shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I am having a hard time finding a bathing suit...being that it is now winter in the States. Ugh.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for the kind words and support: NEL, Yssie, Kaleigh and MC.

To make matter worse, the stars are just mal-aligned for us today. Dad called up this morning and said he wants to pay us an impromptu visit. He lives in Dubai, and to fly out TOMORROW for one week will cost serious $$$$. He's been a little down lately, so that would explain why.

Then 30 minutes ago, MIL called and said she is catching the next train over to our city. She said things are not okay (but didn't say why), and said she needs to stay with us for a while. I'm guessing she had a row with my FIL - but they have never had a fight before. I expected this would happen one day, because both have been shoving major issues under the carpet for years.

Then BIL and his wife are having serious marital issues. They only tied the knot earlier this year, and BIL wasn't too excited/happy to marry her. Not sure why he did, but he did.

When it rains, it just absolutely freakin' pours. I just want to have a hot bowl of chicken soup and cuddle under a blanket.

Sorry for my pity party, please ignore me. I just needed to get this off my chest and snap back to reality.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kama_s|1289403936|2760024 said:
Thank you so much for the kind words and support: NEL, Yssie, Kaleigh and MC.

To make matter worse, the stars are just mal-aligned for us today. Dad called up this morning and said he wants to pay us an impromptu visit. He lives in Dubai, and to fly out TOMORROW for one week will cost serious $$$$. He's been a little down lately, so that would explain why.

Then 30 minutes ago, MIL called and said she is catching the next train over to our city. She said things are not okay (but didn't say why), and said she needs to stay with us for a while. I'm guessing she had a row with my FIL - but they have never had a fight before. I expected this would happen one day, because both have been shoving major issues under the carpet for years.

Then BIL and his wife are having serious marital issues. They only tied the knot earlier this year, and BIL wasn't too excited/happy to marry her. Not sure why he did, but he did.

When it rains, it just absolutely freakin' pours. I just want to have a hot bowl of chicken soup and cuddle under a blanket.

Sorry for my pity party, please ignore me. I just needed to get this off my chest and snap back to reality.

kama! I'm so sorry for everything thats going on right now. It seems to be that time of year for everyone! HUGS!
And your BIL probably got married because he didn't know what real love is supposed to be like and a good relationship is supposed to be like. I married my ex because "it's just what you do after you've been together that long."
If you need to get out and about, I'm free if you want to take me for a driving lesson ::)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo, $40 isn't a lot of money to lose on a stupid ebay purchase right? :oops: I bid on an 18k ring in the last half hour because it was looking like a good deal maybe. Then I noticed the seller had 0 feedback. Argh. And is in Thailand. I feel dumb. I sat there hoping someone would outbid me, but they didn't. :shock:

Wishing everyone better luck today, and hope the stars line up again. Things have been crappy for me too, but just in a general sense. Better days everyone.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm six days late! Now that I've posted that, surely things will be okay. Sigh!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lyra|1289411162|2760113 said:
Sooo, $40 isn't a lot of money to lose on a stupid ebay purchase right? :oops: I bid on an 18k ring in the last half hour because it was looking like a good deal maybe. Then I noticed the seller had 0 feedback. Argh. And is in Thailand. I feel dumb. I sat there hoping someone would outbid me, but they didn't. :shock:

Wishing everyone better luck today, and hope the stars line up again. Things have been crappy for me too, but just in a general sense. Better days everyone.

Can you back out of it? How much feedback do you have?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1289411233|2760115 said:
lyra|1289411162|2760113 said:

Can you back out of it? How much feedback do you have?

Aw thanks MC. I have 50 feedback. I guess I'll take my chances first. I suppose I can dispute if it doesn't arrive or if it is not as described. But then it's hardly worth it for $40.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1289411181|2760114 said:

Good luck? I don't know what else to say. Seems like we're having a real off-day here on PS. I hope everything works out okay MC. Take care.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow KAMA ... that is a lot at once. You deserve some soup for sure.

NEL ... ooooh, housewares. Something fresh to obsess about. :twirl:

Hugs and/or good luck to my other sweet peeps on here. Hoping everyone's situations work out & that venting here gives a little relief. (It did for me!)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lyra|1289411616|2760124 said:
MC|1289411181|2760114 said:

Good luck? I don't know what else to say. Seems like we're having a real off-day here on PS. I hope everything works out okay MC. Take care.

hahaha Thanks. I just took a test and it came back neg., but it's after 11 am and I had some water to drink so I didn't exactly follow directions. Will take another tomorrow morning if necessary.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Strawdermangrl|1289399279|2759978 said:
I am having a hard time finding a bathing suit...being that it is now winter in the States. Ugh.
For my vacation, I ended up buying one (w/tags) from ebay. It was a Miraclesuit that was sold out all over. Not sure about your timeline, but mine came pretty quickly & still had that *keeping things fresh inside* sticky in it so I know it wasn't previously worn. Might be an idea for you. Good luck!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I'm worrying about a kitten I'm fostering. I picked her up at the vet this morning after she was spayed. While I was at the desk checking out, the guy I had been sitting next to got up and accidentally knocked over her cage! He apologized profusely, and I hightailed it out of there to get her home (after checking that she hadn't opened her incision, of course). So on top of being loopy from anaesthesia, possibly sore from the surgery, and terrified at being in a crowded waiting room, now she is traumatized by having fallen on the floor. GRRRR. She seemed as well as could be expected when I got her home, ate a little, and was purring when I petted her, but I'm stuck at work now hoping she's OK alone. Luckily my husband will be home soon and can check on her, but I feel so bad. :(sad

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
decodelighted|1289417482|2760232 said:
Strawdermangrl|1289399279|2759978 said:
For my vacation, I ended up buying one (w/tags) from ebay. It was a Miraclesuit that was sold out all over. Not sure about your timeline, but mine came pretty quickly & still had that *keeping things fresh inside* sticky in it so I know it wasn't previously worn. Might be an idea for you. Good luck!

Ohh, All over that. I was looking at Zappos as well. Who knew they had SO much stuff!!? Not I. Miraclesuit- so explain this to me, scary suck in suit or what? I am intrigued. I have to get a 1 piece for this trip as I am going to be diving and figured that would be more appropriate. Who knows though. :)

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
It's almost time for my birthday and thanksgiving. I'm excited :)

iLander|1289362167|2759750 said:
Random: I hate my oven timer.

It makes the most annoying, incessant, piercing, shrill, REPEATING beep ever devised. It totally takes the fun out of cooking. It's a Frigidaire.

My last oven was also bad, it just beeped once and then never again. If you missed it, too dang bad, your food's burned. It was Amana.

The one before that was a GE, it was pleasant, but not too soft or shrill. I am sad that GE doesn't make appliances anymore (they sold that business unit last year, FYI. Now GE will be just a name, made by multiple manufacturers, I think).

They can send a person to the moon, but they can't make a stinking oven timer . . . :rolleyes:

I have frigidaire as well, my issue is the microwave is way too quiet (the timer) but the cooking done timer (using microwave) is OBNOXIOUS! And don't even think of opening that door before hitting end on the beeps. If I open the door it will continue to beep even if I try to stop it. That, and I didn't think of how freaking stupid it is to get a stainless appliances! Now, if I cook anything on my right side burner, the handle of the microwave above it gets really really really hot. :evil:

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I realize that I am probably too old for this but I can't keep kicking it around.

Why aren't I just selling everything I own and moving some crazy place??

Yeah, I am thinking about it...a lot. Odd, but true.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Strawdermangrl|1289491529|2761517 said:
I realize that I am probably too old for this but I can't keep kicking it around.

Why aren't I just selling everything I own and moving some crazy place??

Yeah, I am thinking about it...a lot. Odd, but true.

Do Eeet

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
I'm officially going on a (FREE!!!) vacation in January with my SO, paid for by his company! The tickets have been booked, Miami to Mexico cruise ... then partying back in Miami for an additional night before we fly home.

Berryluv

Rough_Rock
I wish I could go on a vacation. Sigh..........

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To each his own.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
April: Wrong thread! I just did the exact same thing as well - posted something here instead of on the 24 hr thread.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ut oh! THANKS!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it gone? The 24 hour thread? I thought it would be up for 24 hours?!!!!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
So, if you ever want to have a thread IMMEDIATELY removed, just post an email from a banned member.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I know, I thought we had a few more hours! It was fun while it lasted, though.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
kama_s|1289513977|2762508 said:

Did it JUST disappear, just now? I tried to post and I got a msg. that said I wasn't allowed to post on that forum (an error msg I guess). When I tried to go back it wouldn't let me and now I don't see that thread. :confused:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kama_s|1289513977|2762508 said:

I think it's gone... it disappeared before my very eyes!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
NewEnglandLady|1289514036|2762509 said:
So, if you ever want to have a thread IMMEDIATELY removed, just post an email from a banned member.
Aw man! I was only on p. 26! I was determined to get through it tonight. :bigsmile:

April20

Ideal_Rock
Dammit. I walked away for five minutes. FIVE MINUTES.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
NewEnglandLady|1289514036|2762509 said:
Is THAT what happened? I missed it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results