shape
carat
color
clarity

I decided to go to school though the GIA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have been tossing around the idea of going for a while, and I am deciding today to do it. I am starting out with the essentials classes (will do all 3 at once, sence they are reviewing stuff I know already) and getting my AJP diploma, and then doing the additional classes for colored stones to get my colored stones diploma and the diamonds to get my graduate gemologist.

I want to go back to work in the jewelry insdustry, so the AJP should help get me into a place that is better paying (and treats you better).

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
Tropic,
Are you doing the on campus or online version? I have been seriously considering the online classes.

Has anyone else taken them? Are they as good as the on campus teaching?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Online. I am in Michigan, so doing it on campus is impossable for me.

I have been considering for a while now also, and today thought "why the heck not" and signed up. I have a goal to finish the 1st 3 classes in a week, so when I get going in it, I will let you know how it is if you like. I know online is self teaching, so you can work as fast or slow as you want.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How much time does it take? And can you take classes at your own pace? I was thinking about the same, since I am such a rookie, although I do not plan on being a gemologist, but just to have an idea when I am buying stones for myself. But my job is so time-consuming, and, God willing, pays well. I plan to rearrange my schedule so that I can work 10 hours a day for 4 days, and have one weekday open. Maybe I could use this day to take classes.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Its work at your own pace. You have 3 months to complete a registered course. Thats why I like it cause I like to get it done as fast as possable.

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
Updates would be terrific! I am anxious to hear how it is going. Keep us posted!

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve thought about taking classes myself so I''d love to hear how it goes. Just for my own information/hobby purposes.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here it is!! I could not find this post! Anywho, I made an update thread on another page.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results