shape
carat
color
clarity

i see lots of women wearing men size watches...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 9:06:53 PM
Author: lyra
DF!!! Now I find myself looking at possibly buying an oversized watch to try out.
31.gif
Doesn''t have to be expensive. I''m seeing measurements like 42mm and 24mm being called ''oversized''. Would anyone who posted a pic here of their watch mind telling me how big it is? I''m thinking maybe you all have tiny delicate wrists and arms maybe, because my 25mm Bulova does not by any means look oversized on my 6.5'' wrist.
34.gif

Hey lyra,
I measured just for you!
Mine is 42mm, and my wrist seems to be just under 6.5".
I think I''ve read that anything over 30mm is considered over-sized.

I wouldn''t say no to a new Cartier men''s Tourbillon watch at 46mm! The size may get a lil
getting used to, but I''d try though
41.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 9:09:50 AM
Author: gemgirl
I just loved the shape of this face-

I really like the shape of this one too GG, very elegant.
I like matching my polish with my ring, and than wearing contrasting accessories
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 1:32:18 PM
Author: upgrade
Date: 6/27/2009 11:40:12 AM

I aspire to a Tag ladies watch. That''s as big as I''d go because I only wear metal straps and anything larger would be too heavy and sweaty for me. I like the look of those large watches, but I can''t pull it off. It''s a mind issue.
3.gif

Me too... I like the look on others but I prefer to wear smaller watches myself. I rarely wear my ''regular'' watch because I find it heavy and uncomfortable on my scrawny wrist. I have a vintage Tissot that really small and dainty- that''s my fave to wear.

AJ- I have to say, your JM ring is my absolute favourite on PS! I would love to someday have something like that to call my own. So breathtakingly beautiful...
30.gif

aww..thankyou upgrade, that was very sweet of you to say.
For the look of it, it''s really not an overly expensive piece, you should look into one
1.gif

Megeve,
it''s actually an umbalite garnet - I can dig up the thread on it if you like.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I''m fortunate that I can wear DH''s watches because he''s has small wrists while I have chubby wrists.

Here is a shot me wearing one of his watches. I love oversized watches and it''s such a great way to buy him a gift while benefiting me
3.gif
and I''ve used this to my advantage on several occasions already.

DHrolex (500 x 375).jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2009 11:10:37 PM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 6/27/2009 9:06:53 PM
DF!!! Now I find myself looking at possibly buying an oversized watch to try out.
31.gif
Doesn''t have to be expensive. I''m seeing measurements like 42mm and 24mm being called ''oversized''. Would anyone who posted a pic here of their watch mind telling me how big it is? I''m thinking maybe you all have tiny delicate wrists and arms maybe, because my 25mm Bulova does not by any means look oversized on my 6.5'' wrist.
34.gif

Hey lyra,
I measured just for you!
Mine is 42mm, and my wrist seems to be just under 6.5''.
I think I''ve read that anything over 30mm is considered over-sized.

I wouldn''t say no to a new Cartier men''s Tourbillon watch at 46mm! The size may get a lil
getting used to, but I''d try though
41.gif
My red Skagen is 31 x 31 mm. My pink strapped stainless is 35 x 31 mm. My stainless Croton is 34 x 25 mm. I have a 6" wrist. I consider my watches big for me but I''m not a very big person.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2009 11:29:14 PM
Author: DiaDiva
I guess I''m fortunate that I can wear DH''s watches because he''s has small wrists while I have chubby wrists.

Here is a shot me wearing one of his watches. I love oversized watches and it''s such a great way to buy him a gift while benefiting me
3.gif
and I''ve used this to my advantage on several occasions already.
Hahaha!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i need a "girly" watch.
37.gif

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 8:37:42 AM
Author: thing2of2
I wouldn''t say it''s a new trend. I personally love big watches on women. I''m not super feminine and my men''s Rolex suits my style perfectly as well, Arjuna!
i wear a men''s small rolex and I love it!!! Its stainless and its perfect. I love big watches, I like bigger statement pieces of jewelry, and I don''t wear anything but my watch, pearl studs, and now ER on a daily basis, so I think it makes such a nice look.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I sometimes wear my DH''s Rolex, but my wrist is skinny, plus the watch is heavy! His Seiko kinetic is also heavy! Maybe he buys watches that are big and heavy so I don''t wear them!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
count me in-- I have always loved big watches. I always owned a big watch--back to my high school days with a g-shock watch (anyone remember those?
2.gif
I had a cool man''s one
1.gif
)
i will have to get some pics of my current watch --- i think there is one floating around in one of my threads.

Anywho--- i just wanted to pop in and say--- I love all your big watches
35.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
I love this look and almost all of my watches are pretty big. I have a few small, girly watches but I definately prefer the bigger ones!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
quicky pic!
It''s not as big as my old watch--- but its comfy and matches my pearl bracelet
4.gif

blinkydoll-3281.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The traditional ladies watch face is so tiny I have to press my nose to the glass to read it. I prefer the larger ladies watch but don't like the look of a man's watch on a lady though. It looks like her arm might fall off. Sorry to the ladies who love it.
2.gif
I have teeny tiny wrists so it doesn't take much for a watch to look huge on me.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 4:27:51 AM
Author: Lorelei
Yep, been fashionable for a while, for me I prefer a smaller size watch.
I agree! although my workout watch is HUGE!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I have been wearing a yg seiko mens watch for a couple of years. I also have a ladies DY I alternate. I love the mans watch but my girls give me a hard time about it ....hehheehhehehehehehehe!!! Oh well, I love it

oneandahalfrock

Shiny_Rock
This topic made me laugh-
My first thought went to my grandma, who always wore a men''s Rolex- she''s a taller lady, so it worked for her, and she said it was so much easier to read the numbers.
Seeing all these cool pics makes me want to get one of DH''s watches sized for me...
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results