shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

D

Deactivated member 42515

armywife13 said:
Good news: My husband's unit approved him coming back to visit over Christmas! Yay!!! <happy dance>

Bad news: My 3 year old daughter brought something home from daycare...so she, my 4 month old baby girl, and myself are all sick. My 3 year old has a double ear infection, I have a sinus infection, and my 4 month old has a horrible cough. Running on steams here, hopefully it passes soon!

Yay!!! On the hubz being able to visit you over Christmas time! But it really sucks that you guys are all sick! It's hard to take care of two sick children, but to be sick yourself also? I'm so sorry! Hope you feel better soon!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
YT said:
armywife13 said:
Good news: My husband's unit approved him coming back to visit over Christmas! Yay!!! <happy dance>

Bad news: My 3 year old daughter brought something home from daycare...so she, my 4 month old baby girl, and myself are all sick. My 3 year old has a double ear infection, I have a sinus infection, and my 4 month old has a horrible cough. Running on steams here, hopefully it passes soon!

Yay!!! On the hubz being able to visit you over Christmas time! But it really sucks that you guys are all sick! It's hard to take care of two sick children, but to be sick yourself also? I'm so sorry! Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks YT. :) I am very excited for him to visit. I hope we all feel better soon too.

Clearly my exhaustion is showing...it was supposed to say either "running out of steam" or "running on fumes"....apparently I am not all there right now and combined the two into "running on steams." Haha.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Armywife - I'm familiar with "running on steams"! I hope you all return to health ASAP.

SB - YIPPEE FOR YOU!!!! How wonderfully exciting! I know you really wanted this and I'm very happy for you! :appl:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1383315996|3548640 said:
Apri20, you poor thing! I hope you get over this quickly!

So scores on my last part of the CPA exam may be released as early as today (although Illinois usually lags the main release by a day--or more). I just wanno know!!! PLEASE give me my damn number!!!

April, I hope you feel better soon!

Dee*Jay, I'm sure you did great on your exam!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you supposed to feel differently on your 40th birthday than you did a day earlier? The big 4-0 came and went and I keep waiting for something to happen.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh. Made a big mistake yesterday. Went to a dog show and met for the first time, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels :love: :love: :love: I've always favored large dogs, particularly sight hounds and members of the mastiff family. However, with 3 cats, I'm hesitant to get a dog with a high prey drive. Heck, I've been trying to talk myself out of getting a dog for 5 yrs. Don't want to upset the household, worrying about what happens if the cats hate the dog so much their well-being is affected. Ugh. Why do those cavies have to be so darn cute and have a reputation of getting along well with non-canine pets. Ugh. I've even started scouting breeders. Double ugh.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1383397288|3549033 said:

Yay! That is so exciting! I'm glad you'll get some time together soon.

Feel better soon!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matata|1383533936|3549850 said:
Ugh. Made a big mistake yesterday. Went to a dog show and met for the first time, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels :love: :love: :love: I've always favored large dogs, particularly sight hounds and members of the mastiff family. However, with 3 cats, I'm hesitant to get a dog with a high prey drive. Heck, I've been trying to talk myself out of getting a dog for 5 yrs. Don't want to upset the household, worrying about what happens if the cats hate the dog so much their well-being is affected. Ugh. Why do those cavies have to be so darn cute and have a reputation of getting along well with non-canine pets. Ugh. I've even started scouting breeders. Double ugh.

They ARE cute but very yappy. At least the ones I know. Very, very yappy.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Rosebloom and TooPatient. :) My 3 year old is feeling much better and I think I am over the worst, but my poor little 4 month old is in the worst part right now. :(

TooPatient, yes I am beyond thrilled that he is coming back to visit. Since our move got pushed back from Oct to the end of Feb, this visit is a nice way to break up those months. Once he heads back we will be beginning the preparations for the move!

SB- I would loooove to get stationed there and you being there will be amazing!!! No words of enticement needed! ;-)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK - I need an outlet... love this thread! People around me think I'm cray cray for being into my jewelry like this!

I think I've figured out what I want to get myself for my mumble mumble thirty-mumble-fifth birthday. BIGGER milgrain bezel studs! budget...an appropriate number.... $3,500. :appl: . I was really thinking about going back to IDJ, trading in my current 0.78ctw milgrain bezel studs, but I do like them a lot, and I can pass them onto the next generation if I wish. (Right now, my little girls are kitty furbabies, so mommy gets to enjoy them herself!) They are totally appropriate for work and business trips at this size, too, so KEEPING!

Sooo...I think I'm going to royal treatment myself to the BGD milgrain bezels! I noticed that their virtuals are a little more than those listed on IDJ, but BGD said that you will get the full evaluation, images and all. If they price match, no evaluation, so it's worth paying a smidge more. Woot! I'm thinking that since I am happy with my BG Blue with Very strong or strong fluor on my fing-ah, I can do K's on my ears with fluor. I think my budget gets me around 1.4 ctw. :twirl: :lickout: So happy! :appl: :appl: :appl:

(Psst... so glad i didn't get myself the Costco Cartier Francaise - I can't take a watch seriously if all I think about is a chicken dish!) :naughty:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1383533936|3549850 said:

Matata - As a former crazy greyhound lady, and now currently just a normal greyhound lady, I would be remiss if I did not comment! I've had as many as four greyhounds together with cats. It can be done. In fact, quite a lot of greyhound people have cats too! There are so many greyhound re-homing groups who are very experienced in selecting cat-friendly greys. I do think that a lot of cat people are attracted to greyhounds because they can be very similar to cats, in that most are very laid back and sleep A LOT. They are also very elegant dogs! But, cute and silly too! I just love them and never miss the opportunity to share the love! If you've ever considered one, you might search for local groups. They often have meet and greets at Petcos and the like. Cheers!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The good news: I passed all four parts of the CPA exam!!!!! Thank you to EVERYONE who supported me on this journey!!!!!

The bad news: I found out I passed the last part as I was standing at the nurse's station last night trying to find out what ICU room my grandmother is in. Unexpected trip to Pittsburgh yesterday after learning from my grandmother's neighbor* that she's been in intensive care since last Monday. (*And why did I learn this from my grandmother's NEIGHBOR? Because my BROTHER, who LIVES WITH MY GRANDMOTHER, never bothered to call me. Even though she's in such bad shape he was called to the hospital two nights in a row because things were that dire. Oh, and my mother is on a cruise. Either in Alaska or Panama, no one is sure which. Alaska or Panama. WTF?)

The unbelievable news: I went down to get a cup of coffee and came back to my grandmother (who can't even take a p!ss on her own) having her street clothes being put on because she was being DISCHARGED. EXCUSE ME??? Oh, sorry, guy in room next door is being discharged. Of course by the time this gets straightened out they had already taken off her heart monitor and removed her IVs. There was some screaming (and I'm NOT a screamer). It's a miracle *I* didn't need medical care at that point. My blood pressure is so high I can't believe my head has not exploded. Yet.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage|1383666616|3550826 said:
Matata - As a former crazy greyhound lady, and now currently just a normal greyhound lady, I would be remiss if I did not comment! I've had as many as four greyhounds together with cats. It can be done. In fact, quite a lot of greyhound people have cats too! There are so many greyhound re-homing groups who are very experienced in selecting cat-friendly greys. I do think that a lot of cat people are attracted to greyhounds because they can be very similar to cats, in that most are very laid back and sleep A LOT. They are also very elegant dogs! But, cute and silly too! I just love them and never miss the opportunity to share the love! If you've ever considered one, you might search for local groups. They often have meet and greets at Petcos and the like. Cheers!

Thanks LV. I appreciate your reply. I had 2 Whippets live in relatively harmony with 2 cats for 15 yrs. And then one of the dogs killed one of the cats. Happened 25 yrs ago and I'm still not over it. The cause was likely more to do with old age and crankiness on the part of both parties but it's still a risk I'm not willing to take. If I'm not comfortable with it, I know the animals will pick up on that negative energy.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay! Congratulations on passing the exam.

As for the hospital, :angryfire: ! :errrr: :nono:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1383671572|3550912 said:
The good news: I passed all four parts of the CPA exam!!!!! Thank you to EVERYONE who supported me on this journey!!!!!

The bad news: I found out I passed the last part as I was standing at the nurse's station last night trying to find out what ICU room my grandmother is in.

Congrats on finishing that grueling journey to CPA queenliness. So sorry about your grandmother. Deep breaths and relax or get juiced on a high energy drink and take a hatchet to the dimwits. Hugs to you.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay -- Congratulations on passing! That is wonderful!

OMG :nono: :nono:
I am so angry at your brother and the hospital for you! I can't believe your brother didn't bother to call you. The hospital should be better at checking than that! What if next time it is the medications for the guy in the room next door!?!?

Big hugs to you. I'll be sending lots of positive thoughts and dust your direction. I hope the hospital is extra careful with your grandma and that she is able to go home soon.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1383671572|3550912 said:

The bad news: I found out I passed the last part as I was standing at the nurse's station last night trying to find out what ICU room my grandmother is in. Unexpected trip to Pittsburgh yesterday after learning from my grandmother's neighbor* that she's been in intensive care since last Monday. (*And why did I learn this from my grandmother's NEIGHBOR? Because my BROTHER, who LIVES WITH MY GRANDMOTHER, never bothered to call me. Even though she's in such bad shape he was called to the hospital two nights in a row because things were that dire. Oh, and my mother is on a cruise. Either in Alaska or Panama, no one is sure which. Alaska or Panama. WTF?)

The unbelievable news: I went down to get a cup of coffee and came back to my grandmother (who can't even take a p!ss on her own) having her street clothes being put on because she was being DISCHARGED. EXCUSE ME??? Oh, sorry, guy in room next door is being discharged. Of course by the time this gets straightened out they had already taken off her heart monitor and removed her IVs. There was some screaming (and I'm NOT a screamer). It's a miracle *I* didn't need medical care at that point. My blood pressure is so high I can't believe my head has not exploded. Yet.

Uh, wow, that's insane! I hope things with your grandmother go smoothly from here on out!! (And congrats on passing the CPA exam!)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you to everyone who has offered support on the grandmother situation. I was truly beside myself... Since that time I have made sure to be very visible to everyone involved in her care. I don't think they'll be so much as giving her a Kleenex to wipe her nose without checking with me first. :nono:

And thank you for the CPA congrats. I keep rechecking the score page to make sure it still says "PASS"!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Dee Jay. That's crazy town. Thank god she has you!!! Keep us posted. I get this, as took care of my Nanny for years...

Big hugs. :))

And congrats!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay - re your grandmother: :evil: :nono: - thank goodness you were there to prevent what could have been a catastrophe! I hope things go smoothly from here.

Re your CPA exams - OF COURSE YOU PASSED, YOU SILLY THING! Congratulations! :appl: :appl: :appl:

ETA - I forgot - a POX on your brother!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
I'm allergic to flea bites (amongst other weird.weird allergies)

I went with myDH to his cousins house and didn't realize for hours that my body was being attacked.
I spoke with them today and it turns out, they had some strays in their house the day prior and it had fleas on it. »I wouldn't have gone had I known!
I now have 13 areas on my body that have blisters from the bites. 13. I want to cry, its so painful.. the blisters continue to increase in size until Idrain it and remove the top, meaning ill have scars...everywhere.
my husband for some insane reason, doesn't understand why I've been crying all day. i swear, I married a child!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry Kellinas, that sounds really awful and I hope it clears up soon.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay- woohoo on passing the exams!!! I never doubted you would! :appl: :appl: :appl:
I am so sorry about your grandmother and wish her a speedy recovery-big hugs and lots of dust being sent your and your grandmother's way!

Kelinas-Oh no, your poor dear! How painful-sending lots of positive healing vibes and PS dust and hugs your way...I hope you start feeling better soon and heal without scarring. (((hugs)))

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee-jay... Your Grandmother.... ;( :nono: :nono: :errrr: So awful. You need an advocate at the hospital all the time. No one should ever be there without a competent loved one! They are terrifying. There is not enough staff and way too many patients. Nurses are over worked and have been assigned too many patients.

On passing! Yay! :appl: whew.... What a relief to have that behind you... Hope you get to really celebrate soon!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1383823907|3552105 said:
Dee-jay... Your Grandmother.... ;( :nono: :nono: :errrr: So awful. You need an advocate at the hospital all the time. No one should ever be there without a competent loved one! They are terrifying. There is not enough staff and way too many patients. Nurses are over worked and have been assigned too many patients.

On passing! Yay! :appl: whew.... What a relief to have that behind you... Hope you get to really celebrate soon!

Congratulations on passing that crazy exam!! Welcome to the CPA club, not much of one really. Very few of the normal people get excited when numbers tie out. LOL!

+1 on the advocate for the patient. Hoping the best for your grandma. :)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg kelinas!

Can you get your hands on some aloe, benadryl, Aveeno bath? Hugs...

I can relate - when my eczema got so bad from work stress and the awful itch scratch cycle, I was getting bigger and bigger welts, weeping, scabs, etc.

Staying moisturized helps. Hugs...!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Kelinas - Have you tried chewing tobacco? I know that sounds really CRAZY. But It's a remedy my family has used for years. You apply moistened tobacco to the affected area and let it sit and it helps to draw out the toxins/poisons from the bite. I'm so sorry :(

DeeJay - CONGRATS LADY!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
dragonfly411|1383838461|3552175 said:
Kelinas - Have you tried chewing tobacco? I know that sounds really CRAZY. But It's a remedy my family has used for years. You apply moistened tobacco to the affected area and let it sit and it helps to draw out the toxins/poisons from the bite. I'm so sorry :(

DeeJay - CONGRATS LADY!

my father used it for bee stings.
I've been freezing cotton pads with witch hazel, which has been a lifesaver. I literally have been wrapping these rashes with these pads underneath.
Seems to be slowly healing. (Sloooooowly being the key word)

Thank you everyone for the tips :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay-how's your grandmother doing? Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

Kelinas-glad you are feeling better!

I am very excited! I just bought tickets for next Sunday for Book of Mormon...first row mezzanine on the aisle. My perfect seat location woohoo! Ofc it cost a fortune. Anyone else remember the days where Broadway tickets were under $100? Man the dollar is so devalued now. But in any case I am psyched to go and just hope nothing arises that prevents us from going. That's the main reason I hate buying tickets in advance but fingers crossed it all works out.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Missy, the Book of Mormon is really good! We saw it in Boston last year and loved it.

Dee*Jay, I can't remember if I said this already, but congratulations on passing! I knew you'd do it! :appl: How's your grandmother doing?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Congrats DeeJay !! And healing vibes your way for your family.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results