shape
carat
color
clarity

How would you feel about this at a kids b-day party?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2010 11:46:40 AM
Author: vespergirl

It sounds to me like those women were jealous and insecure. What, do they not bring their husbands and children to the beach, where women are wearing bathing suits? Please.

She was entitled to wear whatever she wants. She probably works hard to maintain her body type, so good for her if she wants to show it off.

It sounds like she is your friend and a genuinely good person, so good for you for looking past the outfit.
+1

She could've picked something different, but.. well, she didn't. Maybe not her best choice, but it's not that bad! Says more about the women gossiping about it, really.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Totally weird for a child''s b-day party, IMO.

Yeah, she looks good. Great costume for a Halloween party or something but I find it inappropriate for children.

DH thinks I should wear the costume, but NEVER in front of our kids.... If a man looks at it and thinks it''s sexy, why would a mom wear it to a party if she''s not TRYING to be sexy??

If the woman looks very similar to the model in the pic, she could certainly wear anything and look good and probably sexy, so the overt nature of the costume is OTT.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 9:09:53 PM
Author: charbie
Has anyone seen what spiderman wears nowadays...??? I mean, wow, that''s tight! He''s lookin HOT!
And I guess my kids shouldn''t watch the olympics for fear they might see a speedskater in an outfit like that. And forget about figure skating...tight outfits that are skimpy!
That''s an interesting point, charbie. I really don''t see the Olympic outfits as sexy; I see them as performance enhancing (forgive the term) and/or a way to show off the athletic body of the competitor. The Olympics absolutely seem to be an appropriate place to show off one''s body, all the work it took to get it to that place, and what it can do.

As an aside, I wonder if the speedskaters think they look sexy in their outfits?

I''m all for Spidey''s tighties...but that''s me. If, however, his, um, junk was flopping around at my kid''s birthday party, I might ask him to put on an apron or something, if only because I''d get all distracted.
26.gif

Your mileage may vary.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone seen what spiderman wears nowadays...??? I mean, wow, that's tight! He's lookin HOT!

And I guess my kids shouldn't watch the olympics for fear they might see a speedskater in an outfit like that. And forget about figure skating...tight outfits that are skimpy!

Sorry, I double posted and messed up the quote above. Lemme respond again. Sorry, everyone.

That's an interesting point, charbie. I really don't see the Olympic outfits as sexy; I see them as performance enhancing (forgive the term) and/or a way to show off the athletic body of the competitor. The Olympics absolutely seem to be an appropriate place to show off one's body, all the work it took to get it to that place, and what it can do.

As an aside, I wonder if the speedskaters think they look sexy in their outfits?

I'm all for Spidey's tighties...but that's me. If, however, his, um, junk was flopping around at my kid's birthday party, I might ask him to put on an apron or something, if only because I'd get all distracted.

Your mileage may vary.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 9:52:20 PM
Author: jas

Has anyone seen what spiderman wears nowadays...??? I mean, wow, that''s tight! He''s lookin HOT!

And I guess my kids shouldn''t watch the olympics for fear they might see a speedskater in an outfit like that. And forget about figure skating...tight outfits that are skimpy!

That''s an interesting point, charbie. I really don''t see the Olympic outfits as sexy; I see them as performance enhancing (forgive the term) and/or a way to show off the athletic body of the competitor. The Olympics absolutely seem to be an appropriate place to show off one''s body, all the work it took to get it to that place, and what it can do.

I''m all for Spidey''s tighties...but that''s me. If, however, his, um, junk was flopping around at my kid''s birthday party, I might ask him to put on an apron or something, if only because I''d get all distracted.
26.gif

Your mileage may vary.

Hmmm, well, the speedskaters might not think they look sexy, but the outfits are the same, even if they aren''t for the same purpose. As Fiery said, she doesn''t think this lady was wearing the outfit for malicious purposes. And I don''t believe the ice skaters are wearing skin tight skimpy skirts for performance reasons.

Its just my way of saying the images are out there whether we like it or not.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 10:12:35 PM

Hmmm, well, the speedskaters might not think they look sexy, but the outfits are the same, even if they aren''t for the same purpose. As Fiery said, she doesn''t think this lady was wearing the outfit for malicious purposes. And I don''t believe the ice skaters are wearing skin tight skimpy skirts for performance reasons.

Its just my way of saying the images are out there whether we like it or not.
I know. I wish there was a better balance of other images.
I am probably tilting at windmills.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Even if I had a body like that, I wouldn''t wear that to a kids party. Because to me, that''s a costume designed to receive attention from adults. I would feel uncomfortable around kids in that.."Dude, your mom makes me feel all funny like when I used to climb the rope in gym class" type thing. If it was a Star Wars party for kids, I''d go as Yoda anyway so I could talk funny. "Blow out the candles you will".

Hell, she probably would''ve given *me* a woody. If I saw her at an adult party I think I would wish I were a lesbian.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I think she missed the mark if she was "trying" to look like a Storm Trooper.

Storm-trooper.jpg

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
lol swingirl...just a little

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Uhhh, so I just wanted to put on my nerd hat for a second and point out that this is not a storm trooper costume. This is a costume that Padme Amidala (Luke and Leia''s mom) wears in Episode II. ''Course, her boots aren''t heels in the movie.

I found a photo, but this is also after that monster rips off the center part of her costume.
20.gif

padmeamidala123.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Great for Halloween, inappropriate for a child''s birthday party. It obviously took all the focus off of the child if the moms were talking bad about her and the dads were making sexual remarks. There is a time and place to dress up in sexy costumes, and I feel your child''s birthday party is not one of those places.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Haaa ha. Okay, that makes more sense. And she was a sexy little thing in her battle costume. I wonder if the kids knew.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
The official costume before the midriff got exposed.

padme_white.jpg

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Ah! Thanks for the correction!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know it might sound cray cray, but not everyone is out to impress other people with clothes/makeup/shoes. i am probably in the minority in that i dress for myself (and sometimes maybe my hub). or maybe her husband said 'damn you should wear your halloween padma costume to the party, it'd be sooo hip'...who knows.
3.gif
i still think the costume is cool hehee.

and natalie portman is looking pretty damn hot there too. YOU GO GIRL!! are there any children hidden under that cape??

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Inappropriate and lacking in common sense. I would think she is after attention or just a bit ditzzy and not thinking, it is a childrens party not the time for skin tight costumes that show of a sexy figure (a bit tacky). Yes, of course she can wear what she wants etc etc etc, but still doenst make it a good idea for a childrens party and it does scream a bit of everyone ''look at me''.

Iceskaters are an entertainment sportig event, the focus in not on children or childrens entertainment.

Kids entertainers (male) who have done the spinderman/batman thing at parties I have been to, have had the spiderman costume, slim fitting, but not so tight that you could see every nook and crany (iykwim) - definatley not like the Batman movies - he looked great, but dont need that level of skintight for my childs party.

db

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I see nothing inappropriate about this costume. Would I wear it to a kids party? Yeah, I think I might. I would probably skip the platform heels, but the costume is cool.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's hawt and totally appropriate for a child's birthday party. Carlos and I would totally rock it!
11.gif
31.gif

Seriously though, wtf is she thinking? She's a mother not bachelor party entertainment.

20.gif

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I'm thinking it was fine that she wore it. The kids didn't have a bad reaction and that's all I'd be concerned about. If you look at most of the super hero collections they tend to be a bit racy but kids don't pick up on that sort of thing.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Just for clarification, she is NOT a mom. She''s young (24 maybe 25) and in college in Atlanta. She comes to Miami to visit for b-day parties, special events, or when she has free time

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
I see no problem with this at all. I''ve had characters come to my daughters'' birthday parties and they were Ariel and Jasmine. The costumes were Ariel and Jasmine''s. Midruffs were showing. The women looked beautiful and appropriate for the characters. The kids would have been disappointed if the characters were dressed like nuns because it wasn''t authentic.

This woman was doing a very nice thing and jealous people are seeing hidden motives. Was she hitting on husbands? Was she asking the 7 year olds if she looked hot?

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
looks like she kind of missd the mark in terms of what a real storm trooper looks like... I think she certainly didn''t use her best judgment in choosing that costume, but I''m not certain it''s inappropriate exactly

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2010 9:22:38 PM
Author: fiery
Just for clarification, she is NOT a mom. She''s young (24 maybe 25) and in college in Atlanta. She comes to Miami to visit for b-day parties, special events, or when she has free time

Thanks Fiery. Based on the last line of your comment, maybe she IS bachelor party entertainment???

I kid...I kid...

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I have no idea why this happened, but I just read through this thread for the first time. I was of the mind that it is inappropriate, and even if I had a body like that, I think dressing like that in front of my kid''s friends would make them uncomfortable. Yes, I think even at that age kids are aware.

But now that you clarified that she''s not a mom, I think that excuses her at least a little bit. Not sure why. I still think it''s not the best choice for a kid''s party, but I wouldn''t question her judgment quite as much.

Anyone else wonder if she "sexed" up the cowboy costume for the toy story party?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Sabine, it's funny you say that, because I was of the camp that it wasn't a big deal when I thought it was her child's birthday party. (If the kids don't notice, then by all means...) However, now that you have clarified that she is not a mom and this was most definitely not her child's party... I find it a bit strange.

Not the dressing up, but the sexiness of the costume.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I feel the same way as Sabine, for some reason her youth and that she''s not a mom excuses her a little for me, I''m not really sure why. I can''t really explain it, maybe it''s because I have a 21 year old daughter, and sometimes she means well but makes the wrong choice on occasion due to being young and inexperienced? And maybe it''s because I''m almost 50, and right now 24 is really young to me, so I guess I am willing to cut her a break? I admit it''s weird that her youth changes it for me, but there you have it. I still think it was a poor choice of costume though, too sexy for a kid''s party.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I think if she's 24/25 and in college, she probably just didn't want to feel dowdy, since college is very much the kind of atmostphere where if it's not sexy, it's not acceptable. So she probably thought it was okay, because she was still covered, but she felt attractive. I doubt she even realized that the rules would be different for a kids party. I'm 23 and it's hard to find a costume that isn't either a) marketed as "sexy ________" or b) a nun. So since she didn't have skin showing, I bet she thought it was a happy medium.

That said, I think it's a little weird that she didn't get that the costume isn't 100% appropriate for a kid's party. When I originally read this, I thought she was hosting the party for her kid, and it seemed a little desperate to me. But given all the new information, I really think she just didn't know better and is going to look back on this in a couple of years thinking, "Holy cow, I can't believe I did that!"

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Wow, she must have an awesome figure! She sounds really sweet and fun. Hey, she works hard for her athletic body and I think the human form is really beautiful. I wouldn''t think twice about it other than, "You go, girl!" If it were me, however, I wouldn''t wear it - especially if there were going to be husbands around. She might have thought, "Eh, it''s borderline but since it''s a fun party with little kiddos... maybe it''ll pass as fun and not too sexy."

When I''m going out with couples or there are husbands around, I try to be modest out of respect for the other women. No one wants to be ogled by a friend''s husband, am I right? Ew! Can you imagine, pouring punch and seeing your friend''s husband doing this? ---->
31.gif
Yikes!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
lol HH
2.gif

Date: 3/17/2010 10:00:31 AM
Author: Sabine
Ok, I have no idea why this happened, but I just read through this thread for the first time. I was of the mind that it is inappropriate, and even if I had a body like that, I think dressing like that in front of my kid''s friends would make them uncomfortable. Yes, I think even at that age kids are aware.

But now that you clarified that she''s not a mom, I think that excuses her at least a little bit. Not sure why. I still think it''s not the best choice for a kid''s party, but I wouldn''t question her judgment quite as much.

Anyone else wonder if she ''sexed'' up the cowboy costume for the toy story party?
She did not
3.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Fiery, don''t lie! You said it looked like Jessica Alba''s cowgirl costume from Sin City!

How is this like Toy Story? LOL
9.gif

JessAlbaSinCity.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results