shape
carat
color
clarity

I helped the economy by upgrading!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I traded in my beloved 1.234 ct WF ACA for a 1.624 ct HOF. The stone is a G SI1, completely eyeclean, and I used my original HOF setting. I had them change out the head from a tall straight one to a medium height that cups the stone. I''m thrilled with the results. Details of the upgrade and some pics are in this thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gvs2-or-gsi1.96522/

I''ve taken some more pics, so here goes...

Daylight pics 020 one ring close.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

Daylight pics 018 two rings.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say RisingSun to the White House! You''ve improved the economy in the most beautiful way possible! You have done more good than alot of our politicians so I vote to elect you!!
9.gif

Your new stone is gorgeous and I love the bigger stone in that mounting. I''m sure I''m jumping in between picture postings and I can''t wait to see the new prongs and head. I have seen that mounting and think that the only thing going against it is the straight up and down prongs. You managed to get it right and a bigger stone - way to go!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
New head...

side of head.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks spectacular! what a lovely set and i love the five stone band with it - gorgeous!
36.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
The required flower shot!

Once again 003 flowers.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful--congrats! I cannot believe how quickly that was all done!

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new head looks SO much better! I really like that change - I am truly happy for you!!

I also wanted to add that I love the six prong head - I've not always been a fan but everytime I see one it makes me think it makes the stone look larger. I can't help but think it also gives more girdle protection. I realize that a stone can be chipped and cracked between prongs as well but I have large sides of my stone that are just sitting out there waiting for the right whack! So far, so good but you never know. . .

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
And this one because I thought it was kewl
2.gif
That's all I've got for now. I hope you enjoyed my pics and my new ring
1.gif

ETA: On the original photo, you can see the arrows against the dark background much better
39.gif

Once again 001 arrows.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
oooooooooh so gorgeous!!! Your upgrade is good for the economy and good for my eyes too! Thanks! More photos please.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! What size are your side stones?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Close up pic of new head. In person, the prongs are very delicate...

close up new head.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 12:38:37 PM
Author: ImpatientOne
Gorgeous!!! What size are your side stones?
Thanks!! The side stones are 20 pointers.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that 20 points each for a total of 80 points for the mounting?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 12:11:53 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
I say RisingSun to the White House! You''ve improved the economy in the most beautiful way possible! You have done more good than alot of our politicians so I vote to elect you!!
9.gif

Your new stone is gorgeous and I love the bigger stone in that mounting. I''m sure I''m jumping in between picture postings and I can''t wait to see the new prongs and head. I have seen that mounting and think that the only thing going against it is the straight up and down prongs. You managed to get it right and a bigger stone - way to go!
You are so funny
9.gif
You know that you all enabled me to do this upgrade
3.gif
Changing the head made a big difference. If I had thought of it, I would have done it the first time around.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 12:45:57 PM
Is that 20 points each for a total of 80 points for the mounting?
Yes, 80 cttw. The wedding band is also 20 pointers each. It''s a good thing I had my jeweler reappraise my semimount and wedding band, because the price has gone up since I bought them. I think I need to have some of my other jewelry looked at with the increased costs for precious metals and diamonds
23.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 12:16:48 PM
Author: violet3
That looks spectacular! what a lovely set and i love the five stone band with it - gorgeous!
36.gif
Thank you, violet 3. What is that lovely stone in your avatar?

booswim542

Shiny_Rock
That is SOOOO pretty!

I didn''t see the old one, but I guess that doesn''t matter now, right?
Gorgeous!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 12:17:43 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Wonderful--congrats! I cannot believe how quickly that was all done!

cheers--Sharon
Sharon~it happened so quickly it made my head spin! Thanks for your kind words
1.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 12:28:03 PM
Author: CrownJewel
oooooooooh so gorgeous!!! Your upgrade is good for the economy and good for my eyes too! Thanks! More photos please.
Thank you CrownJewel
1.gif
I will try to take some more pics. If I don''t, Ellen will start with the foot-tapping again
2.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2008 12:48:34 PM
Author: risingsun

Date: 10/5/2008 12:11:53 PM
9.gif

You are so funny
9.gif
You know that you all enabled me to do this upgrade
3.gif
Changing the head made a big difference. If I had thought of it, I would have done it the first time around.
Well, in a 700 billion dollar deal, there wasn''t a diamond in the bunch! What kind of deal is that??

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the upgrade and helping our economy!! It''s a gorgeous stone. I really like the new head, it''s very pretty!!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 12:55:03 PM
Author: booswim542
That is SOOOO pretty!

I didn''t see the old one, but I guess that doesn''t matter now, right?
Gorgeous!
Thanks booswim! I would love to get some fire shots the way you did in your avatar. I just can''t do it
38.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 12:58:41 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Congrats on the upgrade and helping our economy!! It''s a gorgeous stone. I really like the new head, it''s very pretty!!!
I appreciate your kind words, Kaleigh. The upgrade has been in my head for quite awhile. Once I got started, it happened very quickly. My fellow-PSers convinced me that it was my patriotic duty!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on the new diamond and on your very pretty set! Yes, we must all do our patriotic duty, and keep this economy moving.
12.gif
I''ve been considering setting a new diamond with ruby and sapphire side-stones, but I''m thinking that may be making my patriotism too obvious!
9.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning! I love your set, and your new stone is gorgeous!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Your set is gorgeous!

Congrats on the upgrade!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, WOW, Risingsun - now that''s what I call an UPGRADE!!!!! It''s gorgeous and takes up LOADS of room on your finger! Thanks for stimulating the economy a little!

2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful new stone. Congrats!

mrsv

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely new stone, and the HOF setting is great....really!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results