shape
carat
color
clarity

I need advice!!!

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
Hi there. My enagement ring just got finished, but the jeweler isnt open on weekends, so we are unsure when we can pick it up. We have asked them if we can pick it up on a saturday, but they do not like the idea. The problem is that they are in a different town than we are. Not too far away, but they close at 5 pm, mon-fri. which is the same time my fiance and I get off work. It takes roughly 40 mins to get there, but they are not helpful with us trying to pick my ring up.
7.gif

I havent even been able to see my ring! One of my other problems is that when i droped it off, I was told that it would be done on wed morning. Which was great, they said they would call us if anything wasnt on schedule. So wed came and went with no call. So we called thurs morning. They said that they needed to order the center stone for the solitaire setting.... The problem was I gave them my .60 ct. vs2 I color diamond along with the ring when i dropped it off! You can imagine how I felt, my heart sank and I was instantly mad. Had they REALLY lost it!!!! Then they proceded to tell me that they had the diamond, but they needed to order the head for the solitaire... This was also a major problem because the ring I dropped off didnt need a head. It is a crown setting, so the head is already there. I wanted to cry. The gal told me she would call me back. The owner called back within 10 minutes and apologized. Said he had my diamond and ring there. He hadnt even started on my ring!He could have at least had it sized by now I would think. They said it would be done friday morning. So friday came, no call. We called friday night and they said he was just now finishing up. I couldnt believe it. So we asked about picking it up sat. They said no, they werent open on sat. I would think for putting us through this bs that they would want to make us happy and open for a wopping 10 minutes on a sat. But no.

So, besides the nerve wracking week, I now I have a opinion question for anyone who wants to give...

My ring is very unique, and I am having a hard time finding a band to fit with it. I sould be able to post a picture AS SOON AS I CAN GET IT.
7.gif
But I also wanted to vent about my ordeal. I am so scared that it wont look how I want it to. I even took a picture to him blown up so he wouldnt have any guess work to do. But he insisted that he didnt need the picture.

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
This is what it is supposed to look like..... Ill post my real ring when I get it.....
Sorry its so blurry.

pic10978.jpg

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
Side view of what it should look like...

pic9856.jpg

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
I guess no one found my post.
7.gif
well, I am reply to my own in case anyone breezes by it.
My fiance (almost) and myself are going tomorrow at lunch to pick up my ring! My boss told me I could be late coming back from lunch... So we took the opportunity in a heartbeat! Here is a tid bit of my pathetic self.... I have actually had two dreams about my ring since we dropped it off... Both times the ring was a disaster! I hope I am worried for nothing and it looks beautiful. Ill post it when I get it home... :)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful! Can''t wait to see your ring and hope all goes well picking it up!!!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi there, I just saw your thread. What an ordeal! I almost think the ring wasn''t done on Friday which is why they didn''t want to make an arrangement for you to pick it up on Saturday. Do you have paperwork on your diamond so that you can have an appraiser look at it when you get your ring to be sure that is your diamond in the setting? Hopefully, it was all just a mixup. But I (like you) would have been stressed out too. Well tomorrow is the day! I hope it comes out perfect! Post pics when you have them!!! BTW, it is a lovely setting.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry you''ve had a rough experience with your jeweler.. I''m glad that you get to pick up your ring tomorrow!
you must be soo excited :)

I hope that it is exactly like you wanted (which is very pretty!) - come back and show us photos when you get it :)

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
Hi there! That is what I was worried about... I have a GIA certificate and my diamond has a laser engraved serial number on it. phew. lol. I am so excited to get it tomorrow. Thank you both so much! We found this ring months ago and it was expensive, too expensive . I told my boyfriend I couldnt let him spend that much money on it right now. (we are both young im 20 and he is 24) So i searched and searched for something else that we both would like, but we both came back to this setting. I was online browsing one day and I found the same setting! crazy I know. We bought it then seached for the diamond. We saved thousands doing it this way. I am so happy I have the love of my life and my dream ring too.
Ill post pictures tomorrow night!

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations for finding both loves of your life (man and ring). I know it''s frustrating, but I''m sure it will be worth the wait. Since you are going tomorrow, do you get to take it home on your finger?

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
Thank you! He has his own idea on when he wants to ask me... So i get to try it on to take pictures, then he gets it back... And the waiting continues. lol

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
So, we picked up the ring today. I am disappointed in the quality of the work. Some of the parts look...eh...smooshed? There is also a slice taken out of part of the milgrain by the baguette and i can see where he sized it. Also I can see some other small things wrong with the side of the ring. I think there is some sauder in part of it.
7.gif
So i am taking it somewhere else and they are going to use the picture I give them to fix it...hopefully. Other than those issues, I am happy with it. I just wish the quality of workmanship was better.
7.gif
7.gif

IMGP1792.JPG

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
here is one more... the part that bis messed up is by the solitaire, it is holder the larger part of the baguette in... It is supposed to be square like a step, but it is smooshed.
7.gif

IMGP1798.JPG

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that.
39.gif

THis is supposed to be such a happy moment for you. Are you confident in who you are having rework the ring for you? Otherwise, I am sure that some PS''ers can give you some recommendations. So sorry again.

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
here is the setting... maybe this will make sense about what im talking about... I put red circles on it...lol

S7047.jpg

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh no, I''m sorry it''s not perfect. Did you tell the jeweler that you want this fixed?

What metal is it? Shouldn''t WG or platinum be strong enough not to get smooshed?

Sorry, I hope the new jeweler can fix it!

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
I totally agree, smooshed should not be in the description of it. its 14k white gold. but it looks like something whent horribly wrong when he had it. With the slices and all. I dont want him to touch it again for fear of making it worse. I am taking it to someone else who can fix what is screwed up. Its hard to see what I am complainig about in the pictures....
7.gif
i should probably just shut up and deal with it, but i want it to be perfect.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about the problems with your ring. You deserve to have it perfect and it''s is natural to be upset and disappointed when it is not. I hope it can be fixed as you should be enjoying this moment, not having anxiety.
32.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
it''s a very pretty setting and I''m sorry your expectations were not met - how disappointing. Good luck getting it fixed!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I''m so sorry about your ring - I know that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach! Any kind of metal can get damaged, so your 14K is not the issue at all. I truly hope you can find a skilled bench to fix the botched job. Have you run any searches here for reputable jewelers in your area? And, it makes me so mad that your guy wouldn''t even look at your photo - totally presumptuous on his part!

I do want to say that it''s a gorgeous ring though, and I love all the engraving and milgrain.

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
Unfortunatly, I only have two jewelers in my town and one of them is a self centered jerk and the other is well, I dont think he would want to help because I saw the same ring in his shop, but we didnt buy from him due to his cost. I dont know what we should do. My boyfriend seems to think that the ring is not top quality, I am starting to agree... I dont know If I should take out my center stone and sell the rest of it and buy a different setting or try to fix this one. This sucks. Any advice? I just want something that I will be happy with. I put up such a big fuss to get this ring and I am so disappointed now that I dont even know if this setting was worth it or worth fixing it.
7.gif
7.gif
I just dont know. I love my fiance (soon to be) and I just want to be happy with the ring and I dont want to be a prude about this one. Advice??

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Is there a return policy on the setting? Obviously, if the workmanship is bad then that is not what you paid for. Also, is this a designer (name brand) ring that this jeweler was just supposed to set your diamond in? Or was this custom? Because it almost sounds like he took a setting in his case and made a bunch of modifications to it i.e. sizing, bar deformation in order to get your diamond in. If it is from a designer you may want to find out if they have a return policy or a guarantee of some sort. I''m sure they would not be happy with their setting looking not quite right too.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
if it is a designer setting, then the jeweler should have ordered you the appropriate head size to accommodate your center stone size as well as your finger size.

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I came to the conclusion that I do love this setting and if it werent for the crappy work, I would be thrilled. So, I am intouch with the company I bought the setting from and told them what happened, I am waiting for a reply back. I know I will probably have to pay for another one, But hopefully they will feel sorry and maybe give me a little discount.
7.gif
I also wore my ring for a little while today just to look at it... Its too big! after I paid to have it sized, the damn thing is too big. anyways, I will keep posting...

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
So, here is my question, what do you all think about the straight band with it? It of course is not my actual wedding band (my grandpas ring) but I wanted to see what it would look like. I was thinking a straight band or maybe something curved.

So?

:)

IMGP1805.JPG

soon2be_mrs.green

Rough_Rock
I may want to use my grandpas ring as my band, but i thought i would post the other two considerations. :)

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I really like it with a plain, straight band!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I like the plain band and option #2. I don''t care personally for curved bands because you can''t wear them on their own or with other stackers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results