shape
carat
color
clarity

I LOVE Avril Lavigne''s rings, so I tried to copy the look!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I love how she has a plain band and a diamond band with her solitaire. I love how mine used to look more like hers when it was set with split prongs!
8.gif
This is Avril''s set.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Avril''s set

avril set.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
My set

Avril wannabe.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
And..one more of HER set...I love it!

A.L.jpg

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
beau13, your set DOES look a lot like hers!
30.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yours looks terrific like that!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I agree. I LOVE your set.

...don''t change it. Just get a halo-RHR to curb you''re halo appetite.

Puh-lease?!
17.gif

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Hello I think your ER diamond looks bigger than Avril''s. How big is your ER diamond? Beautiful set on you!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Copy Cat
emcat.gif
Copy Cat
emcat.gif
Copy Cat
emcat.gif

You really did pull it off! I love your set...and especially that SOLITAIRE...got my heart yearning for one just like it!
2.gif
Great Job! Woo Hoo! You and Avril are really are TWINKIES!!!
9.gif
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great job! Looks very cool! I did have *one* thought though -- I''m a detail fanatic and it looks like her soild metal wedding band is 2mm or 2.5 -- where yours is 3mm ... if you had yours shaved down a bit I bet your big ol'' diamond would "pop" more in comparison, yanno? The whole stack would be a bit slimmer too ... AND be even a squidge closer to your inspiration.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I like yours better! Something about the thickness of the ering band - it makes it pop the most, whereas with Avril's (in the first pic) you're almost not sure which is her ering and which is her plain band (maybe that's just me...)

Love it!
36.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Avril is so tiny and that rock is so huge!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
ha-HA! It does look like hers! I love all your combos, Beau!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2008 11:15:57 AM
Author: krisvrn
Hello I think your ER diamond looks bigger than Avril's. How big is your ER diamond? Beautiful set on you!
Uh...NO, unfortunately, my diamond is NOT as big as Avril's. Hers must be around 3 carats or more I would imagine...mine is 1.76 carats. Thanks for the compliments!! The thing I notice with Avril's set, is the gap between the rings, I guess since her diamond is bigger, set lower, and in a basket setting? Minea all sit flush...however I like the gap!! Mela Lu, maybe I will wear these rings for 6 more months, and see if I still want to reset the diamond in a halo mounting...maybe I will need a change for sure by then!

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
Your rings are beautiful.
30.gif

For visual purposes, take a couple of pictures of your bands in the exact order Arvil wears hers and do the comparison. I have seen pictures of your stacked bands and e-ring but not with the plain and diamond band in the same order as Arvil''s.

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
Nevermind, I am a dork.. I thought your set was a picture of Arvils.. WOW, I couldn''t really see the difference until I obviously re-read things.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Beau you are killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE ALL OF YOUR LOOKS!!! I AM SOOOO INLOVE with your ERING SETTING!!! I too agree that your ering looks bigger than hers ..............WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Really WOO? My e-ring setting is so boring! Everyone I know has a similar setting, plain cathedral, four prongs! That is why I like to try to change the look a bit, make it a little more interesting! Thanks for the kind words...I really like that you think my diamond looks BIG, because I am starting to think I need BIGGER!!! (and I''ve only had this one for about 5 months!)

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I truely mean it!!!! I love your ering!! I think mine is so boring next to yours.... Your really makes your stone POP!!! I have a 1.61ct and I too want bigger :) hehehhehehhehehehehehe

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks great! I love this look... and being able to change it up!
30.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2008 1:51:15 PM
Author: woobug02
I truely mean it!!!! I love your ering!! I think mine is so boring next to yours.... Your really makes your stone POP!!! I have a 1.61ct and I too want bigger :) hehehhehehhehehehehehe
Woobug, are there pics of your ring somewhere? I''d love to see it. I find my setting makes my diamond look small. I was bluntly told by two different store owners, that the shank is too wide, I need a thinner (narrower) setting to make the diamond pop, however, they weren''t willing to let me buy a new setting and have it re-mounted (didn''t want to remount my diamond for whatever reason). The one store owner said a 3mm band would look better than the 4.6mm one I have now! Anyway..I wondered if a jeweler could shave or sculpt the shank to make it a bit narrower, but not sure if that is a possibility at all??

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Beau, is your set gold or platinum? The reason I ask is your setting is so shiny and pretty. Mine is platinum and it gets really dull

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOO mine is a knife edge tiffany replica from Whiteflash :) It is very pretty but doesn''t make a statement like yours

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I personally don''t like platinum, it''s white gold....and initially had a platinum head which was changed to white gold as well. I like the fact that I can bring the rings to the jeweler every few weeks and have them buffed to look brand new! I was afraid with platinum they would look dull, lack that lustre...maybe I''m wrong...but I didn''t want to spend hundreds(maybe thousands) more for platinum only to realize I didn''t like it!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
And one last pic, of my favourite stack, which I will wear like shown for awhile I think. I like the diamond band to go on first, followed by the solitaire, then the plain gold band on last...I''m tired of playing with rings for today!! Phew!!
emteeth.gif

favourite combo.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s a beautiful set! It definitely looks a lot likes Avril''s!

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Your set really does look like hers!!! But like others have said... I think your ering looks much MUCH better!
3.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your set look so like Avrils-I can''t believe that your e-ring isn''t bigger! It looks HUGE-I was guessing it was at least 3ct!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with all the other posts! Your ROCK looks just as big, if not bigger than Avril''s ring. As a matter of fact, I totally jealous cuz you have my **dream** carat weight!
30.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your set does look like hers!! I couldn''t tell who''s was who''s in the first couple of photos until I looked at the nail polish colours.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results