shape
carat
color
clarity

How often do you Eat out/ Get takout during the week??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was curious how often you eat out during the week?

We go out to eat about 2 times a week for dinner. Also, I meet friends about 1 or 2 times during the week for lunch.
I rather eat in because I can better control my healthy choices. How about you??? I have a friend who eats out all the time but somehow manages to find healthy choices. I was just curious.
20.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
lately once a month
when I was working once a week (not counting lunch or it would be 5 days a week)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 10:45:49 PM
Author: strmrdr
lately once a month
when I was working once a week (not counting lunch or it would be 5 days a week)
you are like my hubby; he eats out everyday for lunch. I use to pack my lunch and work through lunch.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everyday.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I was kind of ashamed to answer until I read some of the posts; hubby and I eat lunch out(our main meal) every day and I love it
36.gif
36.gif

When I was teaching, I ate enough sandwiches and drank enough lukewarm tea (made five hours earlier and put in a thermos) to last a lifetime
38.gif
. Oh, and this was between interruptions on a 30 minute break.
7.gif

We rationalize now by saying we''re empty nesters
4.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We eat out twice a week. We also love getting take out from a great Japanese restaurant. On vacation in Nantucket, since out kitchen isn't finished we have to eat out. We have many family dinners, SIL is a chef, worked with Todd English for many years. Anyway, usual fair is Lobster with butter, clams with pasta, ( we go claming which is a ton of fun!! Amazing salads, the tomatoes are bright red, with mozzerella and EVOO. Lobster bisque, and of course calm chowder. We love taking everyone to our club, it's an old fashioned sort of place. They have family bingo, steak night and the best brunch ever. So good thing I get to come home, and be good. All that food, is really hard to resist!!
11.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 10:41:21 PM
Author:Skippy123
I was curious how often you eat out during the week?

We go out to eat about 2 times a week for dinner. Also, I meet friends about 1 or 2 times during the week for lunch.
I rather eat in because I can better control my healthy choices. How about you??? I have a friend who eats out all the time but somehow manages to find healthy choices. I was just curious.
20.gif
We order in and/or go out to dinner at least 4 times per week! I have to admit, I would be thinner if we stayed in, but it can be so difficult to cook when you are tired after a long day at work. We try to walk to where we want to eat, whenever possible or we take walks after dinner if we drove.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 10:48:01 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 7/20/2007 10:45:49 PM
Author: strmrdr
lately once a month
you are like my hubby; he eats out everyday for lunch. I use to pack my lunch and work through lunch.
I basicaly worked out of my car and ate at odd hours it would sometimes be 2-3pm before I took lunch and its impossible to keep lunch eatable that way.
It either froze or melted.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Boo Hoo...none. We eat out while on vacation...it is the yummiest time of the year. We''ve been known to pick up a subway but rarely. Healthy choices are at home.

DKS

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 11:21:56 PM
Author: Kaleigh
We eat out twice a week. We also love getting take out from a great Japanese restaurant. On vacation in Nantucket, since out kitchen isn't finished we have to eat out. We have many family dinners, SIL is a chef, worked with Todd English for many years. Anyway, usual fair is Lobster with butter, clams with pasta, ( we go claming which is a ton of fun!! Amazing salads, the tomatoes are bright red, with mozzerella and EVOO. Lobster bisque, and of course calm chowder. We love taking everyone to our club, it's an old fashioned sort of place. They have family bingo, steak night and the best brunch ever. So good thing I get to come home, and be good. All that food, is really hard to resist!!
11.gif
Olive's in DC and Las Vegas Bellagio, yummo
18.gif
You lucky girl; that is so cool about your SIL! Plus I am super jealous you get fresh clams.
18.gif
2.gif
11.gif
I need to move by the ocean.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
We eat out once-in-awhile, but hubby loves to bbq in the summer. California weather is perfect for it. We have a lot of friends over in summer, have pool parties and good old fashioned bbqs.

Linda

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We buy fast food for lunch about 2 or 3 times a week. It makes the healthy food choices hard. We probably eat supper out 2 to 3 times a week. We eat out more for ease than anything else.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Everyday.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 11:53:49 PM

Date: 7/20/2007 11:21:56 PM
Author: Kaleigh
11.gif
Olive's in DC and Las Vegas Bellagio, yummo
18.gif
You lucky girl; that is so cool about your SIL! Plus I am super jealous you get fresh clams.
18.gif
2.gif
11.gif
I need to move by the ocean.
If you ever get to Boston, Olive's there is the real deal. It was great knowing him way back when...
2.gif

I wear those heavy yellow cleaning gloves when I go claming, would hate to dig and reach a big ole crab!! But yeah, so fresh we either grill them, pouring a bit of butter and lemon juice over them , or steam them. Either way, it's yummy and a family affair. We compete over who finds the most. The kids eat that up!!
3.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
We usually eat out for dinner about once a week.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Eat at home most of the time.Having a garden full of fresh veggies helps a great deal.Only go out for special occasion or meeting with friend''s etc, but prefer to eat at home.That way I know exactly what goes into my food..

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
My BF and I eat out WAY too often. We go out together probably 3 times a week, plus he buys his lunch 6 days a week. That''s like $150-$200 EVERY week. We''re trying to cut back now that we''ve realized this.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m with you lucky star.

We eat out way too often. I actually really like cooking - but not when I''m tired from work.

It seems such a waste of money that could be spent on rocks!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
We eat dinner out twice a week. I go out to lunch with friends once or twice a month. DH eats lunch out every day.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
We eat out maybe 3-4 times a month. My hubby is on a diet that he cant keep to if we eat out. Man do I miss eating out.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am a total foodie, so we eat out a fair amount, but i do try to cook for us at home OR get pre-packed items from TJ's as well every week so that we can eat healthily and at home but i don't have to always 'cook'...i would say we eat out 1x during M-Thurs, and the other nights we eat at home. then we typically eat out on friday and saturday night, and sometimes sunday night as well depending on our schedule, we eat out way more in the summers due to parties, bbq's, birthdays, whatever. on sunday nights if we do eat at home i typically try to make something entirely from scratch or do something fun for us as that is when i actually have the time to dedicate to cooking. when i used to work at home i'd cook from scratch way more often than i do now, now we both get home about 7pm so it's easier to make a TJ's fresh pizza (20 min in the oven) than do much else.

in terms of lunch, i eat lunch out at work about 1-2x a week depending on corporate events or meeting friends, and greg eats out daily. he loves his lunches out and i can't get him to take a lunch, he loves the break from the office. and then on weekends, i typically meet friend(s) for lunch or brunch maybe 1-2x a month.

before we got our house and got married we ate out basically almost every night...it got really expensive over time, and also it is harder to make continuously healthy choices...so i like having control over what we eat at home for the most part...then when we do eat out, it's open season! we LOVE to bbq in the summer too so i love finding fun and unique ways for us to cook things outside so that we don't have to always go to a restaurant to have something diff.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Macie, your avatar is soooo cute!!!

Kaleigh, how fun on the clam digging contests.hehehe
9.gif

Harriet and DiaDiva, do you grocery shop?
20.gif

Isaku5 glad you are enjoying more things out there besides luewarm tea.
2.gif
Enjoy your retirement!!!

Omieluv, I understand cooking and long days of work; glad you walk to get your meals. That is a great idea!!

DKS, I enjoy eating out while traveling too!

Linda, yay on barbecues! I haven't seen you around; it is nice to see you!

Marcy have you tried the McD's grilled chicken salads; those are yummy!!

Snlee, I am like you w/eating out less often.

Scarleta, I perfer to eat at home too!

Luckystar, wowzers, it gets expensive eating out. There are some great easy cookbooks out there. Have you tried Trader Joe's prepackaged meals? They are pretty tasty!

Pandora, how is your new baby hedge hog?

Kimberly, my hubby is like your hubby eating out everyday at lunch; I don't know how they do it. I liked packing my lunch.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Skippy,

DH and I have been camping a lot, so I haven''t been on PS very much. I have miss you though. You are so darn sweet.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 6:32:44 AM
Author: Pandora II

We eat out way too often. I actually really like cooking - but not when I''m tired from work.

Tell me about it! And actually...that was my argument! haha. (Since I''m not engaged yet.) Last friday we went to a lovely little cajun restaurant and spent about $50. The next day we went to another restaurant and spent about $60. (It was a sports bar type restaurant so my BF was drinking beer.) Then, that night we went bowling for $34. On sunday, we got burritos for lunch for $15. It''s so weird because I love to cook!

That''s like $160 spent in ONE WEEKEND. And this is usually typical. Meanwhile, my ring finger is still bare. lol.

So, a couple of days ago I went and spent about $150 on groceries that should last us a couple of weeks at least. We''re gonna try to eat at home more, and if we want to go out with friends we''ll make sure we eat before we go.

Skippy, I''ve never heard of those meals, but I will definitely look them up! I bet it would help a lot. It''s not that I don''t like to cook, it''s that our pantry is practically empty. It seems like some people have all of these ingredients in their pantries, and I''m always like "what the heck do they have that for?" and I know why...it''s because they cook! lol. I have basic dry spices....and that''s it. So when I find a recipe I want to try out, I usually have to go to the grocery store to pick up a bunch of ingredients I don''t have and it ends up costing more to do THAT than to actually go out to eat in the first place!

So, long story short, I''m trying to build up my pantry so I have certain things on hand and I can cook at home more.
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 1:32:35 PM
Author: Linda W
Hi Skippy,

DH and I have been camping a lot, so I haven't been on PS very much. I have miss you though. You are so darn sweet.
Thank you, I think you are pretty darn sweet too! Do you have pics to share of your camping trip?
3.gif
How is your ring project?

Luckystar, maybe you can buy one of those recipe books called 4 ingredients and plan your meals from that and then go to the store. Maybe
20.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy,

No, we don''t take any pictures when we go.
15.gif
We go there so often, it is old hat to us. HA!!!!

As far as my ring project, I am still hemming and hawing over it. I kind of like the Pad ring without the matching band, so I haven''t ordered it yet. I think it will be too wide for my finger. I am a size 4 and 3/4 and think it may look too big and take away from the pad. I am still debating. I can''t make up my mind. UGH!!!!!
20.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 2:02:51 PM

Luckystar, maybe you can buy one of those recipe books called 4 ingredients and plan your meals from that and then go to the store. Maybe
20.gif
Skippy....we have a "cooking with THREE ingredients" book! hahahaha!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

In summer, we eat out/have take out almost everyday. I tire of the routine we have during school months--eating at home "on time" b/c of schedules and schoolwork...so in summer it is whatever goes. Sure we grill more, but it is still prep and cooking to me since I am the only one in the house who does it.....

cheers--Sharon

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, we actually eat out quite a bit less during the summer, however our increase in take-out whole foods prepared food or TJ''s prepared salads has shot up alot. In other months we eat out at 2 times a week.

So home-prepared meals are down to 3-4 times a week, but eating restaurant food is now occurs only 1 time a week.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 1:48:39 PM
Author: luckystar112
Date: 7/21/2007 6:32:44 AM

Author: Pandora II

Tell me about it! And actually...that was my argument! haha. (Since I''m not engaged yet.) Last friday we went to a lovely little cajun restaurant and spent about $50. The next day we went to another restaurant and spent about $60. (It was a sports bar type restaurant so my BF was drinking beer.) Then, that night we went bowling for $34. On sunday, we got burritos for lunch for $15. It''s so weird because I love to cook!

That''s like $160 spent in ONE WEEKEND. And this is usually typical. Meanwhile, my ring finger is still bare. lol.

So, a couple of days ago I went and spent about $150 on groceries that should last us a couple of weeks at least. We''re gonna try to eat at home more, and if we want to go out with friends we''ll make sure we eat before we go.

Skippy, I''ve never heard of those meals, but I will definitely look them up! I bet it would help a lot. It''s not that I don''t like to cook, it''s that our pantry is practically empty. It seems like some people have all of these ingredients in their pantries, and I''m always like ''what the heck do they have that for?'' and I know why...it''s because they cook! lol. I have basic dry spices....and that''s it. So when I find a recipe I want to try out, I usually have to go to the grocery store to pick up a bunch of ingredients I don''t have and it ends up costing more to do THAT than to actually go out to eat in the first place!

So, long story short, I''m trying to build up my pantry so I have certain things on hand and I can cook at home more.
9.gif

Luckystar - this is exactly what happens to us. We never realize how much we spend until it''s been one weekend and we realize we''ve spent over $200!

We usually eat out 3 times a week for dinner and we both pretty much buy lunch at work every day. I have been coming home a bit, but the fi eats lunch out every day. It''s hard to cook during the week, but I am much happier when we do. Restaurant food always makes me feel a bit icky, and god only knows what is in it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results