shape
carat
color
clarity

I got my Emerald cut!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your new stone, from another EC lover/owner. Sounds quite the honker, and I mean that in the best possible way!!! Can''t wait to see it!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
When I came back to my thread there was so many nice things for me to post back to! Yeah Tacori you are right I don't see why people disregard the ec they really are great performers. And I can't wait for all of you guys to see my DH's gift of my rhr, BUT I'M SO MAD RIGHT KNOW THAT I COULD SH*T!!! Well I have been waiting for my jeweler to call me all morning to tell me to come on down and pick up my ring, and well he never had called so I phoned him, only for him to tell me that a lady came in this morning going into fits because she closed her ering up in a car door and popped out the center stone!
29.gif
the part that got me was my ring was on the bench to be the first one to be worked on this morning and SHE HAD TO COME IN AND BE ALL CRYING
39.gif
!!! Kevin said that he would get to mine this evening or first thing in the morning he said that he knew that I was the kind that would understand. I guess I have to be, so it will be hopefully tomorrow.
29.gif
that still steams me royally!!!
29.gif
! I want my ring !!!
11.gif
it's not fair! I guess it will be tomorrow!
7.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know you must be disappoitned Kitty....
7.gif

BUT, come on now........if you were that lady and that happened to you, you know you''d be besides yourself and want your ring fixed asap too, right????

besides...you have that awesome new upgraded Ering to tide you over a few more hours
36.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Your right jetmal,
emembarrassed.gif
I''m not really all that bad! I just can''t wait to get my ring. I would have been in fits if that happened to me, I don''t mind if they fix her ring before setting mine, I''m glad in away to know that he didn''t just go and set mine in a rush so he could fix her''s. This way he can take his time on mine and keep her from falling apart at the seems at the same time. I do hope he can fix her ring...
emotion-18.gif
It would be so bad if he couldn''t.
emsad.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hang in there Kitty, I know it's frustrating but you only have one more sleep as we like to say here, plus your ring will be set and crafted with additional care from a grateful jeweller and the good karma too, that you graciously stepped aside for that poor gal!
36.gif
36.gif

Go and give your round diamond a thorough clean and have a manicure to get ready for tomorrow!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Manicure did you say manicure, it''s been so long since I''ve gotten to go and have a nice french manicure. I think I''ll see if I can get into the salon tonight and see if they can fit me in. Yeah it wouldn''t hurt I haven''t cleaned my round rock today I think I''ll do that. I want a steam cleaner so bad I can''t stand it. Thanks for such a good idea Lorelei!!!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I aim to please
31.gif
plus it would be nice to have a manicure to take your mind off the wait! A nice french would look super with your EC!
3.gif
Also for the handshots...hint hint!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I am so excited for you. I know it''s disappointing, but you''re absolutely right. You would not want your ring done in a shabby way to get it out of the way because he felt sorry for her. I just cannot wait to see your new sparkly. Congrats. BTW, I want to know the wine and the perfume you used to get your DH to agree to #1 the diamond, #2 getting it early. You are a bad girl, and I mean that in the nicest possible way.
2.gif

shay

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a disappointment! I know you aren''t *really* mad at the other lady. I mean, I would probably be crying too if I were her! Great idea on getting those nails ready for your upcoming photo session! So maybe the delay was good. (okay probably not but I am just trying to make you feel better!!!!) Can''t wait to see it!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Shaaaaaay!!!
emembarrassed.gif
hehe !!! I can be bad sometimes to get what I want
31.gif
, but my hubby has always been the type of man that when he wants something he just goes and gets it, he don''t like to wait. So it''s always been easy for me to get something when I want it and not have to wait. I''m very lucky that way, and I always tell him so!!!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Oh your so sweet! thanks tacori!!!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Oh God , I have a bigger problem then the emerald not getting set. My husband thought that a emerald was a radiant and a radiant was a emerald, and he don't like radiants so he thought , but he really doesn't like emeralds.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
!!! We went to the jewelers when he got home from work because he hasn't got to see the ring yet, the jeweler brought out the setting and hubby loved it and then he got the stone and hubby was like no that's not her stone and I was like yes it is!!!
23.gif
Then hubby was like you know I don't like radiants
32.gif
OMG!!! I was like thats a emerald not a radiant!!! So he was like if you like it get it and I was like I don't want something from my hubby that he don't even like and the sh*t hit the fan right in the middle of the jewelry store... So kevin said that he could get a radiant the would fit the setting because of the length the setting is made for so I don't know what I'm going to do, that's what hubby wants I like radiants just as much as any other stone I just can't believe hubby had the two mixed up and the whole time he thought I was talking about the other... More later...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHAT?!?!? Oh No! So you are going to change stones? I do think out of the two people prefer one over the other. Would an EC grow on him? You have to get the EC!
15.gif
But I am sure whatever you decide will be a BEAUTIFUL RHR.

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
Oh no!
6.gif
There is a big difference between the two. Which one do YOU like better? Cause (imo) it''s more important for you to be completely thrilled with it. I hope everything works out! (i vote for the emerald)

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Kitty.....I''m so sorry for all your mix-ups, but I do have to admit that I did get a chuckle out of the radiant-EC/EC-radiant mix-up that your poor DH had to endure....I know it''s not funny, but it''s ironic that you and he had such different ideas of what you wanted! Hopefully it''ll get all worked out!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
I''m back again, well yeah in away it is funny ( hubby don''t know much about diamonds ) when I told him he thought that I was getting a radiant because that was really the one he liked ( he works alot not much time at home but to sleep ) Oh don''t get me wrong I thought when I said emerald that he thought emerald I never knew either that he thought one was the other. Kevin told him that the setting called for a long style stone so it was made for a radiant or a emerald ( length to width you know ) so I don''t know hubby wants me to get a radiant he loves them !!! Just all this time I thought he was loving emeralds. I don''t know I guess everyone will just have to wait to tomorrow and see, Kevin wants us" both" to come back tomorrow, that he thinks he can even get us the ring at a cheaper price if we go for radiant well you know hubby likes that. The thing I keep thinking about is didiamonds thread about her 5. something ct radiant and how it made my mouth water!!!! So I''ll have to just see!!! Wish me luck!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a joy kill. I personally don''t like most radiants. I have seen some on here that have made me rethink that statement but on a whole they just don''t do it for me. I think it is funny how men have such strong opinions on jewelery. My FI hates RBs. Too bad though because someday I would love and plan to own one. He''ll get over it!
11.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Well just got back home me and hubby have been at the jewelers all morning. I talked to hubby all night about the emerald to see if it would grow on him, by what he said is that one of that size just don''t look real to him and that if I would get a radiant in my rhr that he would be more then happy to let me get emerald shape earrigns or pendent this summer if I really want something in that shape, but it would be really hard for him to spend that kind of money on something that he just doesn''t care for. I totally understand that and it is his money so we went this morning and let kevin show us some radiants and my hubby was in love as so was I . He even took us outside and let us look at the two stones togther in the morning sun light. The emerald did perform well as I said most people don''t really think so, but that radiant looked like it was on fire. The other thing about it was he had a 3.01ct radiant J color and VS2 clarity 1.14 L/W that was like $17,630.00 when the emerald was going to be like $21,400.00. And for some reason the radiant looked whiter then the emerald. ( Don''t tell hubby but in this case he was right on the radiant being nicer ) that''s like a little over $4000.00 difference in the two stones. So I told hubby if he really would let me have the emerald earings this summer then I would go for the radiant ( it really is mouth watering ) . I can''t wait to bring that fire ball home!!! I pick it up Monday!!!! I hope you guys will still want to see!!!!
31.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Kitty,

I am so glad it all worked out well for you! I can''t wait to see the radiant!
Will be checking back for pics!!!!!

I guess I''m in sort of a "different" boat with my hubby.....although it is his money, he doesnt care what I buy, as long as it makes me smile
41.gif
, and he really doesnt care that much about jewelry, esp. if he is not the one wearing it. Sometimes its hard becuz I''ll ask him if he likes this or that, and he always says, "yes, its nice".....trying to make decisions can be difficult at times!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!!! Kevin called and said that the ring is ready!!!!
23.gif
I thought it would be Monday before he could get to it. Oh my hubby is a sweetheart I just felt so bad getting something that he just really didn''t like, with the radiant it''s something we both like and that''s what makes the both of us happy!!!! I can''t wait
36.gif
I''m going to get my rock right this minute!!!!!
30.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
OH MY GAUD!!!!~~ Kittycat what in the world is going on. I was in Mexico and everything went crazy!!! My hubby is so much like that. He like RB not Marquise so weird.... WHERE ARE THE PICTURES.. I have updates on mine but must see yours WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Kittykat I am going crazy
emcry.gif
where is the ring

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see this new ring!!! I understand where you are coming from with hubby. I showed my husband an amazing five stone asscher ring from JB Starr when we were looking up upgrade my wedding ring and he did not care for the look at all.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
umm...you said you were on your way to pick up the ring...WE NEED PICTURES!!!! Nothing should be more important to you but posting bling shots
11.gif
12.gif
9.gif
Just kidding. I am sure you are celebrating! Just don''t take too long, ok?
2.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
The rest of the pics will be in SMTR!!!! I hope you guys still like it!!
31.gif
Because I know I sure do!!!!
30.gif

I think you can see some warmth in this pic but not much!

ringwarm00.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is knock your socks off gorgeous!!!

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
WOWSERS totally awesome I see NO warmth it''s awesome!

koko

Shiny_Rock
Strange like you said how men have such strong feelings about diamonds.....my niece told her fiance that her favorite shape was EC & he went on his own & got her a 1 carat Princess cut engagement ring....He said he doesn''t like EC because they don''t "sparkle" like Princess cuts do!! But who has to wear the ring every day?? Anyway, looks like you made an excellent choice....what a gorgeous Radiant.....Congrats on your purchase!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results