shape
carat
color
clarity

I miss my ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s been out sick since Saturday (re-plating). And I''m really really missing it. This is the first time since I got it... god, 5 years ago that it''s been out of my possession for longer than it takes for a jeweler to check it''s prongs (has been fine ALL these years), or clean it for me.

Fortunately, John picked it up for me today and it''s waiting for me at home.

AND GUESS WHAT???

I FINALLY borrowed my parent''s digital camera. SO... as the re-set has yet again been pushed out, I think that either this week or weekend (if the weather is good) I will take some nice pics of my ring to post on here.

I only have an hour and half to go before I get my ring back... and I''m seriously staring at that clock willing it to go faster.

I don''t know how everyone on here sends theirs off for WEEKS (or in some cases MONTHS). Don''t know if I could take that!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,
I am sorry. I understand how you are feeling!!!! Hugs friend!
Yay to pics
35.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay gypsy - so here''s the deal... do a photoshoot TODAY *and* one on the weekend :D :D :D *I* don''t want to have to wait, okay? ;-) But I also don''t want to interrupt a nice long weekend session either ;D

Hurry up now!!! LOL

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't promise tonight Cehra... but will definitely try my best to get a *few* shots today or tomorrow. Okay?
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 7:45:59 PM
Author: Gypsy
Can't promise tonight Cehra... but will definitely try my best to get a *few* shots today or tomorrow. Okay?
2.gif
oh gypsy, you don't have to promise anything.... I'll love you anyway... but I can still attempt to demand it - got it!!?!? Now hurry up, it only takes a second to snap off some shots!!!!!
12.gif
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can demand all you like! I won''t hold it against you!

But now that it''s replated AND I have a decent camera I''ll HOPEFULLY get a couple of shots of asscher that actually LOOK like an asscher.
21.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 8:02:01 PM
Author: Gypsy
You can demand all you like! I won''t hold it against you!

But now that it''s replated AND I have a decent camera I''ll HOPEFULLY get a couple of shots of asscher that actually LOOK like an asscher.
21.gif
yeah I have to say your old pics are woeful! You can barely see what your ring looks like, forget the diamond!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I can''t wait to see pics! I have to confess that I can guess how you''re feeling without your ring in your possession. A few years ago, maybe a year after we got married, I was going to have my e-ring reset to match my wedding band. The jeweler told me I would have to leave both my e-ring and wedding band with them so they could make an exact match...I looked at my hand, looked at him, looked at my hand again and told him I would have to think about it. I never have had it reset, I can''t stand the thought of not wearing either ring for a few weeks!
7.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I can''t wait to see your pictures. I know how you feel. I''ve had to turn my rings in 3 times now to be sized down and I told them one time I was going to lay down on their couch in the lobby and wimper for awhile before I went home. It''s tough to part with something you treasure that much.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I once traveled without my ering for a week. Boy did I miss it! But the good thing is it looked a lot bigger when I did get to wear it again! I hope you are experiencing that now! I''m looking forward to your pictures!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2007 12:03:34 AM
Author: snlee
I once traveled without my ering for a week. Boy did I miss it! But the good thing is it looked a lot bigger when I did get to wear it again! I hope you are experiencing that now! I''m looking forward to your pictures!

It totally does look bigger. And my GOODNESS did the re-plating make a difference! It looks like a new ring. No scratches (they polished it I think, before the re-plating) no yellow. The whole thing just looks SO much better. I can''t believe I waited so long to do this! I realize now that it probably needed to be done about a year and a half ago. But I''ve been so focused on re-setting I totally didn''t want to spend ANY $$ on this simple X prong setting. Of course, because it''s such a simple design, it needs to be as shiny and scratch free as possible. I kinda ignored that.

Cehra-- SNORT! Yeah, my digital camera did a pitiful job didn''t it? Well, I''ve got a photoshoot planned tonight. Hopefully nothing gets in the way of that!

Thanks All!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
G, can''t wait to see the pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results