shape
carat
color
clarity

How often do you change your perfume... And how do you find a new one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/9/2008 12:55:45 AM
Author: diamondfan
I love that one, Lorelei! I find it reminds me of violets if that makes sense. I am so glad you told me about it. It is so different.

Having kids, my chemistry is so changed. I cannot wear a lot of things I used to, they turn nasty on me. But I can wear new things that I could not wear before.
I find that also, I am so glad you like it, a very unique perfume! I love the lipsticky dry down!

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
I love Comptoir Sud Pacifique, the Vanilla line. I smelled it for the first time on this lady in the health food store. She smelled like COOKIES!!!!! I immediately got some, and it is my signature scent, for several years now. Also, Flowerbomb!!! I smelled that all over the place the first time I went to NYC. I had no clue what it was until I got back home, and a perfume sample was in a magazine, and I smelled it, and KNEW that it was the scent that I had been smelling all over NYC!!! It must have been during launch time for that fragrance. I also like Patchouly oil and Sandalwood oil. Ohh, and Demeter fragrances too!!!! Oh, and Black Opium fragrance oil by Auric Blends!!!! Also the Happy line from Clinique.
36.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
hehe, I can totally see why you like flowerbomb if you like cookies and vanilla.
Flowerbomb to me is too candy like/sweet. In the dry down I smell like vanilla.
It is great for someone who loves vanilla though.

I''m hoping I like Eau de Merveilles too. I ordered the sample. Should get it by the end of the week.

Somehow Collide- Not too much of a perfume junkie. Just love "trying" to find that signature scent. Have a feeling it''s never going to happen as there are too many perfumes out there to try.

I recently ordered 18 different samples. Think it''s going to keep me busy for awhile... hehehe..

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/9/2008 10:04:31 AM
Author: elle_chris
hehe, I can totally see why you like flowerbomb if you like cookies and vanilla.
Flowerbomb to me is too candy like/sweet. In the dry down I smell like vanilla.
It is great for someone who loves vanilla though.

I''m hoping I like Eau de Merveilles too. I ordered the sample. Should get it by the end of the week.

Somehow Collide- Not too much of a perfume junkie. Just love ''trying'' to find that signature scent. Have a feeling it''s never going to happen as there are too many perfumes out there to try.

I recently ordered 18 different samples. Think it''s going to keep me busy for awhile... hehehe..
I can''t find a signature scent either, I just love too many and I now have around 50 bottles.....
emembarrassed.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 10:07:19 AM
Author: Lorelei

I can''t find a signature scent either, I just love too many and I now have around 50 bottles.....
emembarrassed.gif
yikes2.gif
Man, you are one smelly chick.
9.gif
25.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/9/2008 10:14:16 AM
Author: Ellen

emembarrassed.gif
yikes2.gif
9.gif
25.gif
Positively stinky even!!
face20.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 10:16:02 AM

Date: 9/9/2008 10:14:16 AM
Author: Ellen

emembarrassed.gif
yikes2.gif
9.gif
25.gif
Positively stinky even!!
face20.gif
thismuchistrue.gif
9.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
50???!! Start to decant and SELL!!!

Off the top of my head I can only count 14 for me. I''m sure I''m forgetting a few but I doubt it''s anywhere near even 20!

I gave in and ordered Armani''s Prive Eclat de Jasmine.
There''s something about the bottles I love so even if I don''t adore the scent, I''ll at least have a very pretty bottle. Can always decant and give some away too.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/9/2008 11:00:14 AM

Off the top of my head I can only count 14 for me. I''m sure I''m forgetting a few but I doubt it''s anywhere near even 20!

There''s something about the bottles I love so even if I don''t adore the scent, I''ll at least have a very pretty bottle. Can always decant and give some away too.
I should think about it with some of the ones I have and don''t wear....
22.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 11:00:14 AM

LOL!

I have two, three if you count the White Linen sampler I got as a free gift.
9.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
two?? TWO??? get to it woman!!
11.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 11:23:31 AM
two?? TWO??? get to it woman!!
11.gif
lol.gif

creepaway3.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got a nice new one called Jasmine Nior by Bulgari.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i just got an email that my newest perfume has arrived - it''s called melissa flagg clementine perfume oil. i tried to get DH to open it and take a whiff, but he claims to be busy . . . i love the smell of orange trees and was wearing a scent by jo malone that was delicious, but i''m giving this new one a go.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Liked White Jasmine & Mint by Jo Malone alot for a nice light summer scent but it faded fast. In fact, I found that the few Jo Malone''s I''ve tried fade very fast on me. Anyone else have this problem?

Btw, If anyone''s looking for a right out of the dirt Rose fragrance with lots of leaves, (that I find a bit overpowering so lay it on very thin) for the evening (too much for the day for me)
you need to try Diptyque''s "L''Ombre dans L''Eau".

Madam- How are you liking Jasmine Noir?

Hmm, don''t think I''ve ever heard of melissa flagg? I love orange too. Let us know how this one compares to the Jo Malone.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2008 6:05:56 PM
Liked White Jasmine & Mint by Jo Malone alot for a nice light summer scent but it faded fast. In fact, I found that the few Jo Malone''s I''ve tried fade very fast on me. Anyone else have this problem?
HI:

Yup. Commented earlier on the same. Sprayed it on today and gone pretty quickly.......
8.gif

cheers--Sharon

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 6:58:49 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 9/10/2008 6:05:56 PM
HI:

Yup. Commented earlier on the same. Sprayed it on today and gone pretty quickly.......
8.gif

cheers--Sharon
Must of missed that. Yeah, pretty much done with Jo Malone. Fragrances that don''t last are a big no no for me.

My Eclat de Jasmin should come today.
But as I''m a jasmine freak and can''t wait, decided to wear Serge Lutens A La Nuit. Love it!

Btw, I know the Paris salon for Serge Lutens won''t ship the bell jars to North America, but is it only available to those in Paris, or will they ship anywhere in Europe? Anyone know?

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
so i''m sporting some of my clementine today. it''s perfume oil that rolls on and it smells amazing. i would highly recommend it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results