shape
carat
color
clarity

I purchased a 5 stone ring to go with my 1.76 solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE the look of the pair together! Congrats on a gorgeous ring!!!!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 6:05:27 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Jenn, I think you and I both need to have two sizes of bands! I like both looks a lot!

I''ll see if I can find a picture, beau.
No kidding, I''d love to have both a smaller eternity band and a LARGER one for different looks! Diamondseeker, your rings are just GORGEOUS. I had to go back today and admire your old posts today. You make me wish my ering set the stone up HIGHER!
3.gif
But after managing to BREAK my original ering stone (1.52ct princess cut set up high), my husband AND insurance agent agreed it might be a good idea to go with a little more protected setting (hence 6 prong---I know, I know, nothing unSAFE about 4 prong, but I have less chance of hitting diamond and more of hitting prong this way) and lower set this time........
28.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/7/2007 1:07:56 PM
Author: Jenn5504

Date: 9/6/2007 6:05:27 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Jenn, I think you and I both need to have two sizes of bands! I like both looks a lot!

I''ll see if I can find a picture, beau.
No kidding, I''d love to have both a smaller eternity band and a LARGER one for different looks! Diamondseeker, your rings are just GORGEOUS. I had to go back today and admire your old posts today. You make me wish my ering set the stone up HIGHER!
3.gif
But after managing to BREAK my original ering stone (1.52ct princess cut set up high), my husband AND insurance agent agreed it might be a good idea to go with a little more protected setting (hence 6 prong---I know, I know, nothing unSAFE about 4 prong, but I have less chance of hitting diamond and more of hitting prong this way) and lower set this time........
28.gif
Thank you, Jenn! If you looked back at my old posts, you probaby saw the first temp setting that I had that I hated! I reset it in a prettier 6 prong setting about 2 months later! I''d say it is medium height...not too high and not as low as it could go, either. The diamond band I have with 10 pointers is nice to wear alone, but I''d also like one with smaller stones that look more delicate next to the e-ring. I''m sort of looking at those for Christmas/anniversary.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 12:22:08 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 9/7/2007 11:16:58 AM
Author: woobug02
risingset.... YOUR SET IS BEAUTIFUL!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Yes it is.
3.gif

And so is the china teacup and saucer? or bowl and plate?, in the background.
2.gif
The plate is Royal Doulton Orchard Hill and the bowl is Wedgewood Kutani Crane
1.gif
Now that we have that settled
9.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to Woobug, Ellen and Nicki for their kind words and to Beau for putting up with my onslaught of pics in this thread
2.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Hey risingsun, I LOVE the pics...bring it on..I want more, you all have such lovely rings, I really hope when I get mine back in about 7-10 days that is looks decent, I already gave up on it looking spectacular, since I ended up settling for a setting (head) very different from what I initially asked for. I will post pics once it arrives though!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also wanted to thank RisingSun and Woobug for the compliments on my rings! I missed them earlier! This is a mutual admiration society because I love your rings, too!

Beau, I had a situation with my setting, too. When I simply couldn''t decide on a setting, I decided to go with a nice quality die-struck solitaire. I emphasized to the jeweler that I wanted a cupped shape head, not a straight V head. He opened the catalog so we could identify exactly the kind of heads I liked. When I went back to pick up the ring a couple of weeks later, it was set high in a V head!!! I told him there was a mistake, and he said that the one I wanted wouldn''t go with that shank, or some odd reason. I really wanted to wear the ring, so I just took it home rather than argue. So I immediately began looking for another solitaire. I found one at another jeweler and reset it. I like it a lot and will stick with it until I identify my true dream setting, if that day ever comes! haha!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results