shape
carat
color
clarity

I told Oprah about us - you should too

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
It''s wedding planning season and there is a spectacular group of gals called the LIW - Ladies In Waiting on pricescope.com. The forum is called ''Are We There Yet?'' These 60 women keep their names on a list and are each waiting for a proposal from their boyfriend in the near future. Some have received their engagement ring and still continue to post because it''s like a family who knows your secrets. When someone becomes engaged the post usually starts ''Cross Me Off the List - I''m Engaged!" What''s so great about these LIW is they pick each other up when the pressures get to be too much, they boost each other''s egos when the boyfriend agrees to go ring shopping, they exchange e-ring preferences, bridesmaid dress colors, pictures of themselves with their boyfriends, and stories on how the visit with the local jeweler went. They show genuine concern and give sincere advice when someone finds out maybe ''he'' didn''t think the relationship was as serious as ''she'' did. The LIW are such a tight group that we notice when one is unexplainably absent from posting. My boyfriend and I have been talking about marriage for a long time - 3 1/2 years. I first came to these ladies looking for advice on how to approach the issue of why he hasn''t proposed - which he still hasn''t. We are all women feeling like the whole world is pressuring us to get married and we''re the only ones it hasn''t happened to yet...until you meet the rest of the LIW. If I were to talk to my friends and family about how I feel not having been proposed to yet, they would just tell me to be patient and enjoy our time together. We the LIW feel we really understand each other - sometimes all you need is to be heard. However, this forum ensures we are not alone, that our feelings are valid, and it''s a great way to distract your otherwise obsessive desire for marriage. Check out the forum on Proposals, Weddings, and More.

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Erin, may I see that YOU ROCK GIRL! I couldn''t say it in a better way.
I really do feel we have our own talk show in here at PS! Love it it to bits!
To all the newley engaged couples - again Congratulations on your

And to all fellow LIW - we''re next
9.gif
... oh please "girl soon" (credit to Blueroses)

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome--I''m posting. :)

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Great post...but I don't know if you're going to get a show out of it- After all, Oprah is the poster child of staying single and clearly not waiting for a man to ask her to marry him LOL
(I didn't mean that as bad as it sounds b/c I totally understand) I never liked the name of the thread actually, bc it makes us sound like we're just sitting around pining away waiting and hoping the man will ask us to marry him (again, I know that's not the case and I don't mean that the way it sounds)...That's so not "Oprah"...But anyhoo...maybe she'll invite ya all on and buy everyone a diamond.
30.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sent to Oprah:

I wanted to add my voice for the Ladies in Waiting club! We are an internet community with a tight-knit support group. I really feel like we are a family! Support, advice, encouragement and cheers... you''ll find this in the LIW club, unconditionally. We come from all different lifestyles, geographical areas, and financial situations, but we have developed a bond so strong I am as emotionally invested in my girls'' lives as I am in my own. I know there have got to be thousands of girls nationwide just begging for a group like this to keep them sane in the "pre-e" (engagement) stage of life, and we want them to know we''re in the same situation, we feel your angst, and we can get through it better together! The LIW have become family to me, and I know we have sisters out there dying for a place they''ll feel at home. :)

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
I did it! I don''t always post a lot, and like recently I post a TON, but reading on here always helps me and makes me realize I am not alone. So we sure deserve to get on Oprah, lol!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
maybe she''ll invite ya all on and buy everyone a diamond.
30.gif

Or maybe she''ll invite us on the show for a 1/4 segment and we''ll all get to meet face to face!!!!!!!!!
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s sooo awesome, I hope you guys get on her show!! Good luck!!
36.gif
36.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
I''d love to meet my fellow LIW! That will be so awesome. Let me know.
36.gif

I will be flying home to visit my family in a month. But keep me posted.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2005 6
6.gif
6:47 PM
Author: Erin

Or maybe she''ll invite us on the show for a 1/4 segment and we''ll all get to meet face to face!!!!!!!!!
35.gif

... and THEN give us all a diamond!!
30.gif

lol, knowing our luck, the diamonds would all be donated by Zales.
20.gif
9.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/2/2005 7:19:12 PM
Author: goldengirl

6.gif

35.gif

30.gif

20.gif
9.gif
ROFL! Now that you''ve said that, she''ll read it and and that''s exactly what you''ll get.

Oprah,
She''s only playing.
31.gif

As soon as I finish cleaning the house, eat and have a clear mind, I''ll post. This is so cool! Imagine if we REALLY get on the show.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ERIN! what a cool idea... i''ll write them a nice letter later when i have some time to think about how to make it sound persuasive

that would be the coolest thing EVER if we got to go there
9.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Maybe she will bring Leon Mege on the show to make each of us a custom e-ring. I''m going to email right now too!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Here is my Oprah submission...

Hello! I''m another Lady In Waiting from Pricescope.com. I discovered PS and the LIW''s around Thanksgiving and let me tell you that has been one of the best things to happen to me. I felt so much better about my relationship status/lack of engagement status after finding this group of amazing women. My friends are single or have new boyfriends so they don''t understand how I can''t wait to start spending the rest of my life with the man I love, as his wife. For a group of women that I have never met in person, I feel extremely close to them. We all share tears and laughter for joys and sorrows, prayers when they are needed to ill family members, etc. Or if someone has a relationship problem or doubts about the future, we all provide insight, advice, and encouragement.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock

6.gif

35.gif

30.gif

20.gif
9.gif
Actually GG, I saw an Oprah show and she had those guys on who competed on who would make the best woman? Whatever it was called.. Never watched it.. Anyways, on the show this guy proposed to his girl and she plugged that he bought a "signature princess" from Blue Nile... So you may get from Blue Nile.........but picky as we all are on this board..that would be bad too LOL!

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
Wow, how cool!! I didn't know you could write to Oprah! What's the link?? I'll write her too. You girls feel like family now, I don't know how I could have survived the wait without you to commiserate with.

Edited to add: Duh. Thanks Erin, I don't know how I missed that big huge underlined piece of text you posted
20.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
i wrote to oprah too.. for a graduate perspective!! I sort of agree with Moremoremore about oprah being anti-LIW. Maybe we shoudl try Dr. Phil and he can tell us all how screwed up we are.. hahah. J/K. How bout montel? He had these random 10 or 12 women on once that have all been friends since college or something and still keep in touch and go on a trip together every year.. What makes them so special? We are much better.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Oprah might be anit-marriage, but I know that she is all for people making the best of their situation and bonding togther and helping others thruogh tough times. Maybe we can at least have a small article in the "O" magazine.

njc

Brilliant_Rock

Date: 2/2/2005 9:37
6.gif
5 PM
Author: fortheloveofdiamonds

30.gif

20.gif
9.gif
So you may get from Blue Nile.........but picky as we all are on this board..that would be bad too LOL!
A free diamond, is a free diamond, is a free diamond... kinda nice for those that were (like me!) and still are waiting due to finacial issues! Theres always room for the ever-popular UPGRADE when you have more money!
9.gif

We may have become diamond snobs, but i think i can speak for most (if not all) the graduates, that when it finally happens, you dont care what that diamond looks like! Remeber the "Hunk O' Granite" collection created by JCJD and Diamonds4Me with the duct tape and gum wrapper bands? Original LIW thread... page 27

gumwrapper%20copy.jpg
gumwrapring2.jpg

ACF6458dt.jpg

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Heheheeee....I like that little chart
1.gif
Its really funny! Guess I wasn''t here yet when that was posted the first time around! I hope I never get to the point where I''d settle for a ring out of duct tape!
3.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
This is so great Erin!! I would seriously have zero friends left if I hadn't found you guys to talk to and vent with! Even though I'm crazy busy with school and wedding planning right now, I still check in every once in a while to see who's engaged now! (Congrats b-girl, lovey, and jennyt!!!!!) And I know that if I have a problem with ANYTHING, I can come to you girls for advice and understanding, and at least one of you will have gone through the same thing! If I have some time later today or tomorrow, I'll send off another LIW letter to Oprah!

ETA: LOLOL!!!! I'm SOOOOOOOO glad we didn't hold out for the duct tape or gum wrapper setting njc!! I giggle everytime I see those pics!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2005 9:59:15 AM
Author: njc

Date: 2/2/2005 9:37
6.gif
5 PM
Author: fortheloveofdiamonds

30.gif

20.gif
9.gif
So you may get from Blue Nile.........but picky as we all are on this board..that would be bad too LOL!

A free diamond, is a free diamond, is a free diamond... kinda nice for those that were (like me!) and still are waiting due to finacial issues! Theres always room for the ever-popular UPGRADE when you have more money!

9.gif

We may have become diamond snobs, but i think i can speak for most (if not all) the graduates, that when it finally happens, you dont care what that diamond looks like! Remeber the ''Hunk O'' Granite'' collection created by JCJD and Diamonds4Me with the duct tape and gum wrapper bands? Original LIW thread... page 27

gumwrapper%20copy.jpg
gumwrapring2.jpg

Heehee
9.gif
That''s so funny.

I''m not really a LIW as far as getting the ring..I already have it..but I am a LIW in that I don''t know WHEN we''ll get married!! Maybe another five years??
6.gif
lol

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi there, Oprah! I''m yet another Lady In Waiting from the forum www.pricescope.com. I originally intended to do some research on diamonds as a hobby/future career, knowing in the back of my mind that the ultimate goal would be to find the best bang-for-the-buck for myself and my boyfriend whom I plan to marry once finances/timing/enormous families allow. I have always been a very independent woman, living in Europe for a time, remaining unmarried with no impending proposal in the very near future. I have since found a group of women (and some men), the LIWs, with whom I can share stories, photos, and progress on my life. I am getting to know each of them quite well, but due to geography, a meeting would be next to impossible. I would love an opportunity to gather these women all in one place, a chance to celebrate the friendships that can develop from one common bond - love and diamonds!

2.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Oprah, I would love to see a feature on the Ladies-In-Waiting (LIW) from the www.pricescope.com forum. I originally found the site while searching for info on how to buy diamonds, but what I walked away with was an entire support group! I am a “graduate” of the club, but the support and understanding I found among these woman (and occasionally men) was and is priceless. Before this board, I thought I was the only one, but soon discovered there were many others in my same situation. I have made such good friends that I continue to “hang out” with the ladies on a daily basis continuing to support them as they supported me. We all celebrate each other’s progress and help with each other’s problems/concerns (love, life, work and diamonds). And its just not the LIW, the whole forum is a friendly, helpful environment. I would never have stuck around so long without the warm embrace from everyone that frequents the boards. Please take the time to review the site and see for yourself!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Erin--and everyone--this is fantastic!!!! You know, Oprah''s whole theme this year is about making dreams come true....I don''t know, perhaps we could fall into that because we have all offered each other such camraderie and support while we wait for the dream of spending our lives with the men we love. (And so much about this forum is pro-active...finding a way to get what we need in terms of information, emotional perspective, etc. while we wait--not just a passive waiting/pining, in spite of the name!)

I''ll drop a line today or tomorrow for sure.

(And remember that Dr. Phil show he advertised for that someone posted a link for last month? It was a show about men who were afraid to propose--we would definitely fit on that show as well!!)

I''ve never been involved with an online support group like this, and I know the experience is new for other ladies as well.....it has been SUCH a godsend for me, and it would be incredible for us to be acknowledged and even get to meet each other!!!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
Erin, you rock! I''ll send a note to Oprah too! hmmmmmmmm. A nice RHR would sure be purty...

This forum is such a special place and is a great idea for the show. Oprah may not be in a any hurry to get married herself, but she is heavily into "spirit". Lots of that here.
1.gif

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies - I''ve only been gone a week and look at all I missed. I am so glad we have our own forum now, it will so much easier to catch up. I love the ''Oprah idea'' it would be great to meet everyone face to face on her show, who knows, maybe one of us graduates could get married on her show! I wanted to send her a message too but I am drawing a complete blank as to what to say AAARRRGGGHHHH! maybe tonight at home I won''t have a problem.
I missed you all this past week, I can''t wait to get home from work so I can try and catch up.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
rotflmao.... that duct tape ring gets me every time. LOLOLOL!!!!!
9.gif

hopefulheidi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/3/2005 12:38:59 AM
Author: MelissaSue
i wrote to oprah too.. for a graduate perspective!! I sort of agree with Moremoremore about oprah being anti-LIW. Maybe we shoudl try Dr. Phil and he can tell us all how screwed up we are.. hahah. J/K. How bout montel? He had these random 10 or 12 women on once that have all been friends since college or something and still keep in touch and go on a trip together every year.. What makes them so special? We are much better.
I''ve already contacted Dr. Phil if you can believe it! He''s been spending a lot of time in my town recently (Anywhere U.S.A ring a bell? That''s us!) so I figured I''d write in when they were asking for submissions about commitaphobes.
emotion-40.gif

I never honestly intended on dragging Nate to the show (what better way to get him to want to commit than to force him to appear on National Television to air all of our dirty laundry??). I think it was more of a way for me to vent and get out some of my pent up frustrations.

You can imagine how shocked I was when one of his producers actually left me a voicemail here at work wanting more information about us for one of their upcoming segments.
emsmileo.gif

Needless to say I was rude and didn''t return her call. It was a great validation for me though! If Dr. Phil''s staff thinks we''re worth talking to, maybe I''m right to be a bit annoyed by this procrastination.
emwink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results