shape
carat
color
clarity

how often do you talk to your mom?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
i talk to my mom almost every day (we live about 500 miles apart). dh thinks this is a little excessive....

so how often do YOU talk?

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Probably every other day or so. Sometimes less often, sometimes more often. I love my mom - she is amazing. My DH doesn''t care. He loves my mom too
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Once a week on average. It''s been more lately due to the wedding planning, but typically once a week.

We live 1800 miles apart.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s been many years. Since I was pregnant with my second son, so about six years since our last phone conversation. It''s been 10 years since I''ve been face-to-face with her. I don''t even know if she is alive.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I talk to my mom every day, we also talk to his mom every day.We both are very close to our parents :)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
once a week, maybe twice a week at most - usually they want to hear from their grandkids more
3.gif
, we live about 700 miles away.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Probably 3 or 4 times a week, but occasionally 3-4 times a day (if we''re planning a function, etc) We talk about dumb things as much as important things. I''ll call her when I''m picking out a paint color, she''ll call me when she''s got new zucchinis.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I call my mom probably once a week and we''ll talk for 30-45 minutes at a time (I often call her while driving home from work, so the call lasts about as long as my drive). FI talks to his mom usually 2 times a week, but only for 5 minutes at a time, so it''s different I guess. Plus, she''s always the one calling him
2.gif
Both of our moms live fairly far away so we don''t get to see them very often.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Almost always once or twice a day. Sometimes less, sometimes more.

eta: We live 300 miles apart
39.gif

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Every day. When I lived in the US we would talk several times a day but they would be quickie conversations as I would be on my to or home from work or when I was in college, on my way to class. When I wasn''t working over here we would speak for at least an hour every day...I was really really bored and she helped pass the time.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Probably 5-6 days a week - I usually call her on my way home from work or the gym.

FI calls his mom on his way home from work almost every day as well.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Almost everyday. I love talking to her and still ask her advice on a lot of things. I talk to my MIL maybe once or twice a week.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Almost every day. She''s one of my favorite people.
1.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Usually around every other day, sometimes less sometimes more. My mom is awesome.
1.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Wow I''m weird compared to you all! I usually talk to my mom maybe once a month or so? Now that our wedding is coming up it''s been a lot more frequent maybe every other week? FI talks to his mom almost everyday and talks to my mom more than I do.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Everyday. In my head. She passed away six years ago.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
every day...sometimes twice per day!. DH thinks I just talk too much period. I talk to my older sister like 4 times a day...hehe
My mom doesn''t live in the US so we typically talk in the morning via regular phone and then in the afternoon via Skype (video)
9.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 12:43:24 PM
Author: HollyS

Holly, I am so sorry to read that
8.gif
Sorry for your loss. I think it''s great you hold her close to your heart every day
5.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
About four times a week. She lives ~2000 miles away.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I talk to my mom a few times a week. It depends on what''s going on and how we''re getting along. She drives me nuts sometimes so I feel like I can only handle her in small amounts
3.gif
We don''t have huge blowouts or anything; just different opinions on big issues that neither of us will budge on. If we''re planning something then we''ll talk at least once a day, sometimes more.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
We live about 350 miles apart, and we talk on average about 4-5 times a week. Ususally every day of the week, and then on Sunday nights.

We just had the wedding and now we are preggo, so we have quite a bit to talk about.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
we talk every day. She lives in the same building as we do (8 floors below us). Even though we live that close, at times we don''t see each other for a week...but I do call to check in on them. My mom is living with a heart condition...so being so close is not only for her safety but my sanity.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Usually about twice a day, sometimes more. I love telling her the funny things my grandsons do or say.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 12:45:52 PM
Author: Mandarine

Date: 9/11/2009 12:43:24 PM
Author: HollyS

Holly, I am so sorry to read that
8.gif
Sorry for your loss. I think it''s great you hold her close to your heart every day
5.gif
Thank you.
2.gif
She''s very much ''with me'', and that has been a great comfort.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
My Mum is my best friend in the world! We live 3,000 miles apart and we talk on the phone everday. It''s gotten excessive lately because I''m on bedrest and I''m bored (haha, poor Mum), but we always have the best conversations ever.

We laugh because when we do get together we''re always like "I''m thirsty, let''s go to 7-11" and we realize it''s because we never shut up.

Love her to bits. :)

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Pretty much every day for us too! I so hope I have the kind of relationship with my daughter that my mother and I have.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I talk to my mom every day, sometimes multiple times a day. Sometimes it''s long conversations, and sometimes just to check in and see how we''re each doing. She only lives about 20 minutes away though so I''m lucky to be able to see her once or twice a week also.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Haven''t talked to her in 3.5 months. Don''t plan on it.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I talk to my mom almost every day, too, and she only lives about an hour away. I think you should talk to your mom however often you want to...not sure why it bothers your husband?

This might sound morbid but I know my parents won''t be around forever and I want to talk to them and see them as much as I can while I still have them.

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
My mom and I talk at least every other day. She only lives about 20 minutes from our house, so we get together usually once or twice a week, but especially on every Thursday to watch our favorite TV show together. We have gotten really close in the last few years!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results