shape
carat
color
clarity

How often do you change your avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 12:57:03 PM
Author: Upgradable
I like consistency, and I often scroll down a page quickly and recognize people by their avatar. It becomes part of their online personality. I know you''ve been changing up your ring alot, and that explains why a person may change their avatar up, trying it on for size.

I haven''t read anything on here of people thinking strangely of your picture. Where did you read that?
Yeah, I''d like to know who said something, as I find it hard to believe anyone would, and I haven''t read anything either.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Oh goodness, I change mine like I change my shoes! I just get bored with it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um. I originally had a blue person, and changed that quickly to my dog (who got lots of compliments, seeing as how he''s rather handsome), and then I changed it to my Guess Harriet blue suede heel and haven''t looked back since. I''ve only been here 8ish months, but I don''t feel like I can change it because it''s become a big part of my PS identity. I don''t know that I''d want to change it anyway because it''s so easily identifiable and very much me.

Plus, I don''t have any amazing jewels, so no point it putting those as my avatar. (Shhh...don''t tell my loose stones I said that!!!)

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freke, for some reason, your avatar always makes me think of Kim Cattrall as Samantha from S&TC . . . don''t know why!
37.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2008 3:30:31 PM
Author: gwendolyn

Date: 7/9/2008 12:33:17 PM
Author:beau13
I have ALWAYS had a pic of my ring(s) in my avatar until 3 days ago, when I changed it to a pic of myself (only because I am playing with special effects, and photography). It seems some may think I am being ''full of myself'' so, I posted a pic of my newest reset. I just wonder if anyone else likes to change it up from time to time, why stick to the same avatar for a whole year right? I know some members don''t like when you change your avatar too often, since they get used to the name/pic and it throws them off, when suddenly there is a new pic to associate with the member''s name. I love Skippy''s avatar, for obvious reasons, the symbolism there. I know alot of members don''t like to post pics of themselves for very good reasons, but I like to put a name to a face! I would NEVER post pics of my children on the internet,(on a public forum) while others have no problem with that. Anyway..just wanted to see what others thought about putting your own pic in your avatar. I am not seeking attention by doing so..I love seeing those members who DO have their pics posted in their avatar...remembering their face/name is easier than those with ring pics.
I don''t know why anyone on earth would think you were full of yourself for showing us your lovely face, my dear. Honestly, I think sometimes people over-analyze things. My avatar is usually of me, because I don''t have any serious bling yet--I certainly hope the assumption is not that I just love to look at myself, because that''s *so* far from the truth.
40.gif

I personally think avatars should reflect some element of ourselves, whether it be our loves or our jewelry or our pets or our faces. Which one works best is purely individual; I can''t imagine anyone judging anyone else for their choice of avatar. Just use whatever you like! That''s one of the few visuals we''re allow to set ourselves apart on the big scary interweb! I, at least, want to take full advantage of that.
2.gif

As for me, I tend to change my avatar every few months, just because I get bored with the same one. I have a photo I recently took of me sipping some tea out of my favourite mug, which I think might be my next avatar...hmm, or maybe my pig slippers...
27.gif
Gwendolyn, I vote for the pig slippers! I heart your pig slippers!
30.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 4:42:13 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Freke, for some reason, your avatar always makes me think of Kim Cattrall as Samantha from S&TC . . . don''t know why!
37.gif
Lol. I can see it.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I''d like to see a pic of Dancing Fire too! C''mon now, don''t be shy!!
emwink.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee hee hee!
27.gif

From the "first car" thread DF started:

cars10.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
His wedding pics are in his Who's Who thread.

Which I had NOTHING to do with.

27.gif
27.gif
27.gif

ETA:
Dancing%20Fire%20wedding%20pics.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
don''t you ladies have better things to do?
27.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good one Freke and Irrishgirl!
36.gif
11.gif

Gwendolyn, I remember the day you changed your avatar from Tori Amos to you your beautiful picture!!! Remember?
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 5:13:18 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
27.gif
Nope, I''m coming down with something, and have nothing better to do to pass my time...except study, and we all know I''m not doing that!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. I have never changed mine. How very dull of me!

Jcrow, your Avatar is one of my FAVORITES! I am glad it hasn''t changed.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t change mine very often.... I used to have a gorgeous picture of my husband and son.. that was a lovely photo.. I might bring it back...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''m on my third avatar. The first two didn''t really suit me, but I didn''t have anything better. Now I''ve got my Lola on a bookshelf, and as a cat mom and a book-a-holic I can''t think of anything more suitable.
1.gif
And Freke, I can''t believe you''ve only been here 8-ish months! I''m starting to feel like I''m really quiet here on the boards, which is funny, because I''m on here all the time!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
27.gif

Nope, haha.

Ditto Skippy!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Irina did my avatar, so it''s special to me. I won''t change it for that reason.
5.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I''ve only changed it a few times. The very first one I had I think was a yellow or green person, but I wanted something different. When I figured out how to change it, I changed it to my cat Henry. Then I had a snowman, which I love. I think I had a picture of my engagement ring, but I didn''t leave that one up for long. I wanted something that I could easily find if needed when I scrolled through threads. I love flowers, especially bright ones, so I changed it to the avatar I''m using now.

I do get used to seeing the same avatars for people, but a change is refreshing too.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
27.gif
Welllll, nothing that''s more fun than messing with you, DF! LOL!
9.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michelle, whatever you do, you can''t get rid of The Claw! I LOVE IT!!!
im%20in%20luuuurve.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2008 8:44:41 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

27.gif
Welllll, nothing that''s more fun than messing with you, DF! LOL!
9.gif
neenerneenerguy.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never have because I cannot do it other than the stock ones here and none of them excite me. Smiley face was the best one to me at the time and that is it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 10:38:41 PM
Author: diamondfan
I never have because I cannot do it other than the stock ones here and none of them excite me. Smiley face was the best one to me at the time and that is it!
I had the same one when I joined PS.
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 10:42:20 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 7/9/2008 10:38:41 PM
I had the same one when I joined PS.
1.gif
The Smiley face? I had the ladybug. LOL

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I've changed mine once, from a ring that was marginally like the kind I preferred when I first joined, to the ring I now have in my enamoured possession.

Freke, I can't think of a better avatar for you.
30.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
LADYBUG? Where? I love them. I found the cutest Hello Kitty on some sight but could not figure out how to get it onto PS. Yes, I am that computer challenged!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 10:48:29 PM
LADYBUG? Where? I love them. I found the cutest Hello Kitty on some sight but could not figure out how to get it onto PS. Yes, I am that computer challenged!
It is one of the options under Personal Section. Where is the cutest Hello Kitty?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it was some avatar site. I can try to find it...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 10:50:48 PM
I think it was some avatar site. I can try to find it...
Okay, honey! Maybe you can change it. hehe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results