shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I want to use White Flash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 8:10:13 AM
Author: MoonWater

If you could find out more I would greatly appreciate it. I would LOVE to buy it from them and be satisfied because it''s beyond cheap on their site. But I''ve always been one to ask, ''why is it so cheap? what''s wrong with it?'' And thanks for telling me it doesn''t look cheap. I''m no expert, I suppose I was just comparing it to the pave I see at Tiffany, WF, and Ritani, but perhaps its simply a style thing, not quality thing. I need to look into their return policy.

Thanks so much for all of your comments!
Yes. If it sounds too good to be true....

what is your real fear?

If it is platinum 900+, and it is real diamonds and they are really H VS2 (maybe find out who said they were), then I would probably want

the cut information on the diamonds, they arent going to be ideal, but they may very well be good enough for this purpose.

and how they make the ring. I suspect that the reason the price is what it is is a resut of how they make it, which is probably by the bucket load rather than per ring
2.gif
but I know nothing at all about how rings are made. Ask them, and then find out what it means, and then ask them new questions about the process that you are sure to have. Find out what that method of manufactoring means about the hardness and durability of the metals, and then given the return policy it looks pretty risk free as they seem to check out pretty legitamitly in regards to legal issues.

Also, I dont see anything that makes me think it is a FANTASTIC deal. It is price very similarly to the WF option, except it has more total ct weight. Theirs has .44total ct weight and WF similar option has .34. However, that difference in cost is more than made up by the fact that all of WF diamonds are ACA diamonds, and anybody who has been shopping knows that Ideal cut H&A diamonsd carry a premium. Given the premium for the WF diamonds it look to be priced JUST RIGHT for a WF quality ring with less than H&A diamonds at .44ctw.

Rather than looking like a good deal to me, it looks like they just happen to produce the design that you said you liked, and because it is already part of their product line they are able to mass produce them and have all of the molds/etc prepared to do it, and so they are able to produce it at a reasonable price, just as WF is able to do with their Halo Bezel.

bassicaly, 1875 dollars looks to be the going rate for non major namebrand platinum rings with .34ctw of ideal cut diamonds or .44ctw of less than ideal cut diamonds.

That being said, why do you think it looks cheap? Is it the design you dont like? or maybe just a mind issue because you are feeling negatively towards the company?

also, as far as reviews and quality. They dont have too teribly many reviews. As you saw they used to be under a different name, I think it was affinity?, and using that name there was at least one pricescope member who you probably saw that was happy with her purchase.

In a general review using google there was mostly positive feedback. there were a few negative feed backs by people talking about diamodns who clearly knew nothing about diamonds, and then there were a couple of people who had problems with bent prongs. Most of the reviews were very positive and mentioned beautiful products, but it is possible that there quality control isnt as tight as WF. To combat that you might ask to speak with a manager, communicate your concerns to him and ask if they could take picture of the ring for you and have you confirm everythig yourself before they send it to you, or if the rings have already been made then before you pay for it.

but very importantly in regards to giving them yoru money, I havent read any reviews at all yet about people not being able to return there merchandise or anyone having a problem getting there money back. So make the purchase with a credit card with which you have some type of insurance or protection and you should have nothing at all to worry about.

In summary, I see few complaints about the products, but those complaints are minor and if WF is setting yoru diamond not really an issue. No reason to suspect at this point that there merchandise is of less quality than other options, only that the cut of the diamonds are not ideal allowing more CTW per dollar, but they offer the design you said you want so just make sure they are at least decent cuts. and as far as your money being secure, as you can see on there website, they have a very noteworthy reputation legally and online nobody has thrown any red flags in regards to fraud, theft, or poor customer service. The price is right inline with what one would expect, and certainly is not a "cheap" price as you seemed to think originally? (of course it is compared to big names and custom jobs). So looks like a go to me, if thats the design you want, and if there is some unforseen probably you should have no problem returning it.

And I just realized I was misspelling merchandise. lol, sorry. You know hot iw si online.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
with pave rings, you get what you pay for. Quality can really vary between bad and good pave. I''d stick with a reputable company that you know has a ton of great reviews and wonderful customer service.

Date: 8/30/2007 12:01:19 PM
Author: mrssalvo
with pave rings, you get what you pay for. Quality can really vary between bad and good pave. I''d stick with a reputable company that you know has a ton of great reviews and wonderful customer service.

what about this ring makes you think it is such a low price?

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
My real fear is the quality. I seriously look at those pictures and expect a diamond to fall out right before my eyes. I find it hard to believe that this company does quality pave work. If the pictures can't convinced me, I'm definitely worried about seeing it in person. I'm not a very delicate girl, very much a tomboy actually, and though I don't plan to be rough with the ring, I don't want to worry every time I go to do something. I checked bizrate and their positive reviews were in the 80% range, that's not good enough for a ring I plan to wear for the rest of my days. I don't want to upgrade later, I want to die with the ring on my finger and pass it down to children/grandchildren. Maybe that means I need to increase my budget? I have no idea, I'm waiting on word from WF. Everyone on this site makes me feel completely confident in their ability, I'm really hoping we can afford it.

And you're right, it really isn't that cheap. In fact, it now seems over price when comparing it to the quality I know I would get from WF. That really makes me not want to purchase it. Not to mention I think the band is too thick as well.

well, remember that is 80% out of about 19 total reviews. I cant help but think that in the past 3 months they have had more than 19 sales, and I know from personal experience people USUALLY post negative reviews online when something is wrong, but not so much for positive feedback.

So if you go through and look at the actual negative reviews you have THREE negative reviews.

1) one of them said that the prongs were dented. that wouldnt happen to you as they were would not be setting your center stone and if you run a search there are people who have had problems like that with WF and GOG as well. Obviously, any company can have problems, and this by a guy who said "now I am dobuting the center stone and am taking it to a professional"

So we know this reviewer doesnt use the proper term for an appraiser, meaning he probbably isnt particularly knoweledable, and we also know that before he saw dented prongs he had no doubts as to the validity of the diamond he purchase, making me think his opinions are not really worth listening to.

2) Tehre is some guy talkinga bout a diamond that he purchased and they didnt ship to him. He obviously knows nothign about diamonds as he was saying that therei s no way an SI2 can look dull, and it has also occured wth well known vendors on PS that someone might place an order, the vendor look at it and say (especially with lower tier labs) "this is not really an SI2, its an I1 and there are some major light performance problems caused by the inclusions, so we cant sell you this one", it happens, and it seems obvious that this particular review is ignorant and angry, and in addition to that the timeline that he mentions doesnt really mesh with what he says. Thus, his review, to me, is totally unreliable.

3) Again, we had another problem with a bent head or prongs, cant be sure which. Only two quality complaints found online, not bad and those were probably a result of setting which they would not be doing for you.

Obviously it is up to you and this is just entertaining to me, but I dont see anything in the pictures that looked to me like the diamonds are giong to pop out? and apart from two unreliable reviews and one bent prong review the reviews and legal issues seem very positive. I think it is DEF worth giving them a shot and finding out how they cast there rings etc, especially if WF doesnt have the deisgn that really speaks to you. I am just not seeing anything at all that looks like low quality to me, and no reason to think that WF is giong to be significantly superior to them. Anyway, I will stay out of it after this, but I think what you are seeing is just a result of computer enhancement and editing works or however they take there picture, because those puppies look pretty solidly in that ring to me. so if they have the design you love, then I REALLY think you should give it a chance, at least to find outmore about there quality and casting methods.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 12:09:09 PM
Author: WorkingHardforSmallRewards

I don''t know the company and have not seen the ring in person and I know giant pics do not necessarily tell the whole story, but based on the pic, the ring looks clunky to me, some uneven spacing between the prongs and tiny gaps between the stones and the metal in the halo. For the money, I personally would rather go with a company or designer that i''m 100% confident in. that''s just me though and how I''d choose to spend my money. It''s where branding and reputation has earned the premium they may charge.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Perhaps you''re right. But I''m severely hesitant, I would rather see it in person. It''s not just the 80% rating (even if it is only 19 reviews), it''s also that coupled with at least two people who returned their rings due to lack of quality and the fact that there is very little information over all about the company that I can find. Nothing I''ve read about them here on pricescope has me convinced. And trust me, I want to be convinced!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Moon, I wouldn''t go with them either, for all the obvious reasons.

Trust your gut, this is an important piece and a lot of money.
2.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 12:38:11 PM

Date: 8/30/2007 12:09:09 PM

I don''t know the company and have not seen the ring in person and I know giant pics do not necessarily tell the whole story, but based on the pic, the ring looks clunky to me, some uneven spacing between the prongs and tiny gaps between the stones and the metal in the halo. For the money, I personally would rather go with a company or designer that i''m 100% confident in. that''s just me though and how I''d choose to spend my money. It''s where branding and reputation has earned the premium they may charge.
This is what I was talking about when I said I thought a diamond would fall out!!!

Date: 8/30/2007 12:43:49 PM
Author: Ellen
Moon, I wouldn''t go with them either, for all the obvious reasons.

Trust your gut, this is an important piece and a lot of money.
2.gif

I guess I am confused, but what are the obvious reasons?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 12:44:52 PM

I guess I am confused, but what are the obvious reasons?
They are not "known" for their settings. They have no "really good" reputation.

The pics don't look so good. Now, pics CAN be deceiving, but I've never seen a bad pic from WF or GOG, LM, MM, etc., unless it was to point out something that went wrong.

There are some things in life worth taking a gamble on, an expensive pave ring just isn't one of them.
2.gif

I dont really care, I would just hate for her to pass up her favorite design because of false fears.

But, this is for my own sake, because when I look at those pictures they look great to me. what exactly am I missing that makes them look "not so good"?

I cant give these guys top notch ratings myself, but they told me themselves its because I was on the low end merch, so perhaps you would get better service, and they are well known here on PS. Anyway, Knox Jewelers has a Legacy ring for 14 in Platinum, perhaps they can change out the head and create one more like the one you are looking for and it might run close to 2k, probably a little over, but maybe they coudl pull it off? they do alot of custom work as well.

Legacy

but I just started looking for it on their site, they might have something more similar to it already set up too?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 12:56:13 PM

I dont really care, I would just hate for her to pass up her favorite design because of false fears.

But, this is for my own sake, because when I look at those pictures they look great to me. what exactly am I missing that makes them look ''not so good''?
Ok, you don''t really care. SHE does, and it''s her ring. Her money. Her sanity.

And mrss already pointed out what we see in the pics.

And we don''t know that these are "false fears".

Now, I''ve given her my opinion, and I''m done. I trust she will decide what''s best for her.
5.gif

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Amen sister.

obviously I care, but what I mean is that I keep defending adiamor, but of course I udnerstand and wont be offended and am know way personally invested in her making a decision despite all the pressure I keep putting towards her giong with them so I am just saying the obvious that I dont care if she doesnt go with them I just care if she misses on a beautiful design that really spoke to her, and I just havent seen anything that indicates she shouldnt find out more and talk to them a bit more thats all. and I am genuinly interested in knowing what it is that is wrong with the pictures, because I would love to learn how to be more critical of quality myself, and you all seem to be far superior to me. (and thats not sarcastic, if you say you see a problem then you must, but I dont so I would genuinly like to learn more about how to see it)

anyway, Knox has oen more similar to it, but not quite either called enchantment, but in WG its giong for 1200 already, so in platinum with an altered halo its probably giong to be way over budget.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Um...I''m just glacing, but this looks like the EXACT ring...no altering of the halo needed, just needs to be in plat.

Knox Enchantment

Also, the flaws in the picture were pointed out. I really do wonder about a company that can''t even make their photographs look decent (photoshop is widely available) so that lowers my confidence in their ability to build the ring.

I got my quote from WF and it''s very reasonable and not over budget at all. The only problem is that I would have to eliminate one of either two elements to make sure they do not do an exact replication. That sorta sucks considering multiple place have already produced copies. It''s not an exact replica of the Legacy, cuz it''s round!! Hahaha *pout*

Date: 8/30/2007 1:23:13 PM
Author: MoonWater
Um...I'm just glacing, but this looks like the EXACT ring...no altering of the halo needed, just needs to be in plat.

Knox Enchantment

Also, the flaws in the picture were pointed out. I really do wonder about a company that can't even make their photographs look decent (photoshop is widely available) so that lowers my confidence in their ability to build the ring.

I got my quote from WF and it's very reasonable and not over budget at all. The only problem is that I would have to eliminate one of either two elements to make sure they do not do an exact replication. That sorta sucks considering multiple place have already produced copies. It's not an exact replica of the Legacy, cuz it's round!! Hahaha *pout*

That is the exact ring you are looking for? If so you shoudl contact them and get a platinum price. Considering that the shank portion of the legacy looks pretty similar to my untrainted eyes, and the head probably consist of MORE platinum in the legacy I would speculate its probably going to be like 1.8 in platinum, but def worth a call to find out!

That is really exactly what you are looking for? I thought the halo was really different than the pictures you posted on p.1?

I guess I should have provided you the link originally, sorry about that and making you hunt it down, ill punish myself later for my rudeness
38.gif

I had soem customer service prblems from them, and they didnt fully stamp the P on my ring for PD 950, which has caused me problems.

Other than that my simple solitaire from them was pretty solid and quite beautiful, but much cheaper than yours, and I was kind of rushing them towards the end. I know they have alot of great reviews on here though. WF is surely great though I have no experience JQ has won my heart
30.gif
, if only I had more money to buy stuff from him, and I understand knox is great too, for higher end merchandise anyway. So either way should be fantastic. I would say it woudl come down to price difference, and if negligable then to exactly what changes they are talking about making.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
That''s basically what WF told me as well. I decided on changing the basket because I wanted my wedding band to sit flush with the ring, because the suprise diamonds stick out a little and would knock them with my band. I would forever be scared of chipping them, or bumping the bezel so much that it eventually would wear it thin.

Someone did point me in the direction of that legacy inspired Knox ring, but since I wanted it to sit flush, and because I''m about 10 minutes away from the WF offices, they just seemed a perfect choice for me.

Knox jewelers has had some pretty great reviews on here, I wouldn''t hesitate to do business with them either.

although... I''ll always be a loyal WF customer :razz:

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Oh no, I want the exact halo of the one I posted. I was trying to avoid the thick rim of the WF version. Thanks for directing me to them (and I had been to the site before, go figure). I know Knox is a favorite here so that puts me at ease. Then I can buy my diamond from WF and would be very happy it would be them setting it. I''ve been bombarding my bf with pictures and the info from WF. He''s at work, I think he''ll have a break down haha.

Ellen, you could not be more right about trusting your gut. I have some insane intuition and that site was scaring me to death.

well geez, if it came down between knox and adiamor I would never have even thought about adiamor despite my less than perfect knox experience. It was just the design difference that was making me feel strongly about giving them a chance.

so wait, let me get this right, I found your ring for you right!?
33.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 1:34:27 PM
Author: curiopotter
That''s basically what WF told me as well. I decided on changing the basket because I wanted my wedding band to sit flush with the ring, because the suprise diamonds stick out a little and would knock them with my band. I would forever be scared of chipping them, or bumping the bezel so much that it eventually would wear it thin.

Someone did point me in the direction of that legacy inspired Knox ring, but since I wanted it to sit flush, and because I''m about 10 minutes away from the WF offices, they just seemed a perfect choice for me.

Knox jewelers has had some pretty great reviews on here, I wouldn''t hesitate to do business with them either.

although... I''ll always be a loyal WF customer :razz:
Okay, heh, another snag. How far does the surprise diamond sit out? I know one woman here posted a pic of her Tiffany Legacy (huuuuge stone) with her wedding band and I hated how far apart they were from each other. That is actually the reason why I got over my love for it (but stil want it as a right hand ring with a pink sapphire muahaha, ahem). I prefer the flush look. Man, this ring thing is a rollercoaster ride, up down up down...

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 1:37:41 PM
well geez, if it came down between knox and adiamor I would never have even thought about adiamor despite my less than perfect knox experience. It was just the design difference that was making me feel strongly about giving them a chance.

so wait, let me get this right, I found your ring for you right!?
33.gif
Hahaha, yes you found my ring for me! I will make you vitual brownies! Of course I haven''t decided if I will buy it or not. My bf and I sorta like the idea of tweeking it to WF''s suggestions and the price is good for plat. Not to mention I will buy my stone from them so having them build the ring for the stone we''ve chosen would be good.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
moonwater, i think in the legacy pic, the gal moved the band so you could see both rings. I have tried on the legacy and although the wedding band doesn't sit perfectly flush due to the suprise diamond, it is such a tiny gap, no one would no the difference. it didn't bother me one bit, but it's a personal thing..

oh man, I had a real sense of accomplishment there for a minute
15.gif

also, if my experience meant anything, they will not tell you how far out the surprise diamond sits. But looking at the pictures it does look like the metal comes out a small bit, though I cant imagine it would be something bothersome, I really dont know about that at all though. Also, for the WF, you would be guranteed ACA diamonds. So if the price is truly competitive to the Knox option, then you should probably take it, but if you are looking to keep your total ring under 6k, then you might want to stick with the cheaper option. if the WF option is something like 2.5...and the knox was 1.8 (all made up figures at thsi point for me, let us know the knox price when you find out) then that 700 dollars would go along way to improving your Center stone, so dont loose sight of how important it is as well.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
ETA: reply to mrssalvo

OH! Well don't I feel foolish. I was wondering, because it doesn't appear to pretrude very much at all. Thank you so much for clarifying that. I think it's been about a year of me believing it would stick out that far!! (which in retrospect is sily since I just tried it on and it's obvious...but i was too busy drooling to remember to take note of that)

If you are talking about a 500-800 dollar price difference I think you should start looking at diamonds and find a diamond first. That way if you need that money to get the stone you want, you can pick the less expensive setting that will still make you happy, but if you can get a diamond you want and still have that money for the setting, then you can get the benefits of the small ACA in the custom from WF with that extra money? anyway, thats my official recommendation in order to get the overall most beautiful ring
9.gif

(however little my recommendation is worth) Anyway I need to go to sleep, so start the diamond hunt so I can help out (AKA nose my way in) the next time I get online.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Ha, I will keep you informed!

Here''s another question, the mount states that the recommended center stone size is .75, now what exactly does that mean? They don''t make it for a smaller/larger diamond? We all know that it can be hard to get an exact diamond size. What if its .78? How do they set it?!?! Or is the recommended size simply, "We think it looks best with this size"???

I can''t believe I went from an already set ring to this. I''ve read so many similar stories and was always happy that I was avoiding it. Hahaha..oh well. I think it will make me prouder and happier in the end to know we put more effort into it all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results