shape
carat
color
clarity

How would you set this mint tourmaline?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 1:09:51 PM
Author: sonomacounty

After wrestling with some ideas, I think ''mint'' may very well end up as a simple pendant. I think trillions make a striking pendant but as a ring are a bit too ''Star Trek'' looking.

I think you are right; the shape is well-suited to a striking pendant. Have you taken any photos yet??
31.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can go halo with a trilliant pendant and it would be striking.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Loving. :)

No photos yet, Ice. I don't have a camera that has macro but a friend does photos for me sometimes. I'll try for you.

Chrono, any ideas on who does an affordable halo? I should look on LOGR but I have to go make my son dinner. Say, is the finger getting tired from that HUGE Gorgeous new/old stone? I bet.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My finger is getting a good work out; the type where it feels good.
31.gif

Believe it or not, Stuller makes very affordable halos now and I'm pretty sure they have a pendant design. I think prices should be in the $600 range for white gold. I'm sure LOGR can modify their trilliant ring into a pendant too even though I did not see any trilliant pendant settings.

Pics courtesy of D&T from Page 1.

trillionringvendors.jpg

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again, Chrono.

I never thought about asking the e-bay sellers to modify for a pendant. Awesome idea ! !

(I'm liking the last photo you put up the best, btw. I just sent them an e-mail about doing that.)

Or,

this is an idea (one of those bar pendant settings):

http://www.stuller.com/products/product.aspx?s=22162

---

Oh, sorry, my links never work.

I think the halo would be prettier than the bar pendant, though. Thanks so very, very, very, very much for helping me figure this out. Really.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the halo will give it some added spakle which would be nice versus the bar. NP about helping...just wish the link to the bar pendant worked.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 8:44:30 PM
Author: sonomacounty
Thanks again, Chrono.

I never thought about asking the e-bay sellers to modify for a pendant. Awesome idea ! !

(I'm liking the last photo you put up the best, btw. I just sent them an e-mail about doing that.)

Or,

this is an idea (one of those bar pendant settings):

http://www.stuller.com/products/product.aspx?s=22162

---

Oh, sorry, my links never work.

I think the halo would be prettier than the bar pendant, though. Thanks so very, very, very, very much for helping me figure this out. Really.
I had a red spinel set in this setting a while back. My jeweler added diamond melee down the bar for a bit of extra zip.
1.gif
My discussion thread is here. Link I was looking at designer options, but price won out.
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results