Premium
Pre-torn jeans

High-end purses

Expensive hair or salon treatments

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, at $60/hour I'd clean my own house too! Or yours:lol:

I was exhausted and desperate. She came highly recommended. Several people I know have her clean weekly or more. That is a bit high for the area, but not by much :eek-2:. The thing is that I would have had her out for another 10-15 hours if she had actually cleaned.

At $60/hour, I might take a few side jobs! :lol:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Cabs. We live in the city and take buses and tubes most places. I get an uber about once a year and a proper cab maybe once every 5 years.

That's the only thing I can think of, everything else is as it comes. I prefer my own coffee so rarely buy coffee out, but sometimes I need to go out so I do. We don't eat out often, but I will. I don't get my hair cut often or wear make-up but I'll spend the £80 a year to get it cut and buy a new mascara each year. I think I'm an I'll-pay-for-anything-in-moderation person.

Grocery delivery every week. The delivery costs about £2 or you can get a saver pass at £60 per year. I sit in my PJs while drinking coffee and just go through ordering. I don't get the bargains, the these are about to go-offs and need to be sold, but I also don't throw random things into my cart. If it's not in my favourites I don't see it online so I'm not tempted by junk food. It means I don't drive through the city, a total pain, or have to unload while hoping the person whose parking space I "borrowed" because it's closer to my front door doesn't return while I'm unloading. It's click, pay, they're brought to the front door, and done. All for £2. Bargain! So many of our friends don't do online groceries even though they're also city dwellers but then they complain about either having to drag the kids out or hiring a sitter. I don't get it but whatever.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Cable TV
Costume jewelry (I buy only sterling or gold)
Purebred cats

Used to be bottled water also but then I moved to San Angelo....the water here is UGH!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
bottled water
when there is nothing wrong with what comes out of the tap for free via the local town supply
and often the bottled stuff just comes out of a tap at the bottling plant anyway

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
very similar,
# 1: definitely, any credit card fees/interests
# 2: rental car insurance
# 3: overdraft protection fee

I'd like to squeeze in a 4th hope that's okay, which is PMI (mortgage insurance), pay that off as fast as possible.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed with many others - mostly anything I can do myself!
  1. Hair dying & Manicures etc
  2. Gambling & lotto :snooty:
  3. Expensive designer goods, (I prefer vintage or op shopping).

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Good one @nala and I have similar answers…
Nails (do my own after a fungus!!!! Thankyouverymuch)
Housekeeper - do my own. We are empty nesters so it’s much easier now
Food delivery - I don’t know why but we pick up our own food here.

Same!

Nails- got an infection once, never again!
Housekeeper- Tried a few times but they didn't really deep clean and I ended up re-cleaning after them anyways. Ill just do it myself!
Food delivery- they don't pick the best produce! and the prices are marked-up!! Forget it.

I also dye my own hair and get inexpensive haircuts, because I have to wear my hair up every day at work anyways and just let it air dry.

Also, all our pets have been adopted from the shelter- there are so many animals that need homes and risk being put down, I really couldn't imagine buying one from a breeder.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got an add on...

Won't spend money on everyday clothes that have to be
- hand-washed,
- dry cleaned, or
- ironed

Ain't nobody got time for that!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got an add on...

Won't spend money on everyday clothes that have to be
- hand-washed,
- dry cleaned, or
- ironed

Ain't nobody got time for that!

I do but then I machine wash and spin it anyway!!! It's usually just scare tactics!!!! But not wool jumpers! Don't spin wool jumpers or they come out the size of your 4yo child.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nails - very scared of fungus!!!
Grocery delivery - so shoddy!!!
Make up - don't know how to use it! I do buy lippies though now and then.
Food delivery - I like to go and pick it up right when it's ready so it's super hot
Tutoring for my child - I do my own teaching. The tutoring industry here is like snake oil!!! There are good tutors but more bad than good. Plus I'm a control freak so I need to know exactly what's going on with my kid.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results