shape
carat
color
clarity

i see lots of women wearing men size watches...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
is this a new trend nowadays?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It has been for awhile.

I have one. I can see the numbers better with my aging eyes.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 2:10:02 AM
Author:Dancing Fire
Comes and goes.The 1980s brought the look for woman to wear mens watches on strap like tank style or vintage round shapes(and mens signet rings)with the mens wear look.It re-appeared in the 1990s and has had its evolutions from tank style on strap to mid -size rolex style to famous models and actresses wearing full size gents heavy stainless diving watches.I like the look on the right woman with the right attitude.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 2:10:02 AM
Author:Dancing Fire
Yes apparently it is. Well so my FSIL keeps on telling me.

She sports this massively oversized Obama watch that her American penpal sent her for her 40th. It''s HUGE and very blingy, she loves to show it off and tells everyone that big oversized mens watches on ladies are in.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, been fashionable for a while, for me I prefer a smaller size watch.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
It''s been a trend since at least the mid-80''s, that I know of, plus mens watches have become ridiculously large much larger starting a few years ago. Women wearing men''s watches, I''m all for that. Watches bigger than the human wrist, not so much.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I love my big watch - nothing special, just a stainless Michael Kors with a leather band.
I''ve been wearing the larger man-style watches for about 6 years now, and this one for about 4.

I get many compliments on it (esp. from men, usually asking where to buy one, lol).

I will most likely buy a very similiar one for my next watch.

Of course, I would like to own a tiny delicate gold/diamond Cartier or Omega, but they look
so strange after wearing my big watch! and of course so exxy..
40.gif

This pic shows my watch - I realize the look is not for everyone, but it suits my general style well.
1.gif

DSC03671watch.JPG

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought my first oversized watch about six years ago, though mine are mid-sized compared to some I see today.
I can''t carry off the biggest ones because my wrist is too small, but I like the bigger size and I like colorful leather watch bands.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
AJ I have paged you!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t say it''s a new trend. I personally love big watches on women. I''m not super feminine and my men''s Rolex suits my style perfectly as well, Arjuna!

gfgdfgfgfgfssss.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 8:29:45 AM
Author: Maisie
AJ I have paged you!

and I have answered ma''am
9.gif
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 8:37:42 AM
Author: thing2of2
I wouldn''t say it''s a new trend. I personally love big watches on women. I''m not super feminine and my men''s Rolex suits my style perfectly as well, Arjuna!

Hey thing!
Yep, I know you and I have quite similiar tastes in fashion - I really dig your big watch, it looks super nice
with your pretty hands and ring btw!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 8:39:26 AM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 6/27/2009 8:29:45 AM
Author: Maisie
AJ I have paged you!

and I have answered ma''am
9.gif
35.gif
9.gif
Fank you very much Bruddah!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 8:41:29 AM

Hey thing!

Yep, I know you and I have quite similiar tastes in fashion - I really dig your big watch, it looks super nice

Thanks Arjuna! Our tastes are totally similar...similarly AWESOME!
9.gif

Your watch is great-I love men''s watches with leather straps...the idea of getting one has been in the back of my head for a while, but I''m not sure if I would wear it as much as my current watch.

And while we''re on the topic of your awesome taste, your James Meyer ring is SO GORGEOUS! I''m sure I commented in your SMTR thread but figured I''d tell you here! I want one desperately...once I''m done burning through money for my wedding I plan to start saving for a James Meyer beauty!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 8:52:48 AM
Date: 6/27/2009 8:41:29 AM

I wouldn't say it's a new trend. I personally love big watches on women. I'm not super feminine and my men's Rolex suits my style perfectly as well, Arjuna!

Hey thing!

Thanks Arjuna! Our tastes are totally similar...similarly AWESOME!
9.gif

Your watch is great-I love men's watches with leather straps...the idea of getting one has been in the back of my head for a while, but I'm not sure if I would wear it as much as my current watch.

And while we're on the topic of your awesome taste, your James Meyer ring is SO GORGEOUS! I'm sure I commented in your SMTR thread but figured I'd tell you here! I want one desperately...once I'm done burning through money for my wedding I plan to start saving for a James Meyer beauty!

ah, thankyou sweety, on both accounts. Similiarly awesome is right, rofl
41.gif

I don't get over to BWW much, congrats on the upcoming nuptials! I know you'll make a stunning (and stylish) bride
5.gif

You should def. go for a JM in the future, I'm really happy I got mine and hope to have him make something
else in the future.

If you do want to buy a leather strap watch, I can highly recommend the MK range - for a good price point, I've worn mine every day for ~4 yrs, and only had to change the batt. once earlier this year.

Do you have a dress yet? *off to look for Thing's wedding thread*...

ETA: of course you have a dress! I didn't know you were getting married so soon, I just went and checked out all your stuff. Your dress looks gorgeous on you Thing - and pockets! I have always thought I'd love pockets on my w-dress
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My watches are not famous or expensive brands, but I enjoy them for the fun of them. They''re not the biggest but neither is my wrist!

My winter holiday watch-

IMG_1527Skagen.JPG

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ, you can definitely use a watch with a pink band to coordinate with Pinky!

IMG_1529Summer.JPG

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just loved the shape of this face-

IMG_1532CrotonTourneau.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the big watch look plus like Linda, with my aging eyes I NEED one! I love everyone''s big watches.........beautiful!!

cmsnewwatch3.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I think that LARGE watches on women paired with delicate bling (and painted fingernails) is just the type of contrast I love.

It is like how I LOVE wearing my rings with jeans and a t-shirt. Perfect combo IMO.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
What gorgeous watches you gals are wearing!
3.gif
30.gif

AJ: Love the ring in your avatar, is that a pink tourmaline?
30.gif

Yah, I am in the big watches camp, here is mine...

ebands%20022.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous watches ladies!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I aspire to a Tag ladies watch. That''s as big as I''d go because I only wear metal straps and anything larger would be too heavy and sweaty for me. I like the look of those large watches, but I can''t pull it off. It''s a mind issue.
3.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2009 11:07:17 AM
Author: megeve
What gorgeous watches you gals are wearing!
3.gif
30.gif

AJ: Love the ring in your avatar, is that a pink tourmaline?
30.gif

Yah, I am in the big watches camp, here is mine...

ebands%20022.jpg
megeve
you had to shove that beautiful JLC at my face didn''t ya?
27.gif
36.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 12:24:47 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

megeve
you had to shove that beautiful JLC at my face didn''t ya?
27.gif
36.gif

Its good for your blood pressure!!!!
9.gif

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 11:40:12 AM
Author: lyra
I aspire to a Tag ladies watch. That''s as big as I''d go because I only wear metal straps and anything larger would be too heavy and sweaty for me. I like the look of those large watches, but I can''t pull it off. It''s a mind issue.
3.gif

Me too... I like the look on others but I prefer to wear smaller watches myself. I rarely wear my ''regular'' watch because I find it heavy and uncomfortable on my scrawny wrist. I have a vintage Tissot that really small and dainty- that''s my fave to wear.

AJ- I have to say, your JM ring is my absolute favourite on PS! I would love to someday have something like that to call my own. So breathtakingly beautiful...
30.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
The face on traditional women's watches is ridiculously small. I need to be able to see the time without my glasses so although my watch is a woman's watch the face is nice and large.

Mine isn't as pretty as all these posted!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF!!! Now I find myself looking at possibly buying an oversized watch to try out.
31.gif
Doesn''t have to be expensive. I''m seeing measurements like 42mm and 24mm being called "oversized". Would anyone who posted a pic here of their watch mind telling me how big it is? I''m thinking maybe you all have tiny delicate wrists and arms maybe, because my 25mm Bulova does not by any means look oversized on my 6.5" wrist.
34.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I got this Chopard not too long after getting my big RB [posted elsewhere]. They seem to work very well together - long painted nails and all!
9.gif
11.gif
9.gif
My old Rolex looks really teeny in comparison!

ETA Wrist is 5 7/8". Watch is 46mm x 35mm.

chopard dml.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this look, I have tiny hands, so can''t rock it. But my DD can. she was weaing this look in high school... I think it''s always been out there... I think PS''ers are ahead of trends per say.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results