shape
carat
color
clarity

I am engaged !!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Hikechick! Finally!!!! Your ring is gorgeous! It was worth the wait.

Do you mind giving us the specs
11.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, even blurry it looks sparkly and gorgeous!!

HC, flash off? also, do you have a point where the camera lets you know it''s focused?

i.e. On mine, I will get as close as I think I can, then press the button halfway down. A green outline of a box will come up. But if it''s not around my ring, it''s not focused.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous Ring!!! Awesome proposal!!! Congrats!!!

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 7:19:09 PM
Author: fabcrab

11.gif

Oh, I missed your post fabcrab . . .
Thank you for the compliment. The ring sparkles like mad in the sunlight, so much sparkle that it is just one shiny blur.
The center stone is 1.24 carats, H, VS2, with strong blue fluor
The setting is platinum with 10 channel set diamonds five on each side for a total carat weight of just under 0.5
I spend most of my time working in a research lab where the lighting makes it shine so much my co-workers tease me about blinding them with my ring . . . hehe. I am in love with the ring and the man who gave it to me . . . giddy, would appropriately describe me.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/9/2007 9:31:20 AM
Author: Ellen
Oooh, even blurry it looks sparkly and gorgeous!!

HC, flash off? also, do you have a point where the camera lets you know it''s focused?

i.e. On mine, I will get as close as I think I can, then press the button halfway down. A green outline of a box will come up. But if it''s not around my ring, it''s not focused.

I know Ellen, it is so pretty . . . ahh . . . I am so glad I found PS to help me choose such a gorgeous diamond. The flash is off and it gets into focus the millisecond before the picture is taken but something between it coming into focus and the click of the camera makes it blurry. The camera is a 4 MP Canon S400, it is 3 years old but has always taken nice pics but the ring must be shy. :D

I will try to attach one more picture.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My camera''s older than that, so it should be fine. Only other thing I can think is, hold that camera and hand STILL!

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, here is one picture at work that actually came out nicely.
Once I get atleast 5 more nice pictures, I will start a thread in SMTR.

PSpost3b.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Pretty ring, pretty awesome proposal! Sounds amazing
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif

And it really IS gorgeous!! Hurry up and get those pics!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/9/2007 11:16:43 AM
Author: hikerchick
Date: 5/7/2007 7:19:09 PM

11.gif

Oh, I missed your post fabcrab . . .

Thank you for the compliment. The ring sparkles like mad in the sunlight, so much sparkle that it is just one shiny blur.

The center stone is 1.24 carats, H, VS2, with strong blue fluor

The setting is platinum with 10 channel set diamonds five on each side for a total carat weight of just under 0.5

I spend most of my time working in a research lab where the lighting makes it shine so much my co-workers tease me about blinding them with my ring . . . hehe. I am in love with the ring and the man who gave it to me . . . giddy, would appropriately describe me.

Wow I love the fluoro! I know this is a little off topic but that''s great that you work in a research lab. I myself is going to graduate school starting next fall to hopefully get my PhD. in Chemistry. I''m assuming you''re a scientist?
5.gif

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/9/2007 11:51:43 PM

Wow I love the fluoro! I know this is a little off topic but that''s great that you work in a research lab. I myself is going to graduate school starting next fall to hopefully get my PhD. in Chemistry. I''m assuming you''re a scientist?
5.gif
Hey . . . yeah, i also LOVE the fluoro . . . pretty cool and it really amazes people when I show it to them by taking the ring into the sunlight.

I am a scientist. I graduated with my PhD in 2004 and am currently doing breast cancer research in Boston. With funding at an all time low right now, I am exploring shifting my career path . . . waiting to hear about 2 more grants I wrote before I begin my search to get out of science . . . it is a very mentally stimulating career but emotionally and financially it is a huge burden. Good luck with your PhD . . . it was one of the hardest and most rewarding experiences of my life to date . . .

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Hikerchick,

That''s great to see that someone in the sciences is a PSer! From my experience (in academic settings), scientists hardly even wear an engagement ring. The often wear a simple yellow gold band and that''s pretty much it. I know this is a stereotype but I have always pictured scientists as the non-PSer.

Congratulations again on your monster rock and the sweet proposal!

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2007 11:56:26 AM
Hikerchick,

That''s great to see that someone in the sciences is a PSer! From my experience (in academic settings), scientists hardly even wear an engagement ring. The often wear a simple yellow gold band and that''s pretty much it. I know this is a stereotype but I have always pictured scientists as the non-PSer.

Congratulations again on your monster rock and the sweet proposal!

Hahaha . . . yeah, your observation is quite correct actually. You should see how out of place this gorgeous ring looks on me, in my jeans and t-shirt with a dirty lab coat . . . most of my co-workers do have engagement rings though because I think it has become more popular even amongst us geeky scientists, particularly when we end up with those non-scientist types.

I didn''t know a thing about diamonds or jewelery until I began lurking on PS last Fall, though so I am still a PS newbie, in the grand scheme of things. Diamonds and PS have become a real addiction now. Thanks again for the compliments on the ring. I have succesfully taken 2 more pictures so maybe this weekend I will start a SMTR thread.

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty ring! Congratulations! You have to get some outside shots to show off that fluorescence! Mine has it too and it turns a lavender color but it is hard to catch with my camera
7.gif
I think b/c it''s a cushion and not a round maybe? Do any of your side diamonds have it? I was unsure if mine did until I put it under a black light and one of them do! I was excited but my DF thinks that I''m nuts so he just smiled, shook his head and told me that I was special. Gotta love it!
31.gif

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2007 10:19:02 PM
Author: Rachie
Very pretty ring! Congratulations! You have to get some outside shots to show off that fluorescence! Mine has it too and it turns a lavender color but it is hard to catch with my camera
7.gif
I think b/c it''s a cushion and not a round maybe? Do any of your side diamonds have it? I was unsure if mine did until I put it under a black light and one of them do! I was excited but my DF thinks that I''m nuts so he just smiled, shook his head and told me that I was special. Gotta love it!
31.gif
I will definitely take more pictures this weekend and recruit FI to help me take them. Should be sunny all weekend so we''ll capture the fluoro . . . in the meantime, check out this thread I started a while back when I was still really nervous about the fluoro, before I fell in love with that aspect. On pages 2 and 3 there are pictures I took of the loose diamond in the sun and captures the lavender color really well. I haven''t looked at the ring under UV to see if the sidestones have it, but i really hope they do . . .
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-calling-all-who-have-seen-a-strong-blue-fluor-diamond.55714/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results