shape
carat
color
clarity

I am a Grey, Black and Dark Blue person... Advice needed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Chrono! It does go dead in low lights but I guess it happens for such color.

Any recommendations on the setting?

I am thinking of setting it as the sample pictures but are concerned that it will reduce it''s brilliancy. Any thoughts? Or I should just set it in the regular silver for the contrast?

Thanks!!

Setting samples.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While those settings are unique, I''m not sure if it will complement the stone. If you want to play up the silvery gray colour, I''d do something more open.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I''d go for a setting like those either..they''re neat but I think your stone is better suited to something more open, like Chrono said.

Did you take pictures of your gift stones too? Dana''s so nice!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. I see your point. Need to go find more inspiration pictures :)

Just wanted to post the gift spinel that Dana sent with the Gray stone.

It's a very lovely shade of lavender!! Very pretty!!

He sent a pair!! How nice is that!!

** I must say that my terrible photography skills do not do any justice to both the gray and lavender spinels!! **

Freebies.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting, GoodSoul. I''m looking forward to seeing your stone set. What are the dimensions on it?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see the gray spinel in more of an antique prong setting. The other settings are really neat as far as uniqueness, but will make that stone really dark.

-A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results