shape
carat
color
clarity

How polite are you around your DH?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I for instance, refuse to leave the door open when I''m going to the bathroom lol but I have no problem burping in front of him. I know there are some couples who don''t have modesty at all! Where would you say you are on a scale of 1 to 10? 1 being like living with tom green and 10 being like living with the queen of england lol :)

I''d say we are about a 3 or 4 :D

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I am pretty modest even though we have lived together for years. I think the only time we have ever been in the bathroom together are very rare mornings when he is in the shower and I need to potty - I will knock on the door amd ask if it is okay for me to do my business real quick and let me stress he is always securely inside the shower first
2.gif
. Otherwise I keep more personal activities personal. I have burped in front of him - I love rootbeer and that''s an unfortunate side effect. I almost always remember to say "excuse me" though
1.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m pretty polite in general, so I''d probably fall somewhere around a 7 or 8 on your scale.

I refuse to leave the door open, in fact I don''t even like him to be in the bathroom when I''m brushing my teeth. I like to be in the bathroom all by myself, thankyouverymuch.
We still say "please" and "thank you" to each other, but that''s more about respecting each other and not taking each other for granted than being polite.

DH does see me in my pjs with glasses on, no makeup, and hair askew, though. I''m not the type to do myself up if we''re just lounging around the house.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I try to be as polite as possible with everyone... I don''t see why now that we''re married we shouldn''t be polite to each other anymore!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Number one is okay with us, number 2 is always behind closed doors with the fan on.
2.gif
He farts, I don''t. He does say excuse me though.
20.gif
1.gif
We both belch. Pleases and thank yous are a must.

So maybe a 3?

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
For the most part we keep the door closed and only go in one at a time. But sometimes he thinks it''s funny if he knows I''m just going #1 to open the door and shout something like *boogedy boogedy boo* just for the heck off it to scare me lol. At this point, I''ve pretty much grown to expect that if I can hear him trying to move quietly outside the door haha

charbie

Ideal_Rock
we don''t usually use the toilet around each other, however most everything else is fair game. Honestly, i think seeing anyone on a toilet is just unattractive...so no thanks.
14.gif

our main bathroom is pretty small though, so i don''t enjoy having to cram ourselves in there anyway...unless of course we''re both in a rush to get a shower...
2.gif
2.gif
31.gif
31.gif

as for other body funtions...i''m just gonna say that my hubby is a champion gas passer, which drives me nuts but has almost become an endearing quality.

we probably rate about a 3-4 on your scale as well.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think we're probably a 3. We're very open with each other but we have established boundaries. Like we'll fart in front of each other or engage in hysterical potty humor antics (dutch oven anyone??), but I won't go to the bathroom in front of him and he won't go in front of me. I don't swear AT him or call him names, though I do swear in front of him and call other people names.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2009 4:10:20 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I think we''re probably a 3. We''re very open with each other but we have established boundaries. Like we''ll fart in front of each other or engage in hysterical potty humor antics (dutch oven anyone??), but I won''t go to the bathroom in front of him and he won''t go in front of me. I don''t swear AT him or call him names, though I do swear in front of him and call other people names.

For sure, we''ve agreed that name calling is not even an option, EVER! well unless we are kidding around with each other and then it has been deemed ok to call the other an a.. But anything else is not ok.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2009 4:05:45 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
For the most part we keep the door closed and only go in one at a time. But sometimes he thinks it''s funny if he knows I''m just going #1 to open the door and shout something like *boogedy boogedy boo* just for the heck off it to scare me lol. At this point, I''ve pretty much grown to expect that if I can hear him trying to move quietly outside the door haha
23.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2009 4:41:09 PM
Author: Haven

23.gif
lol that''s boys for you

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are one tolerant woman, Smurfy. I would have DH''s head on a plate if he ever did that to me!

But then again, I have recurring nightmares about not being able to find a bathroom with a stall when I''m out and about, so I suppose I might be a bit sensitive when it comes to this issue.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2009 5:22:11 PM
You are one tolerant woman, Smurfy. I would have DH''s head on a plate if he ever did that to me!

But then again, I have recurring nightmares about not being able to find a bathroom with a stall when I''m out and about, so I suppose I might be a bit sensitive when it comes to this issue.

Quite possible, I grew up a real outdoors girl and a girl scout and even went on to be a leader for about 3 years. If there''s a tree, and I gotta go, well yeah lol I mean as long as it''s not like a city park or in the middle of town somewhere, of course I wouldn''t use THOSE trees
oi...is monday over yet lol

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
We are about a 5...but I think that while we are very open with each other, we are never disrespectful. For example, we don''t use the bathroom in front of each other and we mostly try to spare each other when we are passing gas (unless it''s very unexpected or sudden, and we always apologize), but we always shower together and we don''t seek to brush our teeth together, but don''t mind if it happens.

He always wipes the counter after he shaves and I just can''t floss in front of him (weird, I know), but I don''t mind putting on my makeup and he has told me that he loves how I climb up on the counter to get closer to the mirror to do my eye makeup.

As far as name calling, I think that is incredibly disrespectful and I would never want us to think it''s okay to call each other names privately, becasue those things have a way of slipping out publicly...and I would hate for other people to think that we speak to each other that way.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2009 5:48:33 PM

Quite possible, I grew up a real outdoors girl and a girl scout and even went on to be a leader for about 3 years. If there''s a tree, and I gotta go, well yeah lol I mean as long as it''s not like a city park or in the middle of town somewhere, of course I wouldn''t use THOSE trees
That''s really interesting, because I''m super outdoorsy, too. I went to sleepover camps for nine summers and then worked at them as a young adult, and we either had to use porta-potties, latrines (GROSS!), or the woods. I''ve also gone on so many hiking and outward bound type trips I can''t even count them. It''s strange that I''m fine with using the great outdoors as my personal bathroom when I''m, well, in the great outdoors, but when I''m at home I am just as private as can be.

AND, we showered in one big room at camp, so it was *really* open.

Maybe I''m just a head case!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2009 6:20:27 PM
Date: 12/14/2009 5:48:33 PM

That''s really interesting, because I''m super outdoorsy, too. I went to sleepover camps for nine summers and then worked at them as a young adult, and we either had to use porta-potties, latrines (GROSS!), or the woods. I''ve also gone on so many hiking and outward bound type trips I can''t even count them. It''s strange that I''m fine with using the great outdoors as my personal bathroom when I''m, well, in the great outdoors, but when I''m at home I am just as private as can be.

AND, we showered in one big room at camp, so it was *really* open.

Maybe I''m just a head case!

Lol sounds like it, JK :) If you don''t mind me asking, what exactly is a latrine? Lol it doesn''t sound too nice

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Latrines are beautified holes in the ground.

Ours looked like this, but they didn''t such nice seats or covers. They were more like cylinders sticking up out of the ground. Imagine a lot of flies, other insects, and rodents hanging around too. Those are the latrines of my girl scout sleepover camp years. Ah, the memories.

Latirinehondurasps.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
We're probably a 3 or 4, mostly because of DH I think
11.gif
We use the bathroom at the same time because we have two sinks, but I get really POed if DH tries to pee while I'm in there. Not ok, buddy! He rarely does it, but that doesn't make it ok. I am, however, totally ok with taking a shower while the other one is getting ready, etc. It's not like the shower curtain is clear or anything. DH also farts in front of me all the time, but I guess that's not really his fault ... I'm not going to make the poor guy run to another room 8 times a night. It still annoys the crap out of me though! Haha.

ETA: We do say please, thank you, and excuse me though! I guess DH is gross sometimes, but at least he's polite about it.

ETA2: I did just remember that we call each other names in jest all the time. I don't mind it, except sometimes DH goes a little too far and I have to call him out on it. Clearly he doesn't mean these things, but it's a bad habit to get into, even if you're joking. I wouldn't want him to say something like that in front of others
6.gif
I think this stems from us being friends in college first, where that kind of name calling is common
3.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/14/2009 7:01:57 PM
Latrines are beautified holes in the ground.

Ours looked like this, but they didn''t such nice seats or covers. They were more like cylinders sticking up out of the ground. Imagine a lot of flies, other insects, and rodents hanging around too. Those are the latrines of my girl scout sleepover camp years. Ah, the memories.
We call them outhouses here in Canada. Mr. Kama''s uncle owns a cottage in the middle of an isolated lake, with no power and minimal water. The outhouses are soooo awful, I wanna gag!

In England/India, public washrooms are called latrines.

We brush our teeth together everyday, and shower together often. I like my own time in the washroom, but don''t mind sharing (unless I''m voiding bodily excretions!). We don''t swear at each other either. I think the most I''ve done is told him he''s ''acting'' like a jerk!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kama--That''s interesting, thanks for the info! I studied in England during college and never picked up on that. (I did, however, learn that my name, Lori, means "truck." I''m a lorry. Nice.)

I think that the use of the word latrine is often used for public toilets in military areas, which is probably why my girl scout camp called them latrines. The camp definitely had strong military influence.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Oh jeez, I am actually sorta surprise (and embarrassed) to see the responses...I thought most married people went to the restroom in front of their spouses
40.gif

We aren''t going to be married for another 6 months but to be honest, we have been going potty in front of one another for, gosh, like 3 years! We basically don''t even notice if the other person is going, thats how natural it is. We do go #2 with the door closed but seeing as how we only have one bathroom in our apartment, sometimes its unavoidable if the other person is showering.

We shower together often, always brush our teeth together (since we generally hit the sack at the same time,) and burp in front of each other (I am lady-like, I swear!!!) We are just very comfortable I guess, and maybe a bit shameless! We undress in front of one another, goof off naked in front of one another...maybe I should stop before I humiliate myself too much!

We always tell each other please and thank you because if one of us forgets, the other will quickly say something sarcastically such as "You''re WELCOME HONEY!" I guess when I hear the word polite, I think of strangers, co-workers or guests. With my FI, its basically say/do anything!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're a 9!
23.gif
We have never passed gas in front of one another, we NEVER go to the bathroom with the door open (we actually have separate bathrooms!), we don't belch around each other, etc. I don't even think DH has seen me brush my teeth, lol. I think it's good to have lots of mystery in a marriage.
2.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/14/2009 9:22:04 PM
Kama--That''s interesting, thanks for the info! I studied in England during college and never picked up on that. (I did, however, learn that my name, Lori, means ''truck.'' I''m a lorry. Nice.)

I think that the use of the word latrine is often used for public toilets in military areas, which is probably why my girl scout camp called them latrines. The camp definitely had strong military influence.
Ha ha, yes, lorry = truck! Dicky = trunk. Lift = elevator. Gosh, I could go on and on about all the crazy words I use!!

Re: the latrines, makes sense. I think we can definitely agree that latrines/outhouses are absolutely disgustingly nasty. BLECH.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
awwwww i see! We called them outhouses here as well. They are pretty gross. Sometimes I just peed in the woods to avoid the outhouse haha

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2009 9:22:19 PM
Author: laughwithme
Oh jeez, I am actually sorta surprise (and embarrassed) to see the responses...I thought most married people went to the restroom in front of their spouses
40.gif

We aren''t going to be married for another 6 months but to be honest, we have been going potty in front of one another for, gosh, like 3 years! We basically don''t even notice if the other person is going, thats how natural it is. We do go #2 with the door closed but seeing as how we only have one bathroom in our apartment, sometimes its unavoidable if the other person is showering.

We shower together often, always brush our teeth together (since we generally hit the sack at the same time,) and burp in front of each other (I am lady-like, I swear!!!) We are just very comfortable I guess, and maybe a bit shameless! We undress in front of one another, goof off naked in front of one another...maybe I should stop before I humiliate myself too much!

We always tell each other please and thank you because if one of us forgets, the other will quickly say something sarcastically such as ''You''re WELCOME HONEY!'' I guess when I hear the word polite, I think of strangers, co-workers or guests. With my FI, its basically say/do anything!
We''re the same way.

After seeing my mom and dad go through what they went through (cancer does terrible terrible things to your digestive system), and knowing that FI''s parents went through something very similar, all bets are off. Not to mention the beginning of our relationship when FI needed help sitting down and getting up from the toilet after his open heart surgery. And showering. And everything.

And there is nothing wrong with bodily functions, although number 2 is by far more private, FI is a handy toilet paper fetcher. And he''s excellent at holding my hair back when I''m sick.

I''m his nursemaid and he is mine. I imagine it will stay like that for a good long time.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freke--Your FI had open heart surgery?! How wonderful that you were there to nurse him through recovery. Wow.

Your post reminded me that we do become far less private when one of us is sick. I threw out my back and couldn''t move for over ten hours one day last year. I was drying off after my shower, leaned over to grab my hair straightener to plug it in, and felt a horrible pain and couldn''t moved. I screamed for DH, who ran in, helped me into bed, and then took care of me the rest of the day. He dressed me very gingerly, and when it became clear that I wasn''t able to get up to use the loo he ran out and bought adult diapers for me. I couldn''t bear the idea of using a diaper, so I managed to wait out the long hours until I felt well enough to hobble into the loo. However, he was more than willing to slip one of those puppies on me, and if I had been laid up much longer, I would have complied.

It''s nice to have someone to take care of you, isn''t it? And vice versa, of course.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 12:06:47 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 12/14/2009 9:22:19 PM

Author: laughwithme

40.gif

We always tell each other please and thank you because if one of us forgets, the other will quickly say something sarcastically such as ''You''re WELCOME HONEY!'' I guess when I hear the word polite, I think of strangers, co-workers or guests. With my FI, its basically say/do anything!

We''re the same way.

After seeing my mom and dad go through what they went through (cancer does terrible terrible things to your digestive system), and knowing that FI''s parents went through something very similar, all bets are off. Not to mention the beginning of our relationship when FI needed help sitting down and getting up from the toilet after his open heart surgery. And showering. And everything.

And there is nothing wrong with bodily functions, although number 2 is by far more private, FI is a handy toilet paper fetcher. And he''s excellent at holding my hair back when I''m sick.

I''m his nursemaid and he is mine. I imagine it will stay like that for a good long time.

Freke, we are the same way (even though he''s my BF, not DH). We got comfortable with each other VERY quickly, in part because we had a serious medical emergency on our 3rd date that required a trip to the ER. Since we live together in a 700 sq ft apartment, we''re not too squeamish (though we do keep our #2s private
3.gif
).

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 12:18:39 AM
Freke--Your FI had open heart surgery?! How wonderful that you were there to nurse him through recovery. Wow.

Your post reminded me that we do become far less private when one of us is sick. I threw out my back and couldn't move for over ten hours one day last year. I was drying off after my shower, leaned over to grab my hair straightener to plug it in, and felt a horrible pain and couldn't moved. I screamed for DH, who ran in, helped me into bed, and then took care of me the rest of the day. He dressed me very gingerly, and when it became clear that I wasn't able to get up to use the loo he ran out and bought adult diapers for me. I couldn't bear the idea of using a diaper, so I managed to wait out the long hours until I felt well enough to hobble into the loo. However, he was more than willing to slip one of those puppies on me, and if I had been laid up much longer, I would have complied.

It's nice to have someone to take care of you, isn't it? And vice versa, of course.
Yeah. We had only started dating 3 months before. Wait. We officially started dating May 5th, 2006 and his surgery was July 17th 2006. He was in the hospital for two weeks, then stayed at his sister's apartment for a week afterward, and I stayed in his room with him while he was there (me on the floor, him on the bed). Then when he finally didn't have to have 24/7 care, we moved back into his apartment. He couldn't do anything by himself for a long time. Showering, sitting down on the toilet, getting up from the toilet, etc.

So any sense of privacy went out the window. I guess that is just what happens when someone's breastbone gets sawed in half.
3.gif

It is nice to have someone to take care of you. And it's nice to take care of them too.

ETA: btw, it was to correct a birth defect--a messed up heart valve that had to be replaced. He's part pig now.
1.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! we close the door for #2, but not for #1. so when he''s doing #1, standing there with his back to me, I swing the door open and say, "So... what ya doin?" or I''ll be sitting on there trying to engage him in conversation and he''ll be like, "Um... can we talk after you''re done?" luckily our toilet has it''s own teeny tiny little room and is not in the bathroom. I wouldn''t mind him going while I was in the shower... I just don''t think a toilet should be in the same room as a toothbrush.

otherwise, I guess we''re a -5. he walks around naked, makes lewd jokes, we have no problem being in the bathroom together both naked grabbing each others bums, showering together ("I can see your winky"). I''ll stop a movie to say "I have to go poo", we burp, we fart (we blame it on the Tasmanian barking spider). I don''t mind farting until they get smelly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results