shape
carat
color
clarity

I have w-bands on the mind... Help me pick!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''ve started the hunt for the perfect wedding band. My ering has a matching band, but I''m not sure I want it for two reasons.

First, I''d like to be able to wear my w-band on its own and that particular band wouldn''t look very good on its own. Second, the original design has a .50ct (5.2mm) centerstone, two .10ct marquise sides (2mm X 4mm) and a 1.2mm shank. Mine has .13ct sides (the jeweller put them in because that''s what he had in stock and didn''t charge us more for them) and they are closer to 2.5mm X 4.5mm, so the difference in proportion to the centerstone is pretty noticeable. I''m concerned that the matching band with .13ct stones as well would overwhelm my beautiful diamond, and I really wouldn''t want that.

I''ve tried on some bands with my ering, but the places I visited didn''t have anything thinner than 2mm and it doesn''t look good at all with my ring.

I thought about having a matching 1.2mm plain rounded band made, and then I thought maybe the 1.5mm eternity band from Signed Pieces would be nice (or a 1.2mm replica), and then I thought maybe it''d be nice to add a little colour and have a diamond and sapphire eternity band made to match...
19.gif
You all know how terribly indecisive I am, and I''ve been going back and forth on this for the last few days. Or maybe someone here has a better idea?

I''ll attach a few pics in case someone wants to have fun with Photoshop. I hope they''re not useless. TIA!

th_2-1.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
The first pic is the original design, from my jeweller''s website.

Here''s a hand shot of mine...

Copy of Photoanchor310133.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Another handshot, if it helps.

PhotoRoxane009.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Last one.

Photoanchor31015.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Now to the wedding bands...

1.5 rounded plain

plain1.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
SP 1.5mm eternity, which I could also have made with sapphires and diamonds.

speternity1.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
you just have to get the all marquise one!!
I love the wavy romantic look with your ring

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
I love the marquise one as well.
Sorry I can''t help with photoshop. Hopefully someone can post the 2 rings together.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I think i made this band pretty much to scale to your e-ring Anchor considering those diamonds are 12.5 pointers and yours are 13.
I will make other bands later today
35.gif

Anchor8601.jpg

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
WOW! That looks awesome.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 10:01:01 AM
Author: Pricescope
I think i made this band pretty much to scale to your e-ring Anchor considering those diamonds are 12.5 pointers and yours are 13.
I will make other bands later today
35.gif

I LOVE that band! I''ve seen it in other thread and it''s one of my favorites. I think it looks very nice with your engagement ring.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
there it is!!! Your one and only!!!
I love it!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Oooh... That does look nice, doesn''t it? *ponders* I should ask my jeweller for a quote...

Thanks a lot, Irina!
35.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Would be great if real pictures from our members be posted here, i found Demelza's band and had it fitted onto your finger Anchor. Will look for more...

AnchorDem.jpg

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I love the all marquise band with your ring!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the slightly more delicate marquise band that Irina photoshopped *yesterday* would be perfect for you!! Have to look for the pix -- I know she''d changed out some sapphires to diamonds & I could only find the sapphire pix so far. Hmmmm...

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love the marquise band, it looks beautiful with your engagement ring. GREAT job Irina!!!!!!!!!

Linda

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
The marquis band!!! I love
30.gif
it!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the band Irina made for Mustangfan ... I thought it was too delicate for her detalied, wide e-ring .. but I bet it would look perfect here!!!!

mustangpix.jpg

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for the marquis band- I just love it!! It''s perfect with your ering and something a bit unusual.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Oh my... Decisions, decisions...
19.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, you know me... I'm a total lover of plain bands - they go with everything and never go out of style!

oooh but I love that marquise band with it (the first one that Irina photoshopped) its perfect!! But I'd get both rings - solid and diamond haha

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Anchor, seems like the majority loves the all marq band, why don't you get a quote from you jeweler for let's say 12.5 pointers and get back here?
My only concern with this one as a wedding band would be those X shaped prongs catching up on things, especially underneath the finger.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Irina - Will do. I wonder if smaller stones would look better... (ie: 10 pointers)

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I think smaller stones definitely even 7 pointers would look good

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 2:25:30 PM
My only concern with this one as a wedding band would be those X shaped prongs catching up on things, especially underneath the finger.

I agree -- that''s another reason I thought the alternating marq. & rounds in bezels might be ideal???

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 2:59:08 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 4/25/2007 2:25:30 PM

I agree -- that's another reason I thought the alternating marq. & rounds in bezels might be ideal???
I see your point Deco.

About smaller marq - 1. I don't know if they are available, too pointy...anyway ask for 12 pt and less and see what he can get for you.
And 2. The band width might be too small for say 7 pointers to be safe. And 3. There will be yet another pattern with more stones which may not repeat e-rings pattern at all or at least not as good as the one shown.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. Waiting to hear back from the jeweller.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results