shape
carat
color
clarity

I decided to go to school though the GIA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have been tossing around the idea of going for a while, and I am deciding today to do it. I am starting out with the essentials classes (will do all 3 at once, sence they are reviewing stuff I know already) and getting my AJP diploma, and then doing the additional classes for colored stones to get my colored stones diploma and the diamonds to get my graduate gemologist.

I want to go back to work in the jewelry insdustry, so the AJP should help get me into a place that is better paying (and treats you better).

Tropic,
Are you doing the on campus or online version? I have been seriously considering the online classes.

Has anyone else taken them? Are they as good as the on campus teaching?

Online. I am in Michigan, so doing it on campus is impossable for me.

I have been considering for a while now also, and today thought "why the heck not" and signed up. I have a goal to finish the 1st 3 classes in a week, so when I get going in it, I will let you know how it is if you like. I know online is self teaching, so you can work as fast or slow as you want.

How much time does it take? And can you take classes at your own pace? I was thinking about the same, since I am such a rookie, although I do not plan on being a gemologist, but just to have an idea when I am buying stones for myself. But my job is so time-consuming, and, God willing, pays well. I plan to rearrange my schedule so that I can work 10 hours a day for 4 days, and have one weekday open. Maybe I could use this day to take classes.

Its work at your own pace. You have 3 months to complete a registered course. Thats why I like it cause I like to get it done as fast as possable.

Updates would be terrific! I am anxious to hear how it is going. Keep us posted!

I''ve thought about taking classes myself so I''d love to hear how it goes. Just for my own information/hobby purposes.

Here it is!! I could not find this post! Anywho, I made an update thread on another page.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP