carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1289520919|2762726 said:
Maisie|1289520740|2762719 said:
No hard feelings Deco? Thats what you said. But true to form you are going to carry this on and on...
I don't have any hard feelings towards you, Maisie. And I'm just using your definition as a jumping off point for clarification. Would just like to know what the ground rules are for people's expectations of "proper" behavior. Mostly from Uppy, since she's the one who was turned off by folks talking behind each others' backs.

Come on now Deco. You don't seriously want to clarify this at all. You don't care one way or another. I think you just want to carry this along for the added snark opportunity. And thats fine if thats what floats your boat.

I don't think anyone who read Whitby's posts can say that she deserves to be talked about the way she was. I also want to say that I am not naive in the slightest. I try to be nice and avoid hurting peoples feelings. I'm coming to the realisation that this must annoy some of my fellow posters too.

I honestly don't believe for one minute you have never talked about someone behind their back Deco. Just because you 'shoot from the hip' doesn't mean you don't backbite too.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I find it vaguely comforting, in an oddly warped way, that PS is like your favorite soap opera. You can leave it for months, and come back to the same vibe. The same level of drama.

There's a certain level of security in knowing that things never really change here. :tongue: :bigsmile:

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
HollyS|1289521953|2762740 said:
I find it vaguely comforting, in an oddly warped way, that PS is like your favorite soap opera. You can leave it for months, and come back to the same vibe. The same level of drama.

There's a certain level of security in knowing that things never really change here. :tongue: :bigsmile:

Am I Kenny's long lost son?

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All of this, I don't even know what to call it, bickering? catharsis?, in this and the other locked/deleted threads proves to me that this place should really bring back ATW. Instead of talking about who finds Whitby or Italia or rainwood* annoying, we could be talking about Obama, Boehner, Pelosi, Palin, Obamacare, tax cuts for the wealthy, etc. Instead of personal attacks we could be debating people's opinions -- knowing that it would never *change* an opinion but make for a healthy fight and an interesting read.

Basically I'm a lurker in this community, not much of a contributor. But in former days, when something was going on in the US or the world, I looked forward to coming here to read intelligent people's opinions on it. In my work, I don't often get to sit and chat with other adults so this was my outlet to seeing what thinking people thought about things. Lots of people saw things my way and lots didn't but I enjoyed reading it all. I miss it!

*haha, that is a joke. I doubt anyone ever found rainwood annoying. Last I noticed she had way less than a thousand posts but I always found them to be great ones! And deco -- I always look forward to what you have to say as well.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
davi_el_mejor|1289522051|2762744 said:

I'm sorry, I don't lurk or post often enough any more to know you, or your posts. So, I don't know. Are you? ;))

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maisie|1289521925|2762739 said:
No hard feelings Deco? Thats what you said. But true to form you are going to carry this on and on...
I don't have any hard feelings towards you, Maisie. And I'm just using your definition as a jumping off point for clarification. Would just like to know what the ground rules are for people's expectations of "proper" behavior. Mostly from Uppy, since she's the one who was turned off by folks talking behind each others' backs.

Come on now Deco. You don't seriously want to clarify this at all. You don't care one way or another. I think you just want to carry this along for the added snark opportunity. And thats fine if thats what floats your boat.

I don't think anyone who read Whitby's posts can say that she deserves to be talked about the way she was. I also want to say that I am not naive in the slightest. I try to be nice and avoid hurting peoples feelings. I'm coming to the realisation that this must annoy some of my fellow posters too.

I honestly don't believe for one minute you have never talked about someone behind their back Deco. Just because you 'shoot from the hip' doesn't mean you don't backbite too.

Maisie, if you annoy your fellow posters (i.e. me, since I can only speak for myself), it's not because you're nice and don't want to hurt people's feelings (which you are, btw, nice that is). It's because you say the kind of stuff above that is so tunnel vision it bugs me (see! I can be bugged!) You assume people's feelings and actions (in the case of what you think Deco is doing) but can't understand why people would make their own assumptions about someone else's (in the case of Whitby) when it's different from your own.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
HollyS|1289522195|2762747 said:

I'm sorry, I don't lurk or post often enough any more to know you, or your posts. So, I don't know. Are you? ;))
Haahaha, no worries, I'm relatively new. :D

Am I? That part of the PS Soap Opera storyline won't be revealed until dad I mean Kenny comes back (if he comes back) and we have another 24hr thread... :devil:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maria D|1289522133|2762746 said:
All of this, I don't even know what to call it, bickering? catharsis?, in this and the other locked/deleted threads proves to me that this place should really bring back ATW. Instead of talking about who finds Whitby or Italia or rainwood* annoying, we could be talking about Obama, Boehner, Pelosi, Palin, Obamacare, tax cuts for the wealthy, etc. Instead of personal attacks we could be debating people's opinions -- knowing that it would never *change* an opinion but make for a healthy fight and an interesting read.

Basically I'm a lurker in this community, not much of a contributor. But in former days, when something was going on in the US or the world, I looked forward to coming here to read intelligent people's opinions on it. In my work, I don't often get to sit and chat with other adults so this was my outlet to seeing what thinking people thought about things. Lots of people saw things my way and lots didn't but I enjoyed reading it all. I miss it!

*haha, that is a joke. I doubt anyone ever found rainwood annoying. Last I noticed she had way less than a thousand posts but I always found them to be great ones! And deco -- I always look forward to what you have to say as well.

AHHHHHH! YESSSSSSSSS! I want you all to *bug* me because you're a bunch of liberals. Yes, I'm talkin' to YOU Deco!!!!!!!!! :devil:

Great call Maria D.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree Maria! I'd love for ATW to return because I love reading other people's thoughts on different matters, and the debates always made for an entertaining evening. There's always a line that gets crossed though and it gets out of hand, which is why I don't think ATW will come back.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
haha, yes Tgal, you are one of the intelligent ones whose *wrong* conservative opinion I used to enjoy reading!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Is it completely against the rules for anyone to actually say WHAT happened to send Whitby to never-never land?

I don't want to get into any nastiness, and I won't criticize her at this point; I was just curious as I was completely unaware that she was no longer here.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Zoe|1289522492|2762756 said:
I agree Maria! I'd love for ATW to return because I love reading other people's thoughts on different matters, and the debates always made for an entertaining evening. There's always a line that gets crossed though and it gets out of hand, which is why I don't think ATW will come back.

Usually the line is when you call someone an effing idiot. It's just so harsh. If you want to express that, we should have a rule that you just say "You Mofo!" Mofo just isn't *that* ire inspiring. Threads would stay alive of we simply mofo'd them.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
davi_el_mejor|1289522394|2762752 said:
HollyS|1289522195|2762747 said:

Haahaha, no worries, I'm relatively new. :D

Am I? That part of the PS Soap Opera storyline won't be revealed until dad I mean Kenny comes back (if he comes back) and we have another 24hr thread... :devil:
Lol! I love you and Kenny! Plus, you both have pretty colored diamonds. :love:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
HollyS, I don't know either..but I think you have to find and join a Facebook group to find out!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maria D|1289522538|2762758 said:
haha, yes Tgal, you are one of the intelligent ones whose *wrong* conservative opinion I used to enjoy reading!

Hey now!... Mofo!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Maisie|1289521925|2762739 said:

Maisie, you like Whitby and you miss her posting here (to whatever degree). You have been clear on that so why not leave it at that. There is no point in you mentioning it again, unless you want to drag it back up - which of course is your right.

I personally don't love the "I miss X, where has he/she gone" comments. If somebody posts great, if not, then great too. People have lives to live and whether we miss their posts or hope the door doesn't swing to hit them in the a$$ as they leave is immaterial. What good can come of it?

Maybe sometimes X poster is lurking in the bushes growing his/her ego and is delighted to return to a captive audience, maybe sometimes X poster is on a break or an enforced break.

What does it matter, if somebody doesn't post maybe we should leave them be instead of stirring the post by saying how much we miss them esp. if you have knowledge that they are uninvited to post for the time being. (or whatever happened)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whatever TGal, you're a liberal in conservative clothing. :tongue:

I missed whatever went on, but I have to say that I very much miss the ATW of days gone by. This past election could have been very interesting...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

TravelingGal|1289522620|2762761 said:

Usually the line is when you call someone an effing idiot. It's just so harsh. If you want to express that, we should have a rule that you just say "You Mofo!" Mofo just isn't *that* ire inspiring. Threads would stay alive of we simply mofo'd them.

Gotcha. :bigsmile:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1289522441|2762754 said:
Maria D|1289522133|2762746 said:

AHHHHHH! YESSSSSSSSS! I want you all to *bug* me because you're a bunch of liberals. Yes, I'm talkin' to YOU Deco!!!!!!!!! :devil:

Great call Maria D.

Fascinating assessment, Maria D. & you're probably right! When folks don't have *substantial* stuff to debate over, they're much more apt to spat over petty things. And, TGal -- bring. it. on. J/K -- I have political fatigue. So much apathy. Some social stuff I could muster some fire up for -- but political stuff zzzzzzzzz.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock

Omg, I agree about mofo. I also like mother fo, my mom always messes up swear words and phrases so she says motherfo.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
FrekeChild|1289522736|2762768 said:

I missed whatever went on, but I have to say that I very much miss the ATW of days gone by. This past election could have been very interesting...

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

*gasp sputter*

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1289522865|2762774 said:
FrekeChild|1289522736|2762768 said:

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

*gasp sputter*
Tee hee hee.... :naughty:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1289522349|2762751 said:
Maisie, if you annoy your fellow posters (i.e. me, since I can only speak for myself), it's not because you're nice and don't want to hurt people's feelings (which you are, btw, nice that is). It's because you say the kind of stuff above that is so tunnel vision it bugs me (see! I can be bugged!) You assume people's feelings and actions (in the case of what you think Deco is doing) but can't understand why people would make their own assumptions about someone else's (in the case of Whitby) when it's different from your own.

Its not that at all. I promise you. I know there will be people who get irritated by other people. I just can't understand why/where the nastiness came in.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maisie|1289523024|2762779 said:
TravelingGal|1289522349|2762751 said:

Its not that at all. I promise you. I know there will be people who get irritated by other people. I just can't understand why/where the nastiness came in.

Fair enough...your mind, your thoughts, your right. Just yell "mofo!" ;))

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Our family's xmases can get pretty fiesty. Last year we initiated a new method to cool things off. If someone was getting *heated* we'd mime shooting them with a animal tranquilizer gun & holler "TRANQ!". Same dif. :bigsmile:

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I suggest PS has a "banned" list sort of like the "who's online now" list. It would be nice to learn why people are currently on an enforced break...esp vs who just decided that deco and tgal being snarky mofos was too much to handle.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perhaps I can't handle the snarky mofo's when they are snarking at someone I care about. I should just stop liking people. That way I won't be bothered.

Alternatively I could learn to be a snarky mofo. ;))

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
charbie|1289523190|2762783 said:
I suggest PS has a "banned" list sort of like the "who's online now" list. It would be nice to learn why people are currently on an enforced break...esp vs who just decided that deco and tgal being snarky mofos was too much to handle.

We need a Facebook type-app where we can 'thumbs up' a comment. Thumbs up!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
will there be a ho fo sho list?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results