shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I want to use White Flash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Hi, It looks like you''ve gottne great advice, but I have to ask- if the GOG replica posted on page 1 is pretty much exactly what you want and WF will make you sacrifice at least one element, why not talk to GOG?

As to your size questions, custom mounting are made to fit your stone exactly, pre-cast mounting are made to accomodate a small range of sizes. Your .78 should be fine in a mounting made for a .75, especially if your stone isn''t spready. 0.03 ct should be less than half a milimeter which isn''t much difference at all.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 2:28:45 PM
Author: mercoledi
Hi, It looks like you''ve gottne great advice, but I have to ask- if the GOG replica posted on page 1 is pretty much exactly what you want and WF will make you sacrifice at least one element, why not talk to GOG?

As to your size questions, custom mounting are made to fit your stone exactly, pre-cast mounting are made to accomodate a small range of sizes. Your .78 should be fine in a mounting made for a .75, especially if your stone isn''t spready. 0.03 ct should be less than half a milimeter which isn''t much difference at all.

I like the GOG one, and it''s still an option, however, there are some slight differences in it vs the one I posted. The V is curved and the surprise diamond is smaller. Tiny differences that really do make a difference.

The Knox one is absolutely perfect, if they can make it in platinum for a reasonable price. But I don''t see anything on their site about diamonds and assumed I would not buy it from them and then I found this:

==============================

Please note that the vast majority of our engagement rings are priced on our web site without the center diamond. This is done to facilitate comparison shopping by our customers.We do not stock these rings without the center diamond and therefore any ring ordered without the center diamond is considered a special order item.

Usually, all engagement rings pictured on our web site are in stock and available to ship same day as a complete ring. Please e-mail or call for center stone options.
==============================

So that sorta sucks. I would have to rule out WF completely because I don''t want to buy a setting and be stucked with it if I don''t like it because it was a "special order". Although, if I get it in platinum, I suppose it still would be anyway. That is so frustrating.
29.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I understand about the small details-admittedly I didn''t look at the images quite that closely!

That''s frustrating. Perhaps Knox would send you (or your appraiser) the WG setting to look at in person before submitting a special order? Then at least you could evaluate the quality of their work in person.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
WF is keeping up with this thread, apparently they didn''t realize how many suppliers were manufacturing this setting. So we are still working on it (Thank gawd! I don''t like Knox return policy!). By the way, I''m now going to tell everyone in the world about WF, their customer service is insane! LOVE IT!
9.gif

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
I knoooww... Insanely great! I''m so glad they''re looking into getting what you want!

I can''t wait for them to make our wedding bands in the next few months... woohoo!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
FYI, Knox quoted $2290.00.00 in platinum of the Enchantment ring, a little less than WF''s quote for customization.

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
Moonwater,

Never got the project rolling. My DH talked me into a kitchen remodel instead. The diamond is still in my jewelry box as the setting is unwearable. Maybe next fall...sigh....I keep changing my mind anyway.

I second that WF customer service is superb. They called me in about thirty minutes after my email to get more info for a quote and when I went with my mom to get a new stone and head for her ring they were great. I will try and comment tomorrow on the workmanship of the referbishment of her ring after we pick it up.

My first experience with WF has been very smooth so far

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 1:43:14 PM
Author: mrssalvo
moonwater, i think in the legacy pic, the gal moved the band so you could see both rings. I have tried on the legacy and although the wedding band doesn''t sit perfectly flush due to the suprise diamond, it is such a tiny gap, no one would no the difference. it didn''t bother me one bit, but it''s a personal thing..
Accidently came across the pic while searching for halo pics again:

PLLegacy142.jpg

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 6:43:57 PM
Author: ponderer
Moonwater,

Never got the project rolling. My DH talked me into a kitchen remodel instead. The diamond is still in my jewelry box as the setting is unwearable. Maybe next fall...sigh....I keep changing my mind anyway.

I second that WF customer service is superb. They called me in about thirty minutes after my email to get more info for a quote and when I went with my mom to get a new stone and head for her ring they were great. I will try and comment tomorrow on the workmanship of the referbishment of her ring after we pick it up.

My first experience with WF has been very smooth so far
Heck, if I were already married I would take a kitchen remodel over a setting for a loose diamond! Heck, I would amost take that now haha! Please do report back when you get a chance!

per the return policy I wouldnt expect whiteflash to just take back a custom order ring either, just because you werent happy with it. Obvoiusly with either one of them if they had real quality issues then they would have to either fix it, return your money or make you a new one.

Sorry I underestimated the Knox ring price
7.gif
I guess on further review I think looking at there Legacy prices and enchantment prices 2-2.1k would make alot of sense, but they seem to be overcharing you in my humble uneducated opinion. I say stick with WF, and hopefully they can make a ring closer to the one you want thant hey were orginally saying!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results