shape
carat
color
clarity

I got my Emerald cut!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Ok the last post I made I was asking about would a J colored ec show alot of color? Got some real good post back about it alot of help and thanks to all who posted. I went to the jewelers this morning and looked at the J, it was 3.08ct J VS2, I have to say that in a yellow setting that if you have a hard time seeing color this would have been the rock for you. He had also got me in a " what he thought was " a 3.14ct but when I got there he told me he was so sorry that the ec was only a 3.12ct I colored, and a little over $3500.00 more then the J but he thought after I seen it that I would think it would be well worth it. Well it was , the I was so much more white then the J, another thing was I thought the J was a very good cut and it was only good cut," mistake on my part", and the I is a vg cut, with vg symmetry , and vg polish.

specs are:

color: I
clarity: SI1 " can''t see nothing in that baby " eyeclean
Depth: 68.2%
table: 70%
fluorescence: none

the only bad thing is , is that the RHR is my ann. gift and my ann. is still 3months away, but next week is the ann. of our engagement , maybe I can butter my hubby up and get it 3months early!!!
31.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
So????? Where are the pix??????
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say give him a nice dinner some wine.....
Pics please tell us you took some??
31.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
I know I know, the emerald hasn't been set yet he's working on it. He said that me and my hubby can pick it up this weekend if we wish or he can hold it until JUNE!!! ( I don't think so ) I'm hoping that I can talk my hubby into letting me have it on our engagement ann. that's next Thur. one reason that he might make me wait until June 23rd is the $3500 part
emotion-18.gif
but I have a little over $2000 saved up ( my crazy money
27.gif
] ) and just the fact that it is my ann. gift. Oh the jeweler for some reason wont let anyone take pics in his store. When I was working on my wedding set he wouldn't let me take pics then either. So what do you guys think of the specs? I ment to ask that in first post. I think I got a real good stone I know it will knock your eyes out. So if we go and get the ring this weekend I take pics and then let hubby put it in his safe until June 23rd. Everyone wish me luck on getting it next week!!!
emembarrassed.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see it!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
That is amazing that you found an eyeclean SI1 EC. What a great deal!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
I know I got a great deal. you can''t see anything without a loupe at least I don''t know any eagle eyes that could see anything. The inclusions are two little specs right together that I think the prong of the setting will even cover so there will be no way you can see anything. I can''t wait to get the ring. I still haven''t talked to DH yet I think instead of calling him on his cell phone I''ll wait until he comes home from work. I so hope he lets me have it by next week!!!
emsmile.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
face3.gif
Oh God!!! after making that post it hit me, what if the setting doesn't hide the little inclusions, what if there is someone out there that will be like," there are the inclusions", but my jeweler said that it would take a high powered set of eyes to see them and that's when he said that you could say it was eye clean.
face3.gif
Oh God, what if out of the setting you really can't see them but once it is set it points them OUT!!!
face14.gif
I'm stressing!!!!

Ok , Ok , Ok , I need to relax, everything will be ok ( the ring will be clear white and beautiful ) I have to reassure myself...
emembarrassed.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
I''m posting to my thread more then anyone else! hehe
face20.gif
! I had to go and call my jeweler, he told me to go and relax that the two little "crystals specs" are in the corner of the step cut of the stone and that there is no way that anyone could see them, and he reassured me that I had gotten a terrific stone and that he would have it set by tomorrow afternoon if I wanted to come and get it! I told him it''s all up to hubby and if he will let me, but I would be there to try on the finished product... I can''t wait there will be no sleep tonight!!!
emsmile.gif
I can''t wait..

Pixie

Rough_Rock
I''m sure the ring will just be beautiful! Wow, a 3+ ct EC! Can''t wait to see the pics!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Oh thats sweet thanks Pixie!!!
face23.gif

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
What anniversary are you about to celebrate, kittycat?

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Well a&s June 23rd will be mine and my hubby''s 5th wedding ann. and this coming Thurs. the 23rd of March was the day he asked me to marry him 5 years ago.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow how exciting! I''ll bet this ring is going to be just stunning!!!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Sundial, I was just going to post that my hubby told me that I can have the ring this weekend if I really want it!!! But he said that when it comes ann. time that he gets to pick the place to go eat.
face20.gif
lol so I told him that it was a deal. So there should be pics this weekend!!! I can''t wait!
emteeth.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Kitty, it is going to be GORGEOUS!!! No worries!
1.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kiittykat, I have been in Mexico on business and just hooked up to the internet so this is the first I have heard of your GREAT!!!!!!!!!! FIND! Girl I am so so so so excited for you. Give me more details on stone, setting, everything... I can''t wait to see. My jeweler is the same.....no pics. in the store
7.gif
YOU GO GIRL. Going to my jeweler tomorrow for updates on settings

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kitty, WHAT IS YOUR SECRET?????? Come on girl - please spill - TWO honking diamonds in a MONTH?????? How do you do it?????? Please tell me how
41.gif
or what wine to use!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Hey WOOOOOO, Burrito !!! Nacho !!! Salsa !!! Taco !!! hehe
face20.gif
thought I would cover my favs!!! Mexico Woo? that''s cool! Well the stone I just fell in love with and I think I got it for a really good price. I got the setting that I was talking about with the trillions , some want like it because the ec is so much larger then the trillions that they really are small , but that''s what I wanted in my rhr. Kevin my jeweler said he should have it set by mid afternoon today, so I have to set around and wait for his call. Where it was $3500 more then what me and hubby thought it was going to be I thought hubby might not let me have it right know but I told him that I had a little over $2000 saved up that I would pay on it, but he said that he would pay the diff. ( always has extra money around, big gun collector ) So I was like it''s still 3 months until our wedding ann. so can I have it for our engagement ann. He didn''t know what to say for a minute or so, and then he was like, well then I get to pick the place to go eat on our ann. so I jumped straight up and down screaming!!!
emteeth.gif
So happy!!! So I can''t wait until Kevin calls today! So have you found out anything about your setting or what you are going to do yet? I must know!!!
35.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Well Lorelei, hubby had dished out the money for my new wedding set before christmas, So it just took me to last month to get down to getting what I wanted for the money. The RHR well, I told him that since I had the wedding set of my dreams that for our ann. he should just go ahead and let me get the rhr of my dreams also. He was like ok but I couldn't spend any more money on diamonds for a looooong time. Plus the jeweler will give us up to 6 months to pay the difference on what I haven't done and paid for. ( there went almost all of my mad money , my stash
face21.gif
). So all of you guys will get sick of my wedding set and rhr because that's all you'll get to see from me for awhile. Still more pics to come of both!!!
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look forward to it! I would love a big EC myself one day! I promise you we won''t get sick of your ring pics!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Better not , still many years to come !!!
emotion-40.gif
hehe !!!
face20.gif
!!! lol!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
emsmilep.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
hehe!!!
face20.gif
lol! hehehe!!!!
face13.gif
lol! hehe!
face20.gif
!!!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you are so lucky..... Funny my hubby is a gun collector toooooo ....hehehe we are so much alike :) Off to my plane I will check as soon as I get home to those pictures. Do your friends and family think you''ve lost your mind like mine
emteeth.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
kitty- I didn''t mean to stress you out!
7.gif
I am sure the prongs will hide any crystals. I am a huge fan of ECs (obviously) so I can''t wait to see pictures!!!! I know it will be beautiful!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Well, they do think I''m crazy, my sisters eyes are going to pop out when she sees my ec she doesn''t even know about it yet!!! hehe
face20.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Oh Tacori I would have never ment to make you think you stressed me out! I just hadn't thought about it until we were talking about it being eyeclean, and then I was " you know that theres always somebody" that thinks they can see something even when they can't , but no it wasn't you. I don't know if you had read it or not but on someones thread I said that it was your ring that made me decide to do my rhr in a emerald cut diamond because yours was so lovely. Oh I've talked to my jeweler and he said that the crystals where in the side step cuts and that no one can see them without a loupe that I wasn't that blind, because if I couldn't see them and he couldn't that no one else could and that I had got a terrific stone! So everything is ok I've relaxed and I'm waiting to pick it up I can't wait everything is cool!
emotion-5.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kitty - WE CAN''T WAIT EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

face20.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2006 11:29:01 AM
Author: kittycatsmac
Oh Tacori I would have never ment to make you think you stressed me out! I just hadn''t thought about it until we were talking about it being eyeclean, and then I was '' you know that theres always somebody'' that thinks they can see something even when they can''t , but no it wasn''t you. I don''t know if you had read it or not but on someones thread I said that it was your ring that made me decide to do my rhr in a emerald cut diamond because yours was so lovely. Oh I''ve talked to my jeweler and he said that the crystals where in the side step cuts and that no one can see them without a loupe that I wasn''t that blind, because if I couldn''t see them and he couldn''t that no one else could and that I had got a terrific stone! So everything is ok I''ve relaxed and I''m waiting to pick it up I can''t wait everything is cool!
emotion-5.gif

Oh, I am honored (and relieved. I know how stressful buying diamonds/rings are and would never want to add to anyone''s stress). I think many people ignore ECs or think they look like glass but mine has so much sparkle and fire. I love it! They are so elegant and timeless. I also love when people get different cuts for different rings because there are SO many beautiful options out there so why limit yourself?
1.gif
Welcome to the EC club. We might be a smaller bunch but I think all of us are pretty pleased with our diamonds!
10.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love EC cut for almost any gem...can''t wait to see this one.

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results