shape
carat
color
clarity

how to read the color of Finewater''s sapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
LostSapphire, I just looked up your SMTR ring thread. Wow!! I love your ring, it is just so stunning!!!
30.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do keep us up to date on how your sapphire search goes and what you think of gary''s sapphire if you decide to see it IRL!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LostSapphire, I just sent Gary an e-mail. I think it is doable. Just for my interest, how large is yours (weight)?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crasru, I wrote you a dissertation. It''s on the appraisal thread.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2010 10:10:16 PM
Author: Harriet
Crasru, I wrote you a dissertation. It''s on the appraisal thread.
Thank you, Harriet.

God, you are a tax lawyer and you wrote me a dissertation? How much do you charge per hour? I must already owe an arm, leg and a Burmese ruby to you!
BTW, I deeply respect tax lawyers!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha. I'm taking a break. The potential stomach ulcer and persistent bronchitis wasn't worth it. My firm billed me out at $xx,xxx/hour once. Thankfully, I caught the mistake before the client received its bill. Glad to hear that someone out there respects us.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2010 10:06:19 PM
Author: crasru
LostSapphire, I just sent Gary an e-mail. I think it is doable. Just for my interest, how large is yours (weight)?
YAY!
36.gif
How exciting!

Specs on the BLUEBERRY:
2.04 ct
7.6mm diameter

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo, I see the sapphire''s on hold. Any updates?

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 1:32:51 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Oooo, I see the sapphire's on hold. Any updates?
YAY!

Updates! Updates! WE WANT UPDATES!!!
LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
*bump*

...taps finger....f5 f5 f5
31.gif

LS

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I called Gary - his 3 ct one is very similar to yours, LS. A recutting into a RB one will reduce the weight by 50%. We discussed to recut into a oval one - I do not want to lose 50% of weight. He told me it would take him a while because he wanted to do a better job.

Interesting guy. I asked him about the "process" meaning if I had to pay upfront - he described all the details of cutting.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK so that I make myself clear. Gary interpreted my queston about "process" in the way of me wanting to know what cutting implies and described all the process of precision cutting from beginning to an end! I did not understand much but it surely was interesting!. I lkie the fact that he is so compulsive about his work, hopefully it will work out well.

Jeff contacted me, too, but it was in a couple of days after I spoke to Gary and I had already commissioned the work.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you''re on the way! Do you have any idea as to how long it will take?

LS

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo. I can''t wait to see how it turns out!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a pity you missed Jeff because if you check StepCutNut’s thread, her recut round blue sapphire is gorgeous! Oh well, sometimes it happens because timing is never perfect. I’ll be following the progress of your stone with interest.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2010 8:37:34 AM
Author: Chrono
It’s a pity you missed Jeff because if you check StepCutNut’s thread, her recut round blue sapphire is gorgeous! Oh well, sometimes it happens because timing is never perfect. I’ll be following the progress of your stone with interest.
I totally agree. But Jeff was either busy cutting her sapphire, or he just doesn''t check his messages that often. When a jeweller doesn''t return your email, it may mean different things - my first implication would be that he is not interested. But when I saw her thread, I totally understood what you meant. Oh, well.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think you guys are talking about my thread. And if ya are..thanks! Jeff was a little hard to get in touch with at first. It seemed like two days would pass in between emails and then I realized he is just swamped. We started communicating at the very beginning of January and it took several weeks and lots of nights of me hitting refresh on my email hoping that night would be the night I would hear from him, before I paid a deposit and even then he told me it would be another 3-4 weeks before he would be able to work on it because of other projects he was working on. I''m so glad I waited it out though (i wasn''t in a huge hurry) because I am smitten.

However, that being said I REALLY love the color of the stone you have on hold. I think it''s very close to my color. Are you considering having him recut it?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2010 6:58:50 PM
Author: stepcutgirl
I think you guys are talking about my thread. And if ya are..thanks! Jeff was a little hard to get in touch with at first. It seemed like two days would pass in between emails and then I realized he is just swamped. We started communicating at the very beginning of January and it took several weeks and lots of nights of me hitting refresh on my email hoping that night would be the night I would hear from him, before I paid a deposit and even then he told me it would be another 3-4 weeks before he would be able to work on it because of other projects he was working on. I'm so glad I waited it out though (i wasn't in a huge hurry) because I am smitten.

However, that being said I REALLY love the color of the stone you have on hold. I think it's very close to my color. Are you considering having him recut it?

He is recutting it. He said it would take him a while because he wanted to do the best possible job. I am OK with waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results