shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1447270554|3948304 said:
I got my orange belt in Taekwondo, Trapper is now high blue, so he will be brown next. London has two more tests and then she will test for her temporary black belt!

That's awesome! Congratulations! :appl:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dust! POOF! Lots and lots of glittery dust with showers and showers of sparkles! I do hope you get the job! :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Hay Joe, I'm very sorry for your loss. I love the photos you shared of Sweet Pea. Hugs. :wavey:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:D I got my Christmas present today! I've been wanting a new sewing machine for a while and so I went down to a local store....got a great price, traded in my old machine. :D

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Cozystitches|1447290757|3948510 said:
:D I got my Christmas present today! I've been wanting a new sewing machine for a while and so I went down to a local store....got a great price, traded in my old machine. :D

Cool! Hope we get to see pics of some future projects! :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1447275859|3948352 said:
packrat|1447270554|3948304 said:
I got my orange belt in Taekwondo, Trapper is now high blue, so he will be brown next. London has two more tests and then she will test for her temporary black belt!

So cool! Congratulations to all of you!

Woohoo way to go Packrat and little packrats!!! :appl:

Tanzigrrl said:
Had a very important interview yesterday. Please send any spare PS dust my way!!! Hope I get it, hope I get it, hope I get it.

Sending you bucket loads of good luck dust! Hope you get it!

Cozystitches said:

Yay, glad it worked out for you. What machine did you get? My dh loves to sew and uses a Janome. He taught himself how to sew and is enjoying altering all our clothes and other little projects. Still waiting for him to sew me a dress though. :cheeky:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches said:

Yay, glad it worked out for you. What machine did you get? My dh loves to sew and uses a Janome. He taught himself how to sew and is enjoying altering all our clothes and other little projects. Still waiting for him to sew me a dress though. :cheeky:[/quote]

I got a Janome DC1050 :) I'm pretty happy.I could have gotten the Hello Kitty version, but :sick: It's the same machine w/o the stickers. I am having fun with it so far. :D :D :D What Janome does your hubby have? I wasn't sure about it but the reviews for Janome were good and the people in the store were (of course) amazing. :D

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches|1447290757|3948510 said:

YAY! Given the wonderful sewing you've done, you deserve great tools!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the sinking feeling that I threw out my 5 stone wedding band and my other diamond band that I wear all the time. :cry:

I could kick myself if it were possible. I'm feeling very low on the inside. ;(

Yes, I have insurance. I'm still sad and cant believe I did it.

Warning to all...after cleaning your rings do not leave them wadded up in a paper towel to dry.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1447861476|3951290 said:
I have the sinking feeling that I threw out my 5 stone wedding band and my other diamond band that I wear all the time. :cry:

Warning to all...after cleaning your rings do not leave them wadded up in a paper towel to dry.

Oh no! I really hope they haven't been accidentally thrown out. I do put mine in paper towels so appreciate your advice. I'm sure you've already gone through the trash? I hope you come across them soon! :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1447861476|3951290 said:

Warning to all…after cleaning your rings do not leave them wadded up in a paper towel to dry.

Oh no tyty, I'm so sorry ;( I'm trying to remain optimistic and hoping they turn up…if I lived close to you I'd come over and help you look through the trash…also hoping your trash hasn't been picked up recently…this is such a shame, I'm wishing you luck and hoping you find them :pray:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you rockinruby and junebug. I did go through the trash (lots of coffee grounds and hamster droppings :sick: ). No luck.

If anyone has that 6th sense finding stones and might have any suggestions (even if it's to give up because they are long gone),
please let me know.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Eek! I truly hope that you didn't inadvertently throw it out. I can sympathize - I think that I once threw out a diamond ring by accident. It's been about 10 years now and I'd be willing to bet money that's what happened to it :(sad I will definitely be crossing my fingers that you find it!!!!!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333 said:

That's awful! I hope your rings turn up. Insurance can provide you with new rings, but its not the same. :(

Sending you positive thoughts that you find your rings.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have cats, tyty? One of mine used to steal my jewelry. Luckily they only went as far as under the bed...

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 30th birthday, Calvin and Hobbes!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty said:
Happy 30th birthday, Calvin and Hobbes!

Happy Birthday!!! My favorite comic strip characters of all time. :appl:

_71.gif

calvinandhobbescrabbyneedaffection.jpg

calvinhobbescartoon.jpg

toocoldforcalvin.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty, I hope your rings show up! Sending you lots of lost and found PS ***DUST*** right now!
Did you check your underwear drawer?

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
One piece toilets seem modern and stylish until you install one in a third floor bathroom. Then they're just heavy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches|1447381667|3949055 said:
Cozystitches said:

Yay, glad it worked out for you. What machine did you get? My dh loves to sew and uses a Janome. He taught himself how to sew and is enjoying altering all our clothes and other little projects. Still waiting for him to sew me a dress though. :cheeky:

I got a Janome DC1050 :) I'm pretty happy.I could have gotten the Hello Kitty version, but :sick: It's the same machine w/o the stickers. I am having fun with it so far. :D :D :D What Janome does your hubby have? I wasn't sure about it but the reviews for Janome were good and the people in the store were (of course) amazing. :D

Hi Cozystitches! Just noticed your question about the Janome. My dh bought the HD3000 from a local appliance store near us that specializes in sewing machines and they were very knowledgeable about which sewing machine they recommended and my dh loves it. Perfect for a beginner which he was when he bought it 2 years ago. He didn't like the needle threading mechanism so he doesn't use it so he uses a manual needle threader. I have no clue what that means LOL just repeating what he told me when I asked him for you. However the machine is super smooth and powerful and that is not enough of a drawback for him. He has another machine he bought elsewhere that is crude in comparison to the Janome.

I hope you are continuing to enjoy your Janome and hope you share some of what you make here with us. :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you momhappy, december_fire, pinto and missy.

I'm fairly sure they gone...Now to call the insurance company and find out what they will do for me. Why do I feel like I've
done something bad and now I'm asking for a favor when I stinkin' pay for the insurance :sick: .

I do have cats and have checked all around my nightstand to see if they knocked them off. I am also going to go check my
underware drawer. I appreciate the ideas.

tyty

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
missy|1447932062|3951658 said:
Hi Cozystitches! Just noticed your question about the Janome. My dh bought the HD3000 from a local appliance store near us that specializes in sewing machines and they were very knowledgeable about which sewing machine they recommended and my dh loves it. Perfect for a beginner which he was when he bought it 2 years ago. He didn't like the needle threading mechanism so he doesn't use it so he uses a manual needle threader. I have no clue what that means LOL just repeating what he told me when I asked him for you. However the machine is super smooth and powerful and that is not enough of a drawback for him. He has another machine he bought elsewhere that is crude in comparison to the Janome.

I hope you are continuing to enjoy your Janome and hope you share some of what you make here with us. :appl:

No worries! I know how it is we all get so busy. :D I don't think it's an automatic threader, but I looked at his machine and mine has more electronics by the looks of it... :D

I'm loving it! Am working on Christmas presents :D

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, PS dust is working. I got a very positive phone call on Thursday regarding the job. Just a wee bit more dust please, please. Man, the wait is killing me. And, I feel like I'm so close to getting it! I really want the job. PS dust works wonders.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tanzigrrl, Sending a truck load of dust your way. I hope this is the job of your dreams!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Psst I traded in my 1.26 k bgd blue for a 1.5+ k bg blue. http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.517-k-vs1-round-diamond-ags-bl-104077586005

I'm going yellow gold solitaire this time. I am also getting a beaded band from stuller through bgd. I am hoping for james Allen to have some kind of holiday promo because I'm needing ok wanting a yellow gold sapphire band to complete the set.

I think this is the last upgrade. And if the Costco hoops work out, that's it for the bigger blingie stuff. I can see myself picking up little stacker bands here and there but I think I'm finally satisfied.

Cringe... Actually, I think I will want to figure out a forever setting for choco berry Finn my pink brown diamond, but hot damn I haven't even worn the ring yet!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1448164617|3952676 said:
Psst I traded in my 1.26 k bgd blue for a 1.5+ k bg blue. http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.517-k-vs1-round-diamond-ags-bl-104077586005

I'm going yellow gold solitaire this time. I am also getting a beaded band from stuller through bgd. I am hoping for james Allen to have some kind of holiday promo because I'm needing ok wanting a yellow gold sapphire band to complete the set.

I think this is the last upgrade. And if the Costco hoops work out, that's it for the bigger blingie stuff. I can see myself picking up little stacker bands here and there but I think I'm finally satisfied.

Cringe... Actually, I think I will want to figure out a forever setting for choco berry Finn my pink brown diamond, but hot damn I haven't even worn the ring yet!

Wow, you have some great bling purchases going on PintoBean! That's a fabulous upgrade, and I hope the Costco earrings work out - Looking forward to pics!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tyty, I hope you've found your rings by now!

Just yesterday, I couldn't find one of my stud earrings. I remembered taking off all my jewelry Friday night, so I was sure it wasn't lost before then. I looked all around the floor of my closet and in the bathroom, as well, but nothing. Long story, short: This morning, about to pull out the vacuum and a stocking, I had a brainstorm: A few times in the past, when putting on or taking off jewelry items, they have bounced off the little counter (in my closet) and onto the floor or into the basket style drawers just below. So, one by one, I started taking things out of my pajama drawer. And there, was my earring. Not on the top, either. The little bugger had burrowed down into folds of a nightshirt.

Both are safely back in my ears now.

I also was saying a prayer to St. Anthony, through out yesterday and this morning. I know that doesn't work for everyone, but for those who are Catholic/Christian, maybe it can.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Note to self: No more x-mas cards with glitter. I'll be vacuuming this sh!t up 'til next July. As for the writing of the cards... 1 down, about 150 more to go...

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1449164854|3956954 said:
Note to self: No more x-mas cards with glitter. I'll be vacuuming this sh!t up 'til next July. As for the writing of the cards... 1 down, about 150 more to go...

My sister says that glitter is the herpes of the craft world....lets just say I have seen those glitter pills and have seriously thought of buying them for her :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to say that was not a flipping facemask and the lions won that game.

Ugh. The rage.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results