Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 3c-4c

• any diamond is too big!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and to be fair....How small is too small?? I am sure this will be VERY controversial, esp for those will smaller stones...and of course we all love diamonds IN ANY SIZE.....but if we can banter about too big being tacky, when is too small TOO SMALL?
11.gif

When is a diamond hardly visible to you...when do you have to peer to see it? What is your minimum mental requirement on what size the stone should be to not be TOO SMALL?

NOTE: 'any diamond is too big' last one..should be 'any diamond is too SMALL'. Sorry.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I'm willing to bet that you will have very little participation on this thread except that my 1/2 is perfect for me.

It seems it's far more entertaining to bash about large stones. I'm not offended. Just an interesting point.

Now, I'm sure if we were discussing something other than diamonds - too small would be really batted about.
11.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Seeing this poll reminded me of my mother's wedding set. She had one of those wonderfully engraved illusion heads. The diamond was barely more than a chip that gave her charming ring sparkle and dazzle. But the workmanship of the illusion head was wonderful!!
12.gif

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Are we talking about just an e-ring stone size, or a diamond used for any purpose? My opinion of size varies greatly between e-ring, earring, or pendant.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess in general an e-ring, but it could apply to anything on the HAND for this poll.

Not earrings, because so many people wear very tiny dot earrings...that would skew the poll.

jcard71

Rough_Rock
Anything under 1.17ct is TO SMALL!
Up_to_something.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Again, all of you who have diamonds that are too big or too small for your taste, please direct them in my direction.

I will take all rejects big & small!
9.gif

drdeano

Rough_Rock
It's not the size that counts....it's how you wiggle your diamond!

LOL - Sorry..could not resist!

Reading threads about "diamond size and what it says about you" reminds me of Junior High lockerroom chatter.

I guess this is why I was happy to see numbers involved in the diamond purchase..Subjectiveness leads to divisiveness.

...Just passing through
rodent.gif
wink2.gif

-DrD

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
Reading threads about 'diamond size and what it says about you' reminds me of Junior High lockerroom chatter.

I
-DrD----------------

You're right. I cannot believe I'm wasting my time with these silly catty threads. Okay, I'm through!

Edited to add: I feel sorry for Leo as this is a huge insult to PS and its community. These should be deleted. This all makes his entire board look ridiculous for "trying" to push peoples' buttons by rating TACKINESS status. Shame on us!

Michelle

Uncle Marty

Rough_Rock
HI Mara, Please send me your e-mail address.
I cannot find your request for a Tourmaline.
Uncle Marty of course

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 3/3/2004 2:14:02 PM fire&ice wrote:

It seems it's far more entertaining to bash about large stones. I'm not offended----------------

Why is it that someone stating their preference for a smaller stone is perceived as "bashing" large stones?

Does that also mean that you stating your preference for a larger stone should be interpreted as bashing small stones, too?

11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who is rating tackiness status?

These are all polls for fun?

Honestly if anyone is offended, get over it!!
2.gif
Wear your diamonds, be happy, answer the poll. It's anonymous, and people only draw attn to themselves when they post re: their thoughts.
2.gif
If that is undesirable, just vote silently!
2.gif

I voted that I think that anything under 1c is too small. Doesn't mean that they aren't beautiful. Nor would I turn them down if offered.
9.gif

BTW Uncle Marty...I didn't send a request for a tourmaline, which is probably why you can't find it...I'm just searching passively.
1.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 3/3/2004 4:18:59 PM Mara wrote:

These are all polls for fun?

----------------
Isn't that what White Diamonds said?
2.gif
9.gif
12.gif

Obsessed

Shiny_Rock
I am loving it! I forgot to take the small size limit poll into account! I guess the majority feels that 1 carat is the limit before it becomes 'too tiny' In about a few years, lets do the poll again and see if the 1 to 1.5 carat range becomes definately too small. Then I'll have to upgrade to a 1.75 carat just to be able to excercise the tiffany upgrade option! I need to start saving for another 14grand! Ouch!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't like it? Don't play.

I don't think she ever said that.
9.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Obsessed, I voted .5-.75. Like the 1ct stone you got, or the one my friend has, 1ct looks big on some fingers. I tried my friend's 1ct and it was quite hefty looking. I took off my earrings (.5cts each) and put them on my finger, and they did look too small...Upgrade if she REALLY wants to, but I think her ring is PERFECT for her petite hands!!!! Don't get sucked into the "bigger is better' syndrome. It's not always!

Also, if I had a choice of a 2.5ct K, SI2 stone or a well cut .89ct F VS1 stone, I would choose the smaller one, because I like the quality of the stone and that's MY priority, but ask any of the gals here, and they may disagree...when it comes down to it, it's your gal's decision for upgrade, color clarity or not...I think your ring is perfect!
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm.... is a 30k worth 0.5 cts diamond too small
angryfire.gif

What's with all this narrow, social convention stuff
read.gif

Obsessed

Shiny_Rock
LawGem,

Nice new avatar. I guess the whole Bennifer thing has caught up to you. Sean Connery is an excellent choice
2.gif
. That being said, yes this is a fun poll... VERY fun infact. Anybody who is secure and confidant about themselves is obviously gonna find these superficial polls amusing. I wouldn't get too stirred up about it if someone thought my fiancee's ring is too small or too yellow.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a lovely dredged up re-post....but I still don't see where she said "if you don't like...don't play?"

Am I missing something?!
confused.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
I was making a joke that obviously fell flat. Sorry.
14.gif

I'm done here.
1.gif

Obsessed

Shiny_Rock
bsessed, I voted .5-.75. Like the 1ct stone you got, or the one my friend has, 1ct looks big on some fingers. I tried my friend's 1ct and it was quite hefty looking. I took off my earrings (.5cts each) and put them on my finger, and they did look too small...Upgrade if she REALLY wants to, but I think her ring is PERFECT for her petite hands!!!! Don't get sucked into the "bigger is better' syndrome. It's not always!"

9.gif
You took my comment about upgrading to a 1.75 carat seriously? LOL. I was just being sarcastic. Instead of spending another 14K to upgrade the "engagement ring"(can you actually replace to Original?), I'll spend the money on something else for my wife... like anniversary ring and/or vacation. I like the idea of her wearing the 1 carat lucida everyday to remind her of our union, and may be for special events she can sport the fancier stuff(i'll eventually buy them in the future) without the e-ring but with the wedding band. I like combinations. The e-ring, to me, isn't ornamentation. It is a symbol!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HEY at least my poll was well-thought out and didn't have answers like:

'under 1c is too small'

'.75 is too small'

'my guy friend who said he just proposed to buy some time said that .50c is too small'

'my talking PhD said that .99c is too small'

'i want a burger and fries'

cry.gif
Credit where credit is due!!
9.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 3/3/2004 4:46:33 PM Mara wrote:

cry.gif
9.gif

----------------
Well, yes, at least your poll answers don't all cancel each other out.
9.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried to vote, but was disappointed to find that there was no way to say that 1 point was fine :). My engagement ring had *two* 1 point diamonds in it. (It still does.) I will try to post a picture of it here one day. The ones I have do not show how pretty it is.

Deb

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Bad bad lawgem! Bad! What are you hoping to start another cat fight against WD and Mara?

Mara: remember... 1/2 Persian...1/2 Persian...
9.gif

Wow, it's like debating religion or politics! Red button issues. Size...does it matter?
2.gif
9.gif
11.gif

Obsessed

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 3/3/2004 4:46:33 PM Mara wrote:

HEY at least my poll was well-thought out and didn't have answers like:

'under 1c is too small'

'.75 is too small'

'my guy friend who said he just proposed to buy some time said that .50c is too small'

'my talking PhD said that .99c is too small'

'i want a burger and fries'

cry.gif
9.gif

----------------

9.gif
Very funny... that Cheeseburger and fries comment? Alot of guys in this country would choose life time supply of cheese burger and fries over a million dollar diamond ring(assuming you can't sell it). I am trying to brain storm a really funny poll... you've inspired me, Mara. Oh, i better get to studying for my midterm. Its in 4 hours.
14.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good question Nic...

I see it like this. Who CARES what people think about you and your stone...? Really?

"I think over 1c is horribly tacky and means that the person is a hootchie."

My stone is a 1.25c...oh wait..I'm horribly hootchie. SO? I still loveeee my stone and actually think it's too small. Mama!

"I think that .50c is too small and is like a speck of sparkle."

My stone is .45c which must mean my hubby is cheap. SO? I still love my speck and yes I think it's perfect.

Who really cares. These polls were created in fun, because of the other thread on 'size' and honestly, people should not be offended one way or the other. Differing opinions is what makes this board work. We don't all have to get along or agree all the time.

F&I noted she didn't think this particular thread would get alot of responses because 'too small' is a sensitive issue. I agree with her, but WHY is that? It does seem that it seems perfectly appropriate to call someone's stone too big on this forum, but if someone says that a size is too small..all hell breaks loose and everyone starts crying in their Cheerios.

Too big too small, doesn't matter! Diamonds are diamonds, we love them, they sparkle. Yay. Just answer the poll. Or don't.
2.gif
I will still love ya. Mostly.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 3/3/2004 4:51:08 PM Nicrez wrote:

Bad bad lawgem! Bad! What are you hoping to start another cat fight against WD and Mara?

----------------

Since WD is long gone, I think we're safe.

9.gif

That said, should someone resurrect that thread with a new post, I stand ready to receive my flogging.
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results