shape
carat
color
clarity

I Guess Leon Didn''t Like The Ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i think he used a very poor choice of words describing this piece of jewelry. in my opinion, one doesn't need to degrade others jewelry or tastes. i feel it reflects poorly on him.. if he really thinks it is that "cheap" and ugly he should just absorb the cost and not try to sell it. i thought, from what i read here, that he was known for not doing things he found "unacceptable". no?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, it does prove that he will make something that a customer wants even if he doesn''t like it
40.gif

I do think he should have just left the ring and his comments off his site..

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Wow, the description has me running to the phone to contact his company and purchase that ring. Okay, not so much. That''s really a strange marketing tactic.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 8:50:43 AM
Author: mrssalvo
well, it does prove that he will make something that a customer wants even if he doesn't like it
40.gif

I do think he should have just left the ring and his comments off his site..
Right...he'll make the ring, and then shame your bad taste and apparent cheap-ness to anyone looks at his site...

I have never dealt with him personally, and he does beautiful work, but he just seems, um, like kind of a not so nice person.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe he didn''t like the customer and wanted to make sure that the person would never come back. (It sort of reminds me of when Jimi Hendrix would play a beautiful guitar solo and then apologize for fooling around and wasting the audience''s time.)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry but that description is just plain rude. What''s that old saying? If you can''t say something nice then don''t say anything at all!

widget

Ideal_Rock
LOL...poor Leon. He really does need a PR consultant!!
20.gif

widget

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi widget! i don't mean to disagree with you about leon needing a pr person but i think this board does a tremendous job of promoting him. most everyone here is so happy with his work and free with praise. i have no problem with that. i have seen some great work he has done here.

he seems to be teflon with regard to his "mistakes" and rude behavior. a charmed life for now but sometimes this type of behavior catches up with a person after a while.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
pffffffft why did he even post it if he''s too good for his own work? LOL Was it a slap in the face to the owner of that ring? Gotta love the "didn''t find it useful" to set the yellow stones... like *any* diamond ring is *useful* LOL!! I like it better with the small touches of yellow than I would have with just plain... but hey, if he didn''t like it why did he put it up there? He''s insulting his client and making himself look foolish.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 9:19:16 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Wow, the description has me running to the phone to contact his company and purchase that ring. Okay, not so much. That''s really a strange marketing tactic.
I didn''t get the ring was for sale. What I got was what mrs salvo said - that he''s implying he''ll do things even if he doesn''t like them which is just silly.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 10:28:15 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

I didn''t get the ring was for sale. What I got was what mrs salvo said - that he''s implying he''ll do things even if he doesn''t like them which is just silly.

I don''t think it is for sale. It''s just in the regular "show off" section, right? Doesn''t say it''s for sale.

Which makes it even WEIRDER that he would bother putting it on his website at all! Odd man...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 10:33:40 AM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 6/6/2007 10:28:15 AM

I don''t think it is for sale. It''s just in the regular ''show off'' section, right? Doesn''t say it''s for sale.

Which makes it even WEIRDER that he would bother putting it on his website at all! Odd man...
I know I would never work with him LOL

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
23.gif
That is really sad. Our jeweler told me the same thing about channel setting rounds in a band when my DH and I went in to choose our wedding bands...but he didn''t make me feel BAD about suggesting such a thing!
38.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope his customer doesn''t see this!! He should have left the comments to himself!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/6/2007 10:59:20 AM
Author: Kaleigh
I hope his customer doesn''t see this!! He should have left the comments to himself!!
Ditto.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I have to say.....I''m totally not surprised by this at all. It''s absolutely in keeping with my perception of him.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to be in awe of LM. Drooled over all his work and the rings posted here (and on his website) but as of late, I am reading more about his personality which has turned me off. I tried to write off some of them as him being the artsy temperamental type but I''m rethinking that now too. I mean, I don''t want to be the customer that he talks about behind my back to other customers and then posts demeaning opinions about my taste for the world to see on his website.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I thought the ring was kind of neat, love that two-tone look...hate the attitude. Shame, such talent.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 10:46:03 AM
Author: monarch64
23.gif
That is really sad. Our jeweler told me the same thing about channel setting rounds in a band when my DH and I went in to choose our wedding bands...but he didn't make me feel BAD about suggesting such a thing!
38.gif
It's just a *look* - a matter of taste. Granted it is a bit early 90's IMO (and I have an early 90's channel set round band to prove it LOL) but that doesn't make it "bad" or "wrong" or even "ugly". It's just yet another way to set stones and some people ::gasp:: prefer it!! Good for them!! Heck, when I got here I planned to get a 3/4 carat oval set in a yellow gold band with round channel set diamonds LOL oh boy did I diverge.....

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/6/2007 11:45:30 AM

Date: 6/6/2007 10:46:03 AM
Author: monarch64
23.gif
That is really sad. Our jeweler told me the same thing about channel setting rounds in a band when my DH and I went in to choose our wedding bands...but he didn''t make me feel BAD about suggesting such a thing!
38.gif
It''s just a *look* - a matter of taste. Granted it is a bit early 90''s IMO (and I have an early 90''s channel set round band to prove it LOL) but that doesn''t make it ''bad'' or ''wrong'' or even ''ugly''. It''s just yet another way to set stones and some people ::gasp:: prefer it!! Good for them!! Heck, when I got here I planned to get a 3/4 carat oval set in a yellow gold band with round channel set diamonds LOL oh boy did I diverge.....
I certainly didn''t mean to imply that I thought it was bad. I was the one who suggested to our jeweler that I wanted rounds channel set in an eternity band, the jeweler then told me he didn''t think I''d be happy with that style because the spaces in between the round diamonds tended to become dirty very quickly. Guess I should''ve specified exactly what our jeweler said in my first post. I''m not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone about settings, I just meant to say that a jeweler should never make a customer feel like they made the wrong decision especially when it comes to the "look" of something.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t take offense to Leon''s description at all. I think it''s a clever way of telling people what he DOESN''T want to do ... and I assume the bridge has been burned with this client anyhow - or, if it hasn''t, he doesn''t mind if it is. Also -- those who don''t share his sensibilities or appreciate his "straightforward" approach have even more evidence that HIS work and HIS style is not appropriate for THEIR projects. Win-Win.

BTW -- Mark Morrel has quite a lengthy rant on his site about "wannabe designers" and why he won''t work with them. People could easily take offense to that as well ... but I see it as effectively weeding out the projects THEY DON''T WANT ANYWAY. As every artist has a right to do. (If they wanna stay sane!)
9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 11:18:59 AM
Author: aljdewey
I have to say.....I''m totally not surprised by this at all. It''s absolutely in keeping with my perception of him.
same here.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
His description is funny, but not, at the same time. He obviously doesnt leave anyone to guess how he feels about it. Not very professional. Weird.

Edited to say I notice there is a rating box at the bottom......

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I agree, if you don''t have anything nice to say, keep your comments to yourself. I don''t think he should have put those comments on his website. What a weird marketing tactic.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 12:47:23 PM
Author: VegasAngel
His description is funny, but not, at the same time. He obviously doesnt leave anyone to guess how he feels about it. Not very professional. Weird.

I didn''t post this to say anything bad about Leon. I just thought it was weird and out of place. It is like... here is my catalog of rings. I did this ring, although I think it is beneath me. It is like a mass produced cheap ring... but my customer wanted it - that is my excuse.

Why even put the picture on our website? Hmmmm... maybe I will give this ring the highest rating?
41.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh boy. I hope the requester of that ring hasn't seen that. IMO he should have let sleeping dogs lie and not put it on his website if he has such disdain for the design! (Not enough disdain not to take the job, but enough disdain to discourage others from choosing it!) Yikes! (it's the 'cheap mass produced bands' part that is particularly biting)

chiefneil

Shiny_Rock
That description is hilarious! "I made this ugly POS cheap mall-jewelry ring for a customer with no taste. Check out how ugly it is, I can''t believe I stooped this low!"

After seeing that, I would definitely never use the guy for anything. Reminds me of a restaurant I ate at once, a little place in Paris. The food wasn''t that great and DW and I only had a few bites, leaving nearly full plates. After the waitress took our plates away, the cook came out of the kitchen frowning with her. She pointed to us and they were clearly having a conversation about us, no doubt saying something like "there''s the cretins who didn''t like your food, let''s throw them out".

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I would never every buy from someone who puts down his customers like that. I was looking at his website and there is another ring, a 3 stone ring where he commetns that he does not like how thick the ring is but he did it at the customers request even though he thought it was not something he liked.

I just went on and gave the ring this thread is about 5 stars. I Think we shoud all go on and give that ring 5 stars and make his scratch his head and go Huh?

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 1:05:41 PM
Author: yellowsparkles

Date: 6/6/2007 12:47:23 PM
Author: VegasAngel

I didn''t post this to say anything bad about Leon. I just thought it was weird and out of place. It is like... here is my catalog of rings. I did this ring, although I think it is beneath me. It is like a mass produced cheap ring... but my customer wanted it - that is my excuse.

Why even put the picture on our website? Hmmmm... maybe I will give this ring the highest rating?
41.gif
I found the rating box strange I havent looked at other pages on his website, does he post pictures of his projects and ask people to rate them? Was this a piece that someone changed their mind on or is this a finished & paid for piece that he is degrading after the sale? Maybe a comment box would bet better.?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results