shape
carat
color
clarity

I have received my spessartite pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I offer a different perspective?

I work in an industry where people can be judged on their appearance before they''ve even opened their mouth. Is this right? Absolutely not and I can''t tell you the number of times a scruffy individual has sat in front of me and I''ve made (incorrect) assumptions about him or her before they''ve even spoken to me. This is a human trait and we all do it, consciously or subconsciously. The goal however, is not to let that first perception cloud your judgement further and judge the person on what they say and how they behave. This can be difficult if the person has, unknowingly, put themselves on the back foot. I am NOT talking about patients who have mental health issues here - but making a general statement about the public at large!

Quite often my first impressions have been wrong and I hope I''ve been open-minded enough to re-evaluation my position. From what Crasru has said, I''m pretty sure that''s the case with her too (and I''m reading between the lines here).

Lastly, we all have our own opinions on what is appropriate to wear and when. This differs enormously from country to country. I used to always wear a business suit to work and men wore suit and ties. I do so much less often now. However, I am always smart and the thought of being overly casual isn''t for me. I work for an American company and actually their ethos is very different and they are very smart-casual orientated and men will never wear a tie. I think that this is a culture thing and I can also understand that Crasru''s roots and upbringing may play a part in this also (as they do for me). I was also brought up to call my elders Mr and Mrs as a mark of respect. That has all but disappeared now and people seem to be far more informal.

I have to say however that there was one occasion where I had a young girl sit in front of me, wanting me to take her seriously with her shirt unbuttoned to nearly her waist and her lady mountains on show, without a bra and totally exposed (not just the middle but the whole kit and caboodle). I have to say that I had to draw the line at that! First impressions are sometimes a bit too much to conquer!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2010 8:25:37 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
May I offer a different perspective?

I have to say however that there was one occasion where I had a young girl sit in front of me, wanting me to take her seriously with her shirt unbuttoned to nearly her waist and her lady mountains on show, without a bra and totally exposed (not just the middle but the whole kit and caboodle). I have to say that I had to draw the line at that! First impressions are sometimes a bit too much to conquer!
I know some guys that would probably take her a bit more seriously!! LOL!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results