shape
carat
color
clarity

i think i found my setting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stacy4232

Rough_Rock
i had been thinking for months that i wanted a cushion-cut stone with a pave band. we''ve finally narrowed down our search for the stone and we think we found a great one. 1.4 F/SI1. i was holding out for a H or I with a larger spread - but when we went in and saw this one, i fell in love. anyway, so now my mind has turned towards settings. i love the simple and elegant look of the cushion cut with a thin pave band. but my BF really is into vintage/antique settings, and i have fallen in love with many of them too (thanks fellow PSers for pointing me towards so many great vintage and antique sites).

anyway, i think the setting in this picture will look just lovely with a cushion. very simple, elegant, and also feminine. any thoughts or opinions? i''m going to wait for another month or two to make the final decision b/c i don''t want to have any regrets!!

tulip shaped setting.jpg

TriciaKirk

Rough_Rock
Beautiful - I love it! You are wise not to rush the decision. Good luck!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is a pricescoper somewhere who bought that setting. I remember it looked really nice. I do think it''s wise to wait a little while to be 100% sure
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice! I love the antique look.

stacy4232

Rough_Rock
oooooh, i''d love to check out the other PSer with that setting. i did a search for "tulip-shaped" setting, because that is how the vendor that i got that picture from described it as, but came up with nothing.

my BF said he wants to use that picture as inspiration and use a custom jeweler to make it into "our own" - with some variations and additions. i''ll definitely post pictures as we move along through this process. it''s so fun!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here ya go! 0.81ct princess center

Here''s the link to the thread -

AER princess 0.81ct kleggett.jpg

stacy4232

Rough_Rock
that would have taken me days to find! thanks!!!!

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!!! Can the vendor send you photos with a cushion shaped stone in the setting so you can get a better idea of what it will look like? Congratulations!!!
30.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Stacy I love that setting! I have admired it before, so I commend you on a good choice
2.gif
9.gif
And I think it will look great with a cushion!!

stacy4232

Rough_Rock
that is very similar. i think that several vendors have similar takes on the same circa 1930s e-ring. they all appear slightly different, but with the same overall design. here''s a picture of the setting with a round stone.

setting with diamond.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results