shape
carat
color
clarity

I purchased a 5 stone ring to go with my 1.76 solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
The ring is similar to this one. It has .10 diamonds in it, for a total weight of .50 carats. Do you think that will be too big, or just right for a 1.76 round solitaire? Thanks

5 stone diamond band.jpg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i can''t comment on how it will look with your 1.76ct but i just wanted to say that''s a beautiful ring!!! i love the styling of it!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been shopping for a five stone band too, to celebrate my tenth wedding anniversary next spring. I started out by trying on rings with 10 pt stones, then 15 pt stones, then 20 pt stones and because I wanted the five stones to cover my ring finger from edge to edge (when I put my fingers together), my ring will be made with 30 pt stones.

I don''t know if it will bother you that five ten pointers won''t cover the top of your finger when you put your fingers together. I do know it''s a matter of taste and it depends on the size of your ring finger. I''m just letting you know what I''ve found out along the way while shopping for the same basic ring. My wedding ring finger is a size 6 1/4.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
This is a pic (not very good), but it shows that the ring does cover alot of the finger. It''s a size 6. I got it for about $300 which I thought was a good deal for such clear, bright diamonds. I don''t think having only 5 diamonds will bother me, I was just wondering if the 10 pointers will be enough or maybe too much for the size of diamond I have? Thanks

my new diamond band is the bottom ring (2).jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I have a five stone ring with 20 pointers. My center stone is 1.234 ct. It may not the prevailing style on this forum, but I love the presence of my wedding set. The reactions from those who have seen it have been to take my hand and show it to everyone in the room
31.gif
Excuse the shameless bragging
17.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been wondering the exact same thing! Please show pics when your e-ring is done. I have a 1.75 RB too, and I want to know what would look best with it. (can''t show pics or talk about it yet--don''t ask
7.gif
) I was favouring the tiffany look which is 9 stone, or a 7 stone 7 pointers.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Do U have pics risingsun? Thanks

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I''ll post a couple for you...

015 two ring up 2.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Hope this helps
1.gif
If I want to wear my wring alone, I have plenty of finger coverage--size 4.5. Together, they sparkle like crazy. I tried on the settings with the very small melee and just liked this better on my hand. I guess I'm just a bling girl
10.gif

two rings.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 7:37:39 PM
Author: risingsun
Hope this helps
1.gif
Helps?? How could it help, with ALL that bling, I can''t see a thing!
11.gif

9.gif
25.gif
2.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 7:39:47 PM
Author: Ellen

Hope this helps
1.gif
11.gif

9.gif
25.gif
2.gif
Don''t you be talking to me about bling, missy!! Your avatar has burned the retinas right out of my eyeballs
3.gif
9.gif
11.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 7:44:46 PM

Date: 9/5/2007 7:39:47 PM
Author: Ellen

Hope this helps
1.gif
11.gif

9.gif
25.gif
2.gif
Don''t you be talking to me about bling, missy!! Your avatar has burned the retinas right out of my eyeballs
3.gif
9.gif
11.gif
lol.gif

ok

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a 7 stone band of 10-11 pointers with a 1.63 ct. diamond. It''ll certainly be fine with a 1.76.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooo, risingsun, I like your bling! Very nice.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beau, very pretty ring; I can''t wait to see it on your finger with your ering.

Risingsun; your set is awesome!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/6/2007 1:11:19 AM
Author: marcyc
Beau, very pretty ring; I can''t wait to see it on your finger with your ering.

Risingsun; your set is awesome!
Ditto!
9.gif
36.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Do you have pics of your set Diamondseeker? Risingsun...WOW, what a set! I love it. The center stone looks much bigger than what you stated! Maybe I should have gone for diamonds, diamonds and more diamonds, rather than just gold!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 4:52:50 AM
Author: beau13
Do you have pics of your set Diamondseeker? Risingsun...WOW, what a set! I love it. The center stone looks much bigger than what you stated! Maybe I should have gone for diamonds, diamonds and more diamonds, rather than just gold!
Thank you gemgirl, marcyc, monnie and beau
1.gif
Enjoy your five stone band! It will be beautiful. And don't forget to think bling
10.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i thnk it will be perfect....PICTURES!!!!!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I will post pics Woobug, as soon as I get my solitaire back. It''s been 2 MONTHS since I paid for it, and haven''t been able to wear it. I dropped it off at the jewelry store this past Saturday, and the jeweler still hasn''t even received the head for the daimond (5 days now), then it has to be shipped out, worked on, shipped back...I can''t believe what a nightmare the whole process has been. I just want the damn ring on my finger by Christmas, if that''s not too difficult to ask. He thinks I''m being impatient, HELLO?? I had it on my finger for 2 days, when a prong broke, it got shipped out for 2 weeks to be reset. Came back looking AWFUL, wore it for two more days, then shipped out once again for work on it. Long story short, some incompetant benchman has had my ring more often than I care to admit, and is it really so diffiuclult to mount a diamond in a basice four prong head, on a basic cathedral? You''d think I was having a spectacular custom piece made judging by the amount of time wasted waiting for it! (sorry ladies for venting, it''s just VERY frustrating, when your Birthday passes, then your anniversary, then family reunions, vacations, and NOBODY has seen my ring, they must think It''s imaginary!!) I will take pics of the two rings together if I receive the rings sometime before my vision gets so bad, that I can''t see the computer screen anymore (not getting any younger waiting!!)

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Your new 5 stone ring is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I love it. As for how it will go with your 1.76 solitaire----it''ll go GREAT. You know, I feel like my 7 pointer eternity band overpowers my 1.59ct solitaire, but it''s not that it overpowers it, I think I just decided a little too late that maybe I personally would have preferred a more dainty eternity band. But then I see rings like your new band, and like risingsun''s set and I LOVE that look! Ugh, I''m just indecisive.......I honestly think that band is going to look AWESOME with a 1.76ct solitaire. I can''t wait to see it all together!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jenn, I think you and I both need to have two sizes of bands! I like both looks a lot!

I''ll see if I can find a picture, beau.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, not the greatest, but.....

New Rings a.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little more distance...

New Rings 063f.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Diamondseeker: I love your wedding set
30.gif

Beau: I can''t believe what a terrible time you''ve been having to get your ring on your finger! It just shouldn''t be that difficult to set your stone. Here''s hoping you have it well before Christmas. Good grief
6.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! I love your set!!! LOOKS PERFECT TO ME :)

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Beau~I'm attaching two more pics, which show the rings from a distance, to offer a better perspective...

003 rings distant.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
That''s all...

005 rings distant 2.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
risingset.... YOUR SET IS BEAUTIFUL!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 11:16:58 AM
Author: woobug02
risingset.... YOUR SET IS BEAUTIFUL!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Yes it is.
3.gif

And so is the china teacup and saucer? or bowl and plate?, in the background.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results