color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1291903747|2792010 said:
junebug17|1291903090|2792003 said:
Yesterday I was at the doctor's having blood drawn and as I was laying there, I glanced down at the technician's hand and noticed her beautiful wedding set. As she was trying to find a vein she complimented my set, and I laughed and told her I was just checking out her gorgeous bling! We chatted about diamonds and jewelry while she drew my blood!

I hope the technician was wearing gloves for the protection of you both. I only ask because it is hard to see the rings when wearing gloves so I wonder if she was wearing gloves...

In any case I always notice the rings of others and enjoy the eye candy!

She didn't have gloves on as she was looking at my arm, and that's when I noticed her rings. I'm almost positive she put them on when she was ready to actually take the blood, but I turned my head as she was doing it so I can't swear to it! She must have though, I can't imagine that she wouldn't have, even just for her own protection.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
YAY! Pictures from Tuesday finally came online! There's a super cute one of my friends and me that I ordered - it killed me to pay freaking $10 + shipping for a 5"x7", but oh well. I can't wait to frame it.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I'm surprising BF with tickets to the 49ers vs. Seahawks game in San Francisco on Sunday. The Seahawks are his team and he's a huge football fan, so I'm thinking he'll be super excited. I'm pretty clueless about football, and I bet he thinks I have no clue that this game is happening on Sunday, so he's going to be super surprised!

Now I'm just trying to figure out when I should tell him. I'm bursting at the seams to tell him now, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow. :twirl:

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
VRBeauty|1291885804|2791912 said:
Is it possible to have insomnia by choice? What do you call it when you hear the little voice telling you to go to bed, but you ignore even thought you know you'll pay for it for the for the rest of the day, and you'll really pay for it this weekend, since you've been doing this all week...?????

No joke this has been my week. It's been so hard trying to concentrate today and I know I'm going to be SO tired when I get home, but if I nap I'll miss out on playing games tonight! So no nap and I'll probably stay up late tonight and continue on!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkstars|1292028067|2793829 said:
VRBeauty|1291885804|2791912 said:
Is it possible to have insomnia by choice? What do you call it when you hear the little voice telling you to go to bed, but you ignore even thought you know you'll pay for it for the for the rest of the day, and you'll really pay for it this weekend, since you've been doing this all week...?????

No joke this has been my week. It's been so hard trying to concentrate today and I know I'm going to be SO tired when I get home, but if I nap I'll miss out on playing games tonight! So no nap and I'll probably stay up late tonight and continue on!

I had yesterday off so I turned off the alarm clocks... and slept until almost 1 p.m.! Got up by 7 this morning though -- hopefully I'm sorta back on track now!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber St. Clare|1291933768|2792503 said:
It's very humbling, and not in a good way, when you see one of your not so good personality traits in your child. He has been showing my trait of blaming others and not taking personal responsiblity, when he makes a mistake. We are ging to have to have a nice little heart to heart tomorrow before he goes to work. Not attractive at all and NOT one of my finer traits.

Amber - talk about taking personal responsibility - well done! Your son is lucky to have you.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Led Zeppelin ROCKS!!!!!!! :razz: :razz:

I'm watching The Song Remains the Same on Palladia, and it rocks my socks!!!! :appl: :appl:

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Our choir did our baroque Christmas concert last night it was brilliant!! I'm still buzzing from it! Everyone I know is getting the CD for Christmas :bigsmile:

Is anyone else have concerts coming up? What pieces are ye doing?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We performed several movements from Vivaldi's Gloria as part of our service this morning -- about 40 singers, our (rather wonderful!) organist, and a 4-piece string quartet. It went incredibly well! I do miss singing more traditional Christmas music though, so I'll have to seek out some sing-along opportunities!

I'm glad your concert went well too, Porridge!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Thanks VRBeauty. We did the Gloria last night too! And his Magnificat. I do like the more Christmassy pieces too, but we also did Bach's Cantata last night (the 140) which feels kind of Christmassy to me. We opened and closed with Handel - Zadok the Priest and the Hallelujia chorus - so I was brimming over with Christmas spirit by the end. Our orchestra were fantastic too. Oh I loved it I want to do it again!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I was super grumpy earlier, but I went out to my friend's potluck and had a blast! I'm so glad I went.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
My avatar tricked me. I thought it was someone elses. It looks a lot like Harriet's.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
The puppy I want is in Alabama. I'm in NY. Somehow this doesn't compute. I think its more important that DH & I decide about the pup in person, together than for me to get this one particular puppy. Though I doubt I'll ever find another one just like it. :sick:

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
decodelighted|1292220535|2795389 said:
The puppy I want is in Alabama. I'm in NY. Somehow this doesn't compute. I think its more important that DH & I decide about the pup in person, together than for me to get this one particular puppy. Though I doubt I'll ever find another one just like it. :sick:

Is it a rescue pup? Maybe they could do a transport train to get him to you :D Alabama isn't that far from NY ;-)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1292220535|2795389 said:

Weekend trip to Alabama? They've got great barbeque....

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I'm excited that I get to take more than one class next semester! YIPEE

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
BF and I just had a great weekend, it was pretty much perfect! And this upcoming weekend is the overnight surprise trip he has planned while on our little mini-vacation to Washington, so I'm super excited! :) Is it Friday yet?

April20

Ideal_Rock
I just commented on a thread that I thought was new (didn't look at dates) but was older. I didn't realize it until I wondered how so many people had posted so quickly after me. That's when I realized that I'd already commented. Months ago. And said virtually the EXACT same thing. I am so boring.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We're cutting back on our cats' food and one of them, the drama queen, won't stop crying. She sounds so pitiful. I'm trying to ignore her but I'm not sure I'll last. Their last feeding isn't until late tonight.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
April20|1292267997|2795767 said:
I just commented on a thread that I thought was new (didn't look at dates) but was older. I didn't realize it until I wondered how so many people had posted so quickly after me. That's when I realized that I'd already commented. Months ago. And said virtually the EXACT same thing. I am so boring.

Not boring.

Reliable. You know what you think and what you like. :))

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I am tired of my family. I never thought I'd say that, but I am. I am tired of arguments, and bickering. I am tired of snide little comments slid into a conversation that are hurtful or rude. I am tired of attitude. I am tired of them ganging up on me, and taking each other's sides even when deep down I know, and others know, I am right. I am tired of them favoring my little sister. I don't get it. I bust my butt, I never did anything stupid, never partied, never did drugs, haven't smoked, always go out of my way for my family. Meanwhile my sister expects everyone to rotate on her little finger, bails on responsibilities, dumps her dog on my grandparents, drinks, smokes, has done drugs, always asks for money even though she works.... but it's me who gets the crap shoot. I give up. I really do. It is so frustrating. They alienated SO when he and I moved home, and now they have alienated me.

Vent over. :(sad

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1292280148|2795925 said:
I am tired of my family. I never thought I'd say that, but I am. I am tired of arguments, and bickering. I am tired of snide little comments slid into a conversation that are hurtful or rude. I am tired of attitude. I am tired of them ganging up on me, and taking each other's sides even when deep down I know, and others know, I am right. I am tired of them favoring my little sister. I don't get it. I bust my butt, I never did anything stupid, never partied, never did drugs, haven't smoked, always go out of my way for my family. Meanwhile my sister expects everyone to rotate on her little finger, bails on responsibilities, dumps her dog on my grandparents, drinks, smokes, has done drugs, always asks for money even though she works.... but it's me who gets the crap shoot. I give up. I really do. It is so frustrating. They alienated SO when he and I moved home, and now they have alienated me.

Sounds like you need a break from them and when they ask whats going on...I'd tell them all the above
(in a nice tone of course). Let them know that you are burnt out on it. Dont expect things to change
though until they're ready to change :(( . Hugs

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1292280376|2795931 said:
dragonfly411|1292280148|2795925 said:

Sounds like you need a break from them and when they ask whats going on...I'd tell them all the above
(in a nice tone of course). Let them know that you are burnt out on it. Dont expect things to change
though until they're ready to change :(( . Hugs

sorry df, it does sound like a break is a very good thing for your health :sick:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm watching the Sing Off..

I think that Pour Some Sugar On Me was the most - entertaining - thing I've seen in a long time :bigsmile: posterior hump manoeuvre and all ::)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys. I kindof agree. I spoke with my mom extensively about it today, and she very much agrees with what I've felt... and thinks I am justified in how I feel. It sucks that it's right around the holidays, but it's like they keep pushing and pushing. She's going to talk with everyone, but we'll see. Growing up... my family was everything. As I've gotten older, not so much. Many times I feel like a stranger.

P.S. I just watched Anit Christ.... b/c on trailers it had looked interesting enough. I've never been so thoroughly disturbed and disgusted. Don't watch it.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I think I have a worse clinger than anyone here. And his mom called herself my mother in law tonight. I'm not even single (technically). WTF

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
who's ready for another crafting debacle? That's right, I'm busting out the sewing machine again, in hopes to craft some cute coats for the dogs. We'll see how they turn out :bigsmile:

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I just saw Shutter Island and I think I must be the only person in the world who didn't like it. I thought it was predictable and incohesive in parts, with a very disappointing ending.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Never even heard of that movie DF..is it like some Christmas horror movie?

And dangit Porridge I thought Shutter Island looked good. Is it worth wasting time to see it?

My brother got engaged tonight!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Porridge|1292639625|2800059 said:
I just saw Shutter Island and I think I must be the only person in the world who didn't like it. I thought it was predictable and incohesive in parts, with a very disappointing ending.
I didn't mind the ending, it was the meandering middle that was too long and unnecessary that led to a feeling of disappointment at the ending (for me anyways).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results