shape
carat
color
clarity

HW by Mark T - dedicated to pricescope members

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aussienovice

Rough_Rock
Thanks DS! I really appreciate your advice. I must admit that my first concerns were when I saw the photos on my iphone, so small screen, out-of-focus photo and adreneline running through my veins like you wouldn''t believe, all I could focus on was the rounded looking, extremely high crown, and the fact that it would look VERY different to the genuine HW. Now that I have seen all three on a decent screen, I absolutely LOVE the other two photos and can''t wait to see a better quality side on view. Not that I am hung up on trying to do a HW replica, as I have spent a lot of time looking at the differences between "modern" and "old mine" cuts and definitely wanted the latter.

So have emailed Mark and asked him to prioritise some better quality photos rather than dropping the stone for now. Hope he gets time to do this soon, as I am waiting as patiently as I can but my heart os still racing...

aussienovice

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 6:56:57 PM
Author: whitby_2773
altho i love the high crown, i''d probably drop it down a smidge; to me it looks like the girdle is sitting slightly above/out of the setting and the overall look might be better if it looks like it''s sitting a little more securely. i think the overall effect of dropping it down would be to give a smoother line from setting - up over stone - back to setting.

as with all comments - just my 2c - gorgeous ring...
Hi Whitby, I know what you mean (i.e. you described it pefectly), and if that is the case, then I will definitley prefer it dropped slightly, but until I see a clearer photos from that angle, I can''t be sure. Thanks!!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am not sure what it is but perhaps the whole setting is too high - it is consistent with the CAD though. Can we move the whole halo lower? I could imagine the setting getting banged a lot. Also, the halo doesn''t seem to fit the contours of the diamond but it could just be the photo. I would love to see a face up photo.

Don''t get me wrong - it is a lovely setting. We are just nit picking here.

aussienovice

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 8:22:01 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
I am not sure what it is but perhaps the whole setting is too high - it is consistent with the CAD though. Can we move the whole halo lower? I could imagine the setting getting banged a lot. Also, the halo doesn''t seem to fit the contours of the diamond but it could just be the photo. I would love to see a face up photo.

Don''t get me wrong - it is a lovely setting. We are just nit picking here.
Feel free to be as nit picking as you like ;-)

As my id suggests, this is all new to me. I do agree that relative to the diamond depth, the halo is very high. The halo of both ddcha''s (template for the setting) and second time''s ( good example of a chunky, OMB diamond in a similar setting - https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cushion-halo-setting.129089/ seem to be more in proportion with the diamonds'' size/depth. The top down view looks great, but I do agree that the side on view, (as poor as the photo is) does seem to show the halo sitting high and the high crown sitting even higher. I wish I had better photos or was a little closer than the 12,000 miles or so away to pay Mark a visit to make a better informed decision...

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s beautiful! I happen to like it when rings sit a little higher, so the height on that ring doesn''t bother me.

aussienovice

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 8:48:05 PM
Author: vespergirl
I think it''s beautiful! I happen to like it when rings sit a little higher, so the height on that ring doesn''t bother me.
Thanks! I am certain it is beautiful in person. Just want to make it as perfect as possible. Could not bear there to be any disappointment on my girlfriend''s face at "that" moment, or after for that matter...

Mark says he has sent some more photos an hour or so ago, but I haven''t received them. Given the time over there I may be waiting until tomorrow morning NY time now
7.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
It is a GORGEOUS ring!!! I agree with whitby though about dropping it down just by a smidge. I hope you take pictures of it once you get it in your posession! And don''t forget to start a new thread in SMTR! That beauty deserves more attention on the forum!

Good luck on your proposal!!! She''s gonna love it!!!

aussienovice

Rough_Rock
Back again. Here is the best of the clearer photos I asked Mark to take. Feeling much better now!!

aussienovicereal4a.jpg

aussienovice

Rough_Rock
Close-up. This is as it was yesterday. I have asked Mark to lower the cushion slightly, which is being done now, then he will take a couple more photos and ship it. Should get it early next week.

Thoughts, now that we have a better "view"? Also, thanks for the positive and constructive comments yesterday! It was a pretty stressful day.

aussienoviceheadoriginal.jpg

aussienovice

Rough_Rock
OK, final photos before Mark ships it. He has had it dropped slightly. I must admit that I can''t see any noticeable difference, but to be honest, after getting the photo above, I was pretty happy already.

aussienovice

Rough_Rock
Mmmm, getting errors trying to attach photos now. Will try again later.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a crown! I think it looks very nie.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Uhhhh, that crown is fit for a Princess. What''s not to like?
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s truly beautiful - I think it will be just fine!!

shiny29

Rough_Rock
Its beautiful!!! And what a lucky girl that you have put so much thought into it. Fwiw, to my eye, it does look lower to me. Congrats!!

aussienovice

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ladies! Looking forward to posting my own photos early next week. I will need to do some research on taking good ring photos over the weekend.

aussienovice

Rough_Rock
Awaiting Customs clearance ... So close I can almost feel it... Feeling like a kid at Christmas...

Lestat, thanks for the advice, have been in touch with the Fedex brokers here and supplied all the info they need, so that''s 5% I will save thanks to you!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
The updated set of photos are gorgeous! I can''t wait until you receive it.

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/7/2010 7:02:24 PM
Author: aussienovice
Awaiting Customs clearance ... So close I can almost feel it... Feeling like a kid at Christmas...

Lestat, thanks for the advice, have been in touch with the Fedex brokers here and supplied all the info they need, so that''s 5% I will save thanks to you!

Hopefully the government doesn''t decide to tax me more for all the money I''m costing them
2.gif
Congratulations!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t imagine how your soon-to-be-fiancee wouldn''t absolutely love that ring! Congrats!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
wowza....
What a beautiful stone and project... truly spectacular!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ring is completely stunning. I''m sorry I didn''t see this sooner, I noticed something in one of the most recent photos that I think you should check with an appraiser, just to be safe. The circled prong does not appear properly seated on the diamond. Any well regarded jeweler could fix it for you, if it is even a problem.

aussienovice

Rough_Rock
I will definitely do that DD. Which prong are you referring to (if it''s easy enough to describe)? Thanks for the positive feedback and keen eye!!

neverabride

Rough_Rock
what an absolutely gorgeous ring, your girlfriend will love it. It looks so much like the Harry Winston style. Can I ask, did you do much homework in Sydney, any designers or shops you can recommend or I should discard? I love the Tiffany rings but they''re so commercia.
When is the big proposal ? you got the sky writer organised ? :)
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 10:16:59 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
The ring is completely stunning. I''m sorry I didn''t see this sooner, I noticed something in one of the most recent photos that I think you should check with an appraiser, just to be safe. The circled prong does not appear properly seated on the diamond. Any well regarded jeweler could fix it for you, if it is even a problem.
Sorry! Forgot to post!

aussienovicenewsidedd.jpg

aussienovice

Rough_Rock
Well, Fedex just dropped by work and my heart started racing. Having looked at photos on the web for months now, I must admit I had no idea what the real thing was going to look like. I am so happy with how it has turned out. Can''t wait to get it on her finger. In the meantime, here are a few snaps I took with a camera at work.

ERD00001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results