color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tooPatient :wavey:

Lots and lots of dust to your DH!

I'm happy to report that on Tuesday, I set up the LLC, and on Wednesday I was able to complete creating my weekly published notification of the formation of the LLC in a local newspaper. I'm still waiting for the daily paper to get back to me with the ad price so that I can wrap that up as well. In NY, you have to publish notice for 6 weeks in a daily and a weekly paper. I am such a frazzled nervous wreck, scatter brained mess when it comes to taking care of my own affairs lolol. I just had to remind myself that lots of people do this every day and to not over think it lololol.

I also finally signed my severance agreement and sent it to HR.

One of my former coworkers called me on Monday to let me know that a requisition that would have been a good fit for at his company was canceled. I really appreciated that he thought enough of me to call me and tell me in person and check in with me to see how I am doing.

One of my leads, a former client, finds me a good fit but they need to win more projects until they can take a new employee on full time. My contact in the mean time is going to push to see if they will take me on per diem.

I also let the former coworker that works with DH know I set up an LLC and am available for per diem work and to let my former boss know.

It feels very good to be having a professional project again. :read:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Azstonie :oops:

I think I have a combo that works! Claritin at lunch and ONE benadryl at bed time, as opposed to both in the evening formerly!

Of course yesterday I got distracted and before I knew it it was 4 PM, and I ended up doing two benadryl at 1 AM and woke up at 12:30 pm! Yup... Never again!

It is dare I say it a good thing that I have no work right now to have had a time to figure things out with the meds and eczema. I also think that feeling stuck and bored at the last job also contributed to the stress triggered eczema.

My friends... Geez...let's just say I'm happy having the freedom of anonymity to express myself here. I texted two sisters who were the first ones outside of my parents and DH I told about losing my job. They had texted back their dismay and love for me and told me they were there for me. I appreciated one of them having her husband ask me for my resume, but man, when I texted them for feedback on names for my coppmany, crickets crickets... Radio silence. They are my friends from high school, but man, I can't deal with this inconsistent infrequent communication that has been going on for years. Whereas my old law school chum who I asked to help me do a once over of my severance papers a few weeks ago thought of me and texted me to see how I am doing. I have to just file people like the sisters in the acquaintance folder and expect nothing more than an interaction once in a blue moon and maybe a shout out or get together on being ocsssions like weddings and birthdays.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto -- It sounds like you are doing great! Keep it up. Maybe this will be a great thing for you.

Thanks for the dust! Really hoping to have great news to share soon.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so bright in my office right now I am literally wearing sunglasses.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1441143455|3922311 said:

:lol: :-o

New lights installed? I've dealt with super dim but never over bright!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Passed my TKD test and am now officially a yellow belt!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1441195657|3922567 said:

Woohoo congrats packrat! :appl:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1441169531|3922491 said:
Dee*Jay|1441143455|3922311 said:

:lol: :-o

New lights installed? I've dealt with super dim but never over bright!

I wish TP No... my department moved to the west side of our building in July and we are reaching the point in the year where the sun is on the horizon directly across from my windows mid-afternoon. That, coupled with the white hazy fog yesterday thanks to changing temps, made it TOTAL WHITE GLARE. I think I'm going to have to have IT move my computer to another part of my desk. What a shame; the view is spectacular from the 57th floor, but I truly cannot see. And I don't need any more crow"s feet from squinting!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1441198597|3922583 said:

Thanks Missy! I'm pretty dang proud of myself! It's something I've wanted to do since I was a little girl and my brother was in it, but mom wouldn't let me b/c I am a girl.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1441198597|3922583 said:

Way to go! You're and inspiration!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! You are an awesome woman.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks VR and Matata! It's really empowering. Breaking boards is fun too, I gotta say. It's fun also b/c my kids are in it. There's a lot of families in the class. Plus, the instructor rocks.

One of the brown belts in the class sent me a link to this shirt and I totally ordered it!

back.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Made gnocchi today. I just can't "stand" the feeling of that sticky dough on my hands. Gives me the creeps! :rolleyes:

cheers--Sharon

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
packrat said:
Thanks VR and Matata! It's really empowering. Breaking boards is fun too, I gotta say. It's fun also b/c my kids are in it. There's a lot of families in the class. Plus, the instructor rocks.

One of the brown belts in the class sent me a link to this shirt and I totally ordered it!

That's so cool!! DH did TKD with his entire family too! He started at a very young age and was obsessed throughout childhood and beyond. It has proved to be a very valuable experience for him, well into adulthood--especially the flexibility (he can still do a split at 35!) and discipline. He was the youngest black belt in California back in the late-80s (he was 12!). He has nothing but good things to say about the experience. Sounds like your experience has been really positive as well. Congrats on your yellow belt!!!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
canuk-gal said:
HI:

Made gnocchi today. I just can't "stand" the feeling of that sticky dough on my hands. Gives me the creeps! :rolleyes:

cheers--Sharon

I love that feeling! As Kenny would say, "people vary" ;-)

I spent my day in the kitchen too. I've got a huge batch of Hatch green chili sauce going. Enchiladas tonight, huevos this weekend and leftover sauce to freeze! Got to take advantage of the short season for 'em!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tuffyluvr|1441319661|3923330 said:
canuk-gal said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

I spent my day in the kitchen too. I've got a huge batch of Hatch green chili sauce going. Enchiladas tonight, huevos this weekend and leftover sauce to freeze! Got to take advantage of the short season for 'em!

YUM! :wavey: (I can wave now my hands are clean lol)

cheers--Sharon

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
canuk-gal said:
canuk-gal said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

cheers--Sharon

I'm burned the heck outta my fingers frying the tortillas for the enchiladas. Will have to ice my hands before waving. Need to be less stubborn about using tongs! D'oh!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tuffyluvr|1441323134|3923352 said:
canuk-gal said:
canuk-gal said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

cheers--Sharon

I'm burned the heck outta my fingers frying the tortillas for the enchiladas. Will have to ice my hands before waving. Need to be less stubborn about using tongs! D'oh!!!

LORDY! How are you going to hold your wine/tequila glass? :lol: Yes, please use tongs!!

If I make chili rellenos I bake or broil the chili's to aid in removing the skin. Not too painful.

cheers--Sharon

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
You know you look awful while working out when the cats run up panic stricken and all start nudging you simultaneously.

Don't worry guys, not dying...yet...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1441935353|3926322 said:
You know you look awful while working out when the cats run up panic stricken and all start nudging you simultaneously.

Oh Chemgirl, Your post had me laughing out loud!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1440722072|3920127 said:

I think I have a combo that works! Claritin at lunch and ONE benadryl at bed time, as opposed to both in the evening formerly!

Of course yesterday I got distracted and before I knew it it was 4 PM, and I ended up doing two benadryl at 1 AM and woke up at 12:30 pm! Yup... Never again!

It is dare I say it a good thing that I have no work right now to have had a time to figure things out with the meds and eczema. I also think that feeling stuck and bored at the last job also contributed to the stress triggered eczema.

My friends... Geez...let's just say I'm happy having the freedom of anonymity to express myself here. I texted two sisters who were the first ones outside of my parents and DH I told about losing my job. They had texted back their dismay and love for me and told me they were there for me. I appreciated one of them having her husband ask me for my resume, but man, when I texted them for feedback on names for my coppmany, crickets crickets... Radio silence. They are my friends from high school, but man, I can't deal with this inconsistent infrequent communication that has been going on for years. Whereas my old law school chum who I asked to help me do a once over of my severance papers a few weeks ago thought of me and texted me to see how I am doing. I have to just file people like the sisters in the acquaintance folder and expect nothing more than an interaction once in a blue moon and maybe a shout out or get together on being ocsssions like weddings and birthdays.

Pinto, I just saw this. Good thinking on the spacing of the Claritin and Benadryl!

Regarding the other, well, I know how that goes. Very few people care, when it comes right down to it. I'm glad you do have peeps you can count on. :wavey:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1441935353|3926322 said:

So true! Cats are funny and sweet.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Death toll in my life for the last month: Five.

Friend dead at 37 of breast cancer.
Friend's daughter dead at 37 of unknown causes.
Family friend dead at 70 of a heart attack.
Friend dead at 47 on Monday this week of a DVT from a long-haul flight the previous week. He was on his way to a funeral when it happened.
Friend's brother dead at 58 of cancer.

Just in the last month. In all I know about 20 people who have died in the last three years,ranging from immediate relatives to old friends to community acquaintances. Many of them were really unexpected. It's completely weird - I'm old but not that old and didn't expect so many deaths for another ten years. It's not fair.

Just saying.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1441940764|3926379 said:
PintoBean|1440722072|3920127 said:

Pinto, I just saw this. Good thinking on the spacing of the Claritin and Benadryl!

Regarding the other, well, I know how that goes. Very few people care, when it comes right down to it. I'm glad you do have peeps you can count on. :wavey:

This is SO true.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Tilting At Windmills:

They installed an automatic soap dispenser in the ladies' room at work and we are not getting along.

A few days ago I was on my way home and threw my white blazer on the counter on my way into the stall. I heard the tell-tale shoosh sound and sure enough, the shoulder of my blazer was covered in sea-sick green foamy soap. So I thought a few choice words. Luckily the dry cleaner was able to get the stain out.

This morning I was washing my hands and somehow managed to move my hand at exactly the right time and shoooosh, soap all over the counter. No soap on my hands. So I tried again. Shoosh - soap in my hands, but soap still on the counter. I finished washing my hands, dried them and used the paper towel to attempt to clean up the soap from the counter. (Side note - I have been also battling with the automatic towel dispenser for years and occasionally leaving the bathroom with wet hands.) Shooosh - more soap on the counter. I repeated this process three more times getting more PO'd and sweaty each time with a bigger pile of foamy green soap accumulating on the counter under the dispenser. :wall: :wall: :wall: :confused:

I can not have my @ss handed to me by a soap dispenser at 8 am on a Friday. This just can not happen. I psyched myself up. I am human, this "thing" is not. I have opposable thumbs. I calculate percentages in my head for fun. I can do this. I waved my hand under the towel dispenser and got a towel on the first try. Then I super quickly wiped the soap up.

I won! I beat the soap dispenser!!!! It was a proud moment. :clap:

Soap Dispenser = 5
iluvshinythings = 1

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iluvshinythings...don't some time you feel like you must be on a hidden camera show? Like this can't really be happening?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for completely making my day, iluv :bigsmile:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iluvshinythings|1442583656|3929169 said:
I won! I beat the soap dispenser!!!! It was a proud moment. :clap:

Soap Dispenser = 5
iluvshinythings = 1

:appl: :appl: That was an awesome story. I have a similar issue with auto-flush toilets and seat protectors. Struggle to get the thin tissue protector to stay on the seat, turn around to sit down and WHOOSH the toilet flushes, taking seat protector with it. Try to do it faster with no luck. The toilet is imbued with the human-like behavior of a bully deliberately shortening the time it gives you to cover the seat. I've yet to win one of those battles.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cheered myself up by buying the most stunning pink tourmaline ring this morning but it needs sizing and won't be ready for a week to ten days! ;( How can it take that long, how!

It's a hot pink rectangle enclosed in a silver bezel with a thick flat silver shank, a very modern design. The stone is just stunning, and I can't believe I have to wait so long to get it taken down half a size! :(sad

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, so just a vent:

I'm sorry that you're upset with me, however I believe that you should be upset with you as it's not my fault. You made a poor choice, my trying to help (a bit late) is not a reason to be angry w/me.

Parent: OH MY GOODNESS! Yes, I made a comment (one that's made regularly) and in the MS arena it's normal (not cursing), you vented to the Principal, who spoke w/me. Then weeks later you came to me, I apologized. Now you are venting AGAIN to another teacher and wanting to go to the super? Fine.

Team: I'm tired. Please can't we all just get along? Please?

Heads: Oh my, yes lots of kids have Fs. There are 208 MISSING assignments...as in kids not doing their work. Please tell me again, that I need to do more???

BAH!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results