Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 3c-4c

• any diamond is too big!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2005 4:36:21 PM
Author: Matatora
F&I- your towels..yes they will likely fall apart. We sent those off to NC with my little brother and they did not really survive camp, you can tell they are towels still but barely.
39.gif
39.gif
Were they the newer Martex ones that comes in all those great colors? Maybe I don't want to know.
39.gif
Because they are the most absorbant, lush, big towels I've had in a while. I've tried quite a few & one the surface liked those the best.

The towel isn't too big or too small.
2.gif
But, just to comment negatively on the issue
2.gif
It's too big to hand to dry quickly. It's too small for a beach towel.

I must be giddy today.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Then I wont tell you...though perhaps I ought to mention that he is 12 and a boy...and it was camp. A great way to test a number of products is to send them to camp with boys.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/8/2005 4:31:05 PM
Author: fire&ice
See this is what I have a hard time understanding...

O.K. - not owning a car. I would think you are a savy city dweller, environmentally conscious or have your own driver. Why is it that the negative has to come to mind? ....you don''t own a car because you can''t afford one. I wouldn''t own a car if it wasn''t a necessity. I even hate to drive. I rather envy you.

O.K. - the staying at home - I would think you are doing what is right for *your* family. Why would someone assume that you are rich and spoiled? Or assume you must make your own money?

Seems that a persons reality is pushed upon everyone else. We all do it. I think the wisest comment was in one of the diamond size threads regarding the perfect size. ''The perfect size is the one on your finger give or take .25 points.''
2.gif
Quite a bit of wisdom in that sentiment.

It''s always a damned if you do. Damned if you don''t. Someone''s either going to think it''s too big or too small. Too rich. Too poor. And, for pete''s sake - to bump or not to bump.

I do miss the old days. The only post MC made that truly upset me was in the towel thread.
39.gif
39.gif
I was just about to post about the great absorbant towels I was soooooooo feeling the love for from Costco. She pre-empted with her towels (even the cheery yellow ones
39.gif
39.gif
) were falling apart. Will this be my fate???
39.gif
2.gif
9.gif
Yours are Martex correct? Cause my Utica one''s from the Costco did indeed fall apart. I was hoping for better luck with these. I know, I digress.
The car thing I don''t really have an opinion on. Where I live, everyone has a car. There isn''t much in the way of public transportation other than the bus. and the bus doesn''t come out to where I live. As a matter of fact, the people in our subdivision are fighting the MTD to KEEP the buses out of our area. To me, it''s no biggie one way or the other. I doubt I''d ever take the bus, because I have a car, but if my car broke down or was in the shop, I''d probably consider the bus. I don''t see car ownership anything to get in a twist over.

Not working. Big can ''o worms. It took a long time for me not to feel sensitive about that once I made the decision to quit working and stay home. Still to this day, when we go out with a large group of people that I don''t know well, invariably someone will ask me what I "do". When I tell them that I''m a nurse, but currently stay at home with the kiddies, I get such mixed reactions. Some people act like they pity me (don''t get that one at all) Some people act like I''m very lazy and should be out there in the work force pulling my own weight instead of relying on my husband to support me (like he would be able to do what he does if I DIDN''T stay home???) and then there are the people who act envious, like it must be sooooooo nice to be a lady of luxury (what luxury??? I have more work to do now than I EVER did working 12 hour shifts in the ER, and I don''t even get PAID for it...lol).

The size of a diamond thing? I have to admit, I never got that one, either. Oh, maybe back in my early 20''s, when myself and my peer group were all getting engaged for the first time, there was a lot of comparison gossip going on. It seemed like so much more of a big deal back then. But I think I''ve grown up since then, and now when I see some other woman''s diamond, I''m usually just admiring the thing for what it is! I like them all! I''ve seen a lot that would be too big for my taste, and a lot that would be too small for my taste. Same thing goes for shapes. Some shapes I just don''t care for at all (keeping that info to myself, though
2.gif
) and other shapes I DROOL over. I chose to have what I have for a mulititude of reasons, and I usually assume that most other people had their reasons as well. Occasionally, everyone runs into the obnoxious person who has some huge stone that they obviously want to show off with. I''m sure everyone knows people like that. Not that I''m against showing off, cuz I do it, too. But the people who have to keep telling you over and over how BIG their stone is, or how much money it cost, or how "flawless" it is. To me, that stuff is only important if the stone belongs to ME. I don''t care all that much about other''s people''s stones, other than to admire their beauty and congratulate the owner. Nor do I feel intimidated by the people who have bigger diamonds than I do, or feel supieror to or pity the people who have diamonds smaller than mine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results