shape
carat
color
clarity

HW by Mark T - dedicated to pricescope members

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aussienovice

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 9:34:42 PM
Author: neverabride
what an absolutely gorgeous ring, your girlfriend will love it. It looks so much like the Harry Winston style. Can I ask, did you do much homework in Sydney, any designers or shops you can recommend or I should discard? I love the Tiffany rings but they''re so commercia.
When is the big proposal ? you got the sky writer organised ? :)
36.gif
Thanks, Yes the Harry Winston is the look I was going for, and you will now see that I have it in my possession, just got off the phone from the insurance company I waas feeling so nervous with it bing my responsibility.

Regarding local designers, no not really, I was impressed by Deborah Winfield in Mosman, but once I started looking on Pricescope I got my heart set on ERD and Mart Turnowski very quickly, no real reflection on the locals as I didn''t really give them a look in. Regarding the impending proposal, I haven''t finalised the detail, but it involves sharing my current excitement with her ASAP ;-)

neverabride

Rough_Rock
Oh My Goodness that ring is just drop dead gorgeous ! you must be so happy and so proud and so thrilled by the outcome. Looks like the hard work paid off. She is going to love it, what a lucky girl. But I''m sure you''re a lucky man because you wouldn''t be doing all that amount of work if she wasn''t worth all the effort I''m sure
19.gif
. I have been to Deborah Winfield in Mosman a few times but she didn''t impress me too greatly. Was more interested in selling me existing rings. Based on some of the info I''ve read on Pricescope I think I''m going to get Mark to make me a cushion halo too ! I just love that ring ! My partner and I have just started looking at designs so we''ll have to post our results after we find something we both like. Congrats.

** when in doubt - do skywriting / hijack the building cleaner from his scaffolding and write a proposal on her office/work windows !**

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks amazing! How do the prongs look in person? Do you have a loupe? I can still sort of see something a little wonky with the one. I only mention it because I would hate for something to happen to the diamond
6.gif

aussienovice

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/9/2010 1:17:59 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
It looks amazing! How do the prongs look in person? Do you have a loupe? I can still sort of see something a little wonky with the one. I only mention it because I would hate for something to happen to the diamond
6.gif
I can''t really tell for sure, but will get an appraiser to look closely and advise. Given I don''t know what a loupe is, I am guessing I don''t have one ;-) But google is my friend...

Apart from that potential issue that may have been caused when Mark had the cushion lowered slightly, I am blown away by how it looks and the amount of light and colour that it picks up. Can''t wait to see it on her finger, I didn''t buy it to admired it in secret...

sparklyforever

Shiny_Rock
okay - first of all - i am not the biggest fans of Halo''s ... but this ring is seriously making me reconsider.....
it''s really breathtaking..

secondly - i am waiting patiently to find out about the proposal.......

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I love it. My own engagement ring is nearly identical. My favorite thing about my ring is that the way it is made enables the wedding band to snuggle right up against, sort of tucked under, the engagement ring, which truly highlights the center stone.
It also makes the ring very comfortable to wear. Still, I take it off as soon as I get home from work every day. I am more comfortable knowing it is safe while I am cooking or doing household tasks.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2010 5:35:01 PM
Author: aussienovice

Date: 2/9/2010 1:17:59 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
6.gif
I can''t really tell for sure, but will get an appraiser to look closely and advise. Given I don''t know what a loupe is, I am guessing I don''t have one ;-) But google is my friend...

Apart from that potential issue that may have been caused when Mark had the cushion lowered slightly, I am blown away by how it looks and the amount of light and colour that it picks up. Can''t wait to see it on her finger, I didn''t buy it to admired it in secret...
LOL. A loupe is a little magnifying glass. You can achieve the same thing by taking highly magnified photos of your prongs from a slight side angle, and you will be able to see if the prongs are nicely hugging the stone.

When will you propose?

aussienovice

Rough_Rock
Very happy to report a successful proposal last Saturday night, only hours before V-Day. No luck as yet finding time or my fiance''s inclination to take either hand shots or magnified shots of the prongs, but I will get there and post them when I can. In the meantime, I have plenty of final planning and preparation for what was going to be a significant birthday for her on the 27th of Feb, but will now be a combined birthday and engagement. No prizes for guessing which reason my Fiance wants to take presedence... ;-)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great news!

Roxie Bling

Rough_Rock
Trade
Congratulations on getting engaged! Did she have much input into the design, or did you pretty much take the reigns on this beauty? All of this happened in about a month''s time... that is very impressive. I will definitely stay tuned for the hand shots!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!!!! It''s a stunning ring!!!! May you two have a wonderfully long and happy life together!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results