about. I also hope it''s not real diamonds.

Here''s a sort of related question. Do you worry about fingerprints on these crystals marring the bling? Can''t use an ultrasonic on this.
9.gif
How comfortable is it use hold the cellphone with all these tiny protrusions?

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I used to put swarovski crystals on my phone and used Gemtac glue.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s called E6000? I did it to my phone last year, it''s so cute! I think my thread was called "look what I did to my cellphone".

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hee hee yes i think the glue was E6000 like yours, monarch. i bought a 'package' off ebay that came with all the crystals and the glue and all that so i didn't have to actually go buy anything and i long ago tossed all the extra stuff.

i did this like 2 years ago, it was cool then but really so much anymore, and i felt like a dweeb with it for the last year, especially since they started to fall off after about a year or so....though they stayed on quite well for some time with the exception of a few falling off. but when i FINALLY got a new phone (i wanted to wait til sprint had a phone i actually liked the look of and features of since i keep them for a few years), it was looking really horrible hahaha. though seriously it was so funny, everyone that saw it was always like 'wow that is so cool' then i'd say 'oh it was cool then, but now all the crystals are falling off', it was like this odd cell phone script that happened like once a day.

also no it's not super comfy to have it studded but it was never painful. it was fun while it lasted but it was definitely the thing then and not quite so much now. my phone now is a super slim matte black samsung and i love the simplicty of it hehee.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
The company I worked for used industrial superglue.

Nightmare stuff, I stuck a gold dolphin to my finger and it took 2 hours to get it off. They banned me from coming down and playing with the bench stuff for weeks
38.gif

Be careful!

I wouldn''t advise it myself with real diamonds - the glue totally wrecks the sparkle. Why would you want to do that to a nice rock?
23.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Mara! Thankfully i just did part of the front of my phone which doesn''t really come into contact with anything and I''ve yet to lose a crystal. One of my friends did her Razr after I showed her my phone and she ended up taking all her crystals off because they were falling off as well, I don''t know what my trick was but i still love the look of my phone, it has just enough bling but not too much, I think. And Devil, definitely don''t use real diamonds....
9.gif

parkerj

Shiny_Rock
My teenage daughter glued some crazy crystals to her ipod- now it looks like it''s covered in fish eggs! ha.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hm, I never knew this was a craze!

My friend does golf ballmarkersn with the crystals (she was an LPGA golfer and a lot of women on the tour wear her markers). We help her a lot with packaging so one day she blinged out our phones. I chose light blue because that was what she had. I asked her only to do a little frame around the display, but she did a larger area than that! It's not the entire phone, or the front for that matter, but it was more than I thought she would do. Still, it looks really cute and a lot of people compliment it. I've dropped it on concrete and never lost a crystal.

However, after it was blinged, I hated whipping that thing out in front of business colleagues because it flat out looks unprofessional. A simple single line of crystals around the frame would have been fine, but she did a decent chunk of the front around the display!

ETA, I just saw Mara's old thread. LOL, that thing is seriously blinged out! Michael Jackson! Glad to hear you got a new, simple phone Mara. Ironically my crystals are the same color as the ones you chose, and the phone is a similar model. Mine only has the crystals inside the "spoon" outline that surrounds the display. Like I said, it doesn't look too over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results