shape
carat
color
clarity

I need advice!!!

I agree, option #2, to me it looks cleaner, and more beautiful! But if you like the curved one I''d say go for it! They are both beautiful
26.gif

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
I like it with the plain band. Has a very classic look to it and accentuates the e-ring more. I don''t really like curved bands though...there are times it is nice to just wear a band all on its own and curved ones tend to look a tad funny.

I hope you can get the problems with the ring sorted out - it really is a very beautiful ring!

Good luck.

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Hun. I''m so sorry this has happened. I hope you get good news from the company about the setting. Just hang in there we all know you can and things will get fixed to how you want them.

As for the bands. I really like the solid band, it would be gorgeous, as will your ering when it''s finally done. That''s how you have to think about it, it''s just not done yet. That''s not your ering, that''s just a point in the process. I know it shouldn''t have to be, but it is sometimes. Keep your chin up.

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much. I think I may use my grandpas wedding band as my own regardless what happens with my e-ring.

I appreciate all of the support from all of you! Thank you

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
I agree I like the plain band. Your ering setting is beautiful and so detailed. Let that be focused on.

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! So, I drove to windsor, ca yesterday and got lost twice trying to find the jewelery design place. It took me an hour and a half to get there when it only should have taken 35 minutes....

I found it. The gal met me outside with a warm smile and a handshake. I went in and this place was so classsy. Everything was beatiful. I felt so much better. I was introduced to both of them men who run the place. They were so reassuring. He looked at my ring and saw what I saw. Which made me feel better in a way. He told me that the center stone was set off kilter, the baguettes were crooked, the thing i thought was a slice in the ring, was actually a crack caused when the last jeweler sized it. He also noticed that there was a seam where it was sized incorrectly. He also made note that the parts holding the baguettes in werer sloppy as well. He told me he would make it look like it is supposed to and happlily took the picture as a guide. I told him I was worried that it would look like frankin-ring (frankinstein) lol. He said not to worry and that it wouldnt look repaired at all, but it would look RIGHT and perfect. I am so happy and I feel so much better about leaving it this time. I am not going to get my hopes up too high yet.

here is what the plan is...

fix prongs, reset the center diamond
reset the baguiettes and fit the smooshed areas
resize and fix the seam
fix the crack...

I think this is everything.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you found a place to get your ring fixed! Will they ship it to you, or do you have to pick it up? I''m keeping my fingers crossed that they''ll do an amazing job, and I can''t wait to hear/see how it turns out! Please post pics when you get it back!

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
We are going to go and pick it up on saturday! Thank you! im crossing mine too! I will post everything on sat!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I like it with a plain straight band or a skinny eternity band

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2010 4:36:49 PM
Author: soon2be_mrs.green
We are going to go and pick it up on saturday! Thank you! im crossing mine too! I will post everything on sat!

yay! I can''t wait to see the fixed ring :) it is a beautiful setting

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the straight band. Then you can always wear it alone if you want to.

So sorry about all the stone setting drama, I hope that it''s taken care of now!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
grandpa''s ring for sure..............

legra

Brilliant_Rock
So glad you were able to take the ring to the original designer/jewelry company and have it taken care of - sounds like they know what they are doing and will make the ring look as it should. It is a very pretty setting. Please post pictures once it''s fixed. Congratulations and hopefully you will soon have your dream ring on your hand!
1.gif

lweber

Shiny_Rock
You really have had a tough time!! Sorry for your misadventures. Jewelry should bring joy, not apprehension. It surely sounds like you found a reputable jeweler to work with, so I hope all goes well for you.

Definitely option 2 if you want sparkles, but grandpa''s band looks terrific, too. I don''t really like curved bands unless you wear two of them... just my opinion.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
glad they can fix it!

I love it with your grandpa''s band!

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
So they called me and told me that it was done. I guy I talked to on the phone was there on saturday when I dropped it off... I told him who I was, and he said he didnt remember cause he wasnt there on saturday.... I started to feel werid about it... Then he all of a sudden remeberered who I was. He said he would go look at the ring cause i told him I was worried that it looked like frankin-ring.... so he went and looked and said, ya, it looks eh, good.

I hope it really does and he is just cocky.
wish me luck

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
So, tomorrow is the day.... I am so worried about it... I told my boyfriend that if it isnt right then i cant have someone trying to fix it again. It can only go downhill from there. We decided that if it doesnt look right that we will ask the jeweler if he will buy the setting from us with the side stones and take out our solitaire so we can put it in something else. I just dont know what to think. Ill post as soon as I get home tomorrow! Wish me luck

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! The ring turned out great. Everything has been fixed! Ill post pictures!

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
Heres one, more to follow

IMGP1822.JPG

suzannea

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love your ring- so beautiful. I am so glad someone was able to help you get it right. I also love the straight detailed band or the plain (grandpa''s band). Sometimes you may want to wear just your wedding band and a curved band can''t be worn alone. best wishes!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
So glad to hear it all worked out! Congrats to you and best wishes on the soon to be engagement!

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I appreciate all of the advice on the wedding band choices... My jeweler mentions something that got me to thinking.... Due to the fact that there is a lot of design on the side of the e-ring, it would be best to have my wedding band soldered to it... I also dont think i will ever want to wear my band alone... So despite the feedback about the curved band, My jeweler made a valid point about the band rubbing back and forth against the band. I do like the straight band, but i think it might be hard to solder it to a curved band... I just dont know. I am checking on whether or not the band I want even comes in a curved version. if not, straight it is and I guess I can make due with it rubbing.

Does anyone have a curved ring with a straight band soldered to it???

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad it all worked out, and your ring is beautiful!!

Congratulations
1.gif

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi there, I also have baguettes as sidestones and I wear a straight band. Due to the baguettes, there is actually a gap inbetween the e-ring and band so it only really rubs on the basket a little. But there are no signs of wear. Personally, I like the gap. If you do a curved band and solder it, isn''t that going to hide the lovely detail in your e-ring?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad you were able to get your ring fixed! Many times they have to make a new ring altogether so you were really fortunate! It is beautiful! I don''t think you would have a problem with the plan band rubbing
and damaging a lot. I personally wouldn''t solder them together. Things change over the course of your life and you may change your mind and then taking them apart will surely damage your beautiful ring.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad that your ring is fixed and exactly what you wanted :) you must be thrilled!

I don''t like rings soldered together - too inflexible for many people''s lives

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2010 1:30:34 AM
Hi everyone! I appreciate all of the advice on the wedding band choices... My jeweler mentions something that got me to thinking.... Due to the fact that there is a lot of design on the side of the e-ring, it would be best to have my wedding band soldered to it... I also dont think i will ever want to wear my band alone... So despite the feedback about the curved band, My jeweler made a valid point about the band rubbing back and forth against the band. I do like the straight band, but i think it might be hard to solder it to a curved band... I just dont know. I am checking on whether or not the band I want even comes in a curved version. if not, straight it is and I guess I can make due with it rubbing.

Does anyone have a curved ring with a straight band soldered to it???

I am so glad you got your ring fixed...it looks beautiful!

Alright...here is my thinking. I would not solder my bands together. Jewelers often do promote soldering for the rubbing issues but when it comes to wearing them...I just prefer the flexibility. Even if you don''t think you would ever wear your band alone right now...there might be times you end up wanting the option (i.e. while traveling to certain places where there might be a theft risk, while taking up a new hobby where your ring would be at risk, if you have children and worry about scratching the babies as you change diapers and such, etc). You can always get a plain band for these uses...but many prefer to wear their actual wedding band.

Soldered rings are also a tad more difficult to get on and off (wider) so if you have issues with swollen fingers/knuckles now (or down the road with pregnancy, illness, etc) this may be a concern - of course you can get the solder removed..but just something to think about as removing the solder would mean having to make other repairs to fix details on the ring and such.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2010 12:17:21 AM
So, here is my question, what do you all think about the straight band with it? It of course is not my actual wedding band (my grandpas ring) but I wanted to see what it would look like. I was thinking a straight band or maybe something curved.

So?

:)
I''m not loving your grandpas ring with your ering (sorry grandpa). To me, its to wide for your ering and the difference between
the two (very intricate ering vs very classic metal band) are very distracting. I would like one of the other bands with it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results