shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Zoe and Packrat. I''ve been drinking so much water, orange juice and now some ginger ale today. It is a very bad day to be sick! DH just made me some soup with fresh veggies and that made me feel a lot better!

Packrat - I''ll look forward to your snow pictures. I LOVE snow!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
my mom turned Christmas dinner into a conversation about wedding planning, my religious views, and views on having kids.
20.gif
We had a lot of fun, I love my family!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, sorry trillionaire. I can relate, although in addition, my mom also always manages to bring up my weight (I''m always either too fat or too thin) and how I would benefit from facial surgery.

I went to lunch with my parents to see some of their old friends, and one friend hadn''t seen me in a few years went "Oh wow, you''re so skinny! It''s like a magic trick, where did the rest of you go?" Thanks...I think..?

I''m also amazed at how often my parents get my age wrong, and I''m an only child!

That is funny, because christmas eve was also about when/ if I have children.

Then Fi thought it would be super funny to mention (as a joke) we were going to "carry on the tradition" of getting knocked up before the wedding (my grandma AND mom were both 1-2 months pregnant at their weddings :) ) .... he said this at christmas dinner in front of some religious family. Ahhhh... I laughed!

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
LOL, swedish_bean. Looks like he figured out where to apply the leverage, hehe.

I hate rude and demanding eBay customers. Not only do they expect the item at a giveaway price, they feel it''s okay to make extra demands on the seller, too. I sold something, and immediately got an email from her, the buyer. She said she wanted it double boxed, shipped fast so it would get there before a certain date she before she left for Vegas, and to send her the tracking information. So, I hustled around, shipped it out that same day, sent her the tracking, *and* that item was delivered well before Christmas and a full 6 days ahead of her departure date. She''s had that item for several days now. Per the date she gave me, she still has not left for Vegas. And, she still has never bothered to post feedback for me. My, aren''t some people busy. I sent her an email that said, literally, "I have jumped through your hoops and met your deadlines. You have had that item "x" days. Now, please post your feedback." I''ll probably get a neg. And it was so worth it, LOL!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FI is winning in his fantasy football league.

He''s so excited, it''s adorable
5.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can I just say , I am sooo proud of my Ashley who graduated early?? So proud of her!!
36.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to Ashley
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 9:20:55 PM
Author: yssie
36.gif
Thanks yssie. She had her best term yet, 4 A''s and a B+. She has a big job at Penn, for the senior gift fund, so will be staying there until graduation.

BUT, as a mom and all. I can''t believe I have a daughter that has graduated from college?? Man time sure flies by!!!
39.gif

Where does te time go??
33.gif

Not complaining, just having some agnst is all.

Maybe I am just being hormonal?? LOL!!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I logged onto a forum last night that I used to frequent regularly, but have slacked quite a bit since coming here...there were 2 threads for me there. They all know of my Johnny Depp addiction. There was a present thread for me w/a picture of Captain Jack Sparrow w/a Santa hat on, and a thread "All Missi Wants for Christmas" with a video of Mariah Carey''s Christmas song w/pictures of Johnny Depp flashing thru it. hahahaha I laughed so hard!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw Congrats Kaleigh!! I go to Penn too, hehe, if you ever need a collaborator to plan a surprise for your daughter on campus, I''ll gladly help if I can!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
one of my connecting flights was cancelled. it's been 8 hours since american sent me an automated notification of the flight's untimely demise, and they were supposed to call back when they resolved my schedule.
7.gif
guess i'm headed to the airport bright and early.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 9:12:34 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Can I just say , I am sooo proud of my Ashley who graduated early?? So proud of her!!
36.gif

That is WONDERFUL Lisa!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just re-watched Susan Boyle''s first appearance on Britain''s Got Talent . It still brings a tear to my eye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I learnt to solder today!!

I took links out of a couple of bracelets and earrings I've never worn because they're too long. All 925 and 14k.

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

I took the easy way out though - flux and solder in syringes
11.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Dysons are awesome!!! I just got one and I actually look forward to vaccuming now.
9.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2009 10:08:19 PM
I learnt to solder today!

I took links out of a couple of bracelets and earrings I''ve never worn because they''re too long. All 925 and 14k.

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

11.gif

You just learned how to do this, and you soldered on your own real jewelry?!?!?

Major congrats for major cojones!
36.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/31/2009 1:18:48 AM
Author: VRBeauty

Date: 12/30/2009 10:08:19 PM
I learnt to solder today!

I took links out of a couple of bracelets and earrings I've never worn because they're too long. All 925 and 14k.

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

11.gif

You just learned how to do this, and you soldered on your own real jewelry?!?!?

Major congrats for major cojones!
36.gif

Haha thanks, it was an adventure!

I used up a full 16" silver chain practising, and even then the joints weren't perfect. They were all pieces I could live without if things went horribly wrong - and I was removing joints, so even if I wound up turning the chain ends into blobs I had an easy way out, and the jewellery repair store is only three blocks away
3.gif
... I can't fathom doing this the real way, with hard solder - brushing on flux, chopping a sheet of metal into teeny tiny little bits and putting them where you want them, heating without the whole thing falling apart...
32.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/27/2009 9:39:38 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 12/27/2009 9:20:55 PM
36.gif
Thanks yssie. She had her best term yet, 4 A''s and a B+. She has a big job at Penn, for the senior gift fund, so will be staying there until graduation.

BUT, as a mom and all. I can''t believe I have a daughter that has graduated from college?? Man time sure flies by!!!
39.gif

Where does te time go??
33.gif

Not complaining, just having some agnst is all.

Maybe I am just being hormonal?? LOL!!!
Kaleigh
graduating from an Ivy league school is a big achievement
36.gif
... a big congrats to Ashley !!
36.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Ashley and Kaleigh! I always say, if you follow an intelligent child home you''ll find intelligent parents
36.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
A huge congrats to Ashley!!!!

I''m so ready for a nap, but won''t get one. I''m excited to bake tonight though.
11.gif
Crinkles and Lemondrops and Peanut butters OH MY

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Kaleigh and Ashley! What a huge accomplishment!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
We are almost ready to tile the house. Tomorrow we will PVA the floors and perhaps arrange the tiles in the order of placement. We are tickled pink to be doing something which is not structural; at last we are decorating!

Don''t get too excited, we still have to 2nd fix electrical & plumb, but it is progress!

In case you remember my tile rantings, I did go for marble in the kitchen, but I got the honed one. I got terracotta for the utility and limestone for the bathrooms. My tile shop gave me his wholesaler''s number so I got to buy direct and it saved a pile of €€€€''s!

36.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will never get back the time I spend on PS, FB, and other electronic diversions.

Hmmm...

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve watched The Hangover three times in the past month and my crush on Bradley Cooper has grown to epic proportions. Really, it''s ridiculous. I just googled him and watched about an hour''s worth of videos of him on YouTube and Hulu. I need to get a life.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s pouring large critters out here!

Hooray for being inside where it''s warm and cozy!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
The first printing of "There was an old woman who lived in a shoe" ended with this last line:

"She whipp''d all their bums and sent them to bed."

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''m tired of ice in Florida

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just realised today that my hair is eventually out of the short stage. I am almost shoulder length
16.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I just wanna say my 6 years ago engagement ring looks much better with a tourmaline!

mefirstresetproj.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results